Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 04:30:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ferry Crossing  (Read 34637 times)
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: January 31, 2004, 07:35:52 pm »

OK - So I have/may/might  have my camping tickets. The next question is the ferry crossing - who, best and more important - who is the cheapest.

Grin More BEER money ! Grin                                            Cool
Want to go the shortest route   - South Coast to Cherbourg area - but looking to be away over 5 days (so price goes up)

Anybody out there can give me some pointers- checked web sites for a few companies and rate vary from £350 - £500 . at this rate I'll be drinking water!

Grin   Help      Grin
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004, 07:42:56 pm by Nopanic » Logged

If you're going through hell, keep going.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2004, 07:46:11 pm »

Shortest journey once in France is from Caen. That said, Brittany have jumped their prices this year by about £100!!!!   Angry Angry Angry
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2004, 11:26:50 pm »

I know the cheapest way to Le mans is via Dover, but as I'm traveling down from Liverpool, I do not want to do the 5 -6 hour drive the other way.

Roll EyesEspecially with a bad head after the event.........
Tongue

IanB
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2004, 11:24:21 am »

Hi to you Nopanic,
We are doing Portsmouth- Caen ,out on Sunday (6th)morning about 9am homeward on Monday afternoon 14th Volvo estate towing car trailer , 4 passengers with cabin bothways total 520GBP.  Anyway where in Liverpool are you, I am in Knotty Ash may be we could meet for a sherbet or two I am sure the rest of the crew can be persuaded if theres drink on offer
   Ian
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2004, 12:12:07 pm »

There will four of us, One from Formby, 2 x from around Liverpool and I'm from over the sea's and far a way - the Wirral. Grin

when I tell people the Wirral they always say "Where?"

Anyway - how long R U going for ? If I remember you stayed at MasonB camp site about 2 years ago, I think you had a Volvo with loads of Michelin stickers on it.

Good idea to meet up before, as we r not due out till the Wednesday night ferry, and we can bring anything left behind over.

I'll put by email on my profile.

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2004, 02:14:15 pm »

There will four of us, One from Formby, 2 x from around Liverpool and I'm from over the sea's and far a way - the Wirral. Grin

when I tell people the Wirral they always say "Where?"

Anyway - how long R U going for ? If I remember you stayed at MasonB camp site about 2 years ago, I think you had a Volvo with loads of Michelin stickers on it.

Good idea to meet up before, as we r not due out till the Wednesday night ferry, and we can bring anything left behind over.

I'll put by email on my profile.

Nopanic, yes that was us with the Volvo all decalled up, that was 2002, we will be on MB from the Sunday we hope, give Ian an e mail and I am sure we can arrange a meet and have a few pints discussing this years tactics.
Brian.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2004, 05:41:00 pm »

I'll certainly be up for a beer beforehand if it gets organised

Bring on the low flyers
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2004, 05:47:14 pm »

Portsmouth To Le Havre Tue 08 June 2004 at 1500
Cherbourg To Portsmouth Mon 14 June 2004 at 0630

£154...  Think it has gone up now to around £180

Booked thru P&O web site

The trip Caen-Le Mans is far easier, but couldnt resist a bargain this year

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004, 10:56:34 pm »

i dont think it will make much difference what ferry route you try at this time, they are all capitalising on the LM event.
i myself thought it was cheep for a motorbike but even now i have got to get what i can, just like you dreamracers going out to leharve and returning cherbourg, and it still cost a whopping £130.
good luck to all in getting a booking, whatever the cost, you wanna go you gotta pay!!! Huh

Andy
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2004, 11:04:08 pm »

Portsmouth - Cherbourg. P&O

Thursday 10th late sailing - Monday 14th evening sailing
£245

Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2004, 02:09:38 am »

Portsmouth to Le Havre out Weds night back Monday night

Cabins each way car +2 and a caravan sized trailer = FOC ( hurrah )

Finaaly got a sponsor  Grin

Try P&O but Wednesday night is THE busiest and the companies from Portsmouth can fill them boats 2 or 3 times over. Demand is that High.

Forgot to add that P&O are doing a Vommit Commit to Caen this year and there are offers to fill it up so prices should be good, worth a look. Are you in any clubs , Caravanning , AA / RAC they all get discounted rates. even travel agents get better rates.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2004, 02:11:12 am by Robbo SPS » Logged

Take life by the horns and live it.
rcutler
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2004, 12:35:25 pm »

Portsmouth to Le Havre out Weds night back Monday night

Cabins each way car +2 and a caravan sized trailer = FOC ( hurrah )

Finaaly got a sponsor  Grin

Try P&O but Wednesday night is THE busiest and the companies from Portsmouth can fill them boats 2 or 3 times over. Demand is that High.

Forgot to add that P&O are doing a Vommit Commit to Caen this year and there are offers to fill it up so prices should be good, worth a look. Are you in any clubs , Caravanning , AA / RAC they all get discounted rates. even travel agents get better rates.

This is very true I have a bargain plus you can go out on Wednesday morning getting to france at 1110 with a 1 hour fast drive then coming back at 2030 on Monday. this is perfect as it keeps you within the 5 day return and you get the best value. Airtrack offer this route and MB for £380 for a car and 4.
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2004, 12:47:02 pm »

P & O Fastcraft Portsmouth to Cherbourg, Wed afternoon, Volvo estate + trailer tent, 4 people returning Monday evening via fastcraft - total £259 - £7 cheaper than last year.  

Advice is NOT to rely on PO's web site.  It originally quoted me £333 for the above ferries, but spoke to reservations and they quoted me the above.

On the other hand, I am going back over in July, car + caravan + 2 people for a fortnight - web site quoted me £306 and reservations quoted me £500+.  Guess which one I booked.

I know a lot of weak-bellied CA members don't like the 'vomit special', but I have never had any problems in 4 years, including the return trip where one's metabolism is more delicate.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2004, 01:08:03 pm »

I spoke to mr co- driver the other day reagrding this nre boat.

Apparetnyl there will be a decent sized open deck are on the boat , like the first P&O fast craft - The Superstar express ( Now the Jonathan Swift to Dublin - Irish Ferries ).

It gives fresh air into the cabin and helps when its a little rough .

Basically shouldnt be too much of the Super Ship Vommit this year.
The one to cherbourg is the same as last year. - Puke City Man

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2004, 01:55:25 pm »

I hope it's choppy, I really do!

Call me Mr Uncharitable if you like, but what fun to see people getting off the other end with faces the colour of gangrene. Tongue

Like I said before, never ever again. Ever.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: