Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 12:45:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Yanks are coming!!  (Read 10220 times)
Dijon Mustard
CA Veteran

Now that's the mustard!

View Profile
« on: February 09, 2004, 03:55:01 pm »

Hi all!!

I'm a noob to the forum and somewhat new to Le Mans.  I hail from New York in the States (hope you don't mind a yank).  Unfortunately, I've only been to Le Mans once back in '01 and I've been eager to go back.  doesn't look like I'll make it this year.  Maybe next year.  Anywho, just wanted to say hello.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2004, 04:08:21 pm »

Welcome to Club Arnage, if you do not make it this year, this is the forum to be on as it starts hotting up you at least get the flavour of the great event and during the race you will have the coverage to follow.
Enjoy.
Brian. Grin Grin

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 04:18:56 pm »

Hi there LM Driver.  If you keep on this forum, you will be kicking yourself for not making it by June.............Addiction rules Smiley

If you can't make it this year, at least this place will make you hungry for '05 Smiley

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 04:30:14 pm »

If you can't make it this year, at least this place will make you hungry for '05 Smiley

Blimey Gib, are we planning for 2005 already ??  Wink

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 04:34:36 pm »

Scarily I have already booked for camping with the ACO for 2005. Maybe (only maybe!) I might get allocated something better than Beausejour!!
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2004, 04:35:21 pm »

Blimey Gib, are we planning for 2005 already ??  Wink

With the Astons probably making it..........Yup Smiley

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2004, 04:41:15 pm »

Scarily I have already booked for camping with the ACO for 2005. Maybe (only maybe!) I might get allocated something better than Beausejour!!

I'll be very interested to see how that turns out Mark!

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2004, 06:13:14 pm »

So JP, you send them an order for 2005 and then what? To tell you the truth, I reckon you've more chance of Beagle 2 getting in contact with you than the ACO. But, to be fair to the hapless spaceship, the ACO didn’t smack into Mars at 600,000 mph and leave its own crater the size of the Bugatti curcuit, so they don’t really have the same excuse.

You will still be allocated BSJ and I'll stake my Lieutenant Uhura costume on it.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2004, 07:16:29 am »

Andy,
I have also been in contact with the ACO for earliest possible bookings and made my reservation request, as JP did, with the ACO for 2005. I received an email yesterday from "Billetteria" responding,

"Dear Sir,

Could you send us back an order for the race 2005 by mail on april 2004.

Kinds regards"

I have had a daily running email exchange with the "Billetteria" since the beginning of last week, just after they informed me that I had not been issued Maison Blanche camping for the 2004 race as I requested in June of 2003. I can say that they were quite friendly but evasive in their responses to my questions as to the method of allocation. I never actually received a yes or no to my queries as to whether  the tickets were issued on a first come first  basis served basis, or if the ACO members had priority. I was first told that I should order tickets for the 2005 race while at the 2004 prequalifications. I then informed them I was unable to attend PQ and then ordered the tickets for the 2005 race. That`s when they sent me the above response. So I guess that is what I will have to do in April.
However unfortunately still no response from Beagle 2.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2004, 10:20:14 am »

So JP, you send them an order for 2005 and then what?

I was thinking of badgering them every week!!  (Especially the cute blonde one who was in their offices in 2002!!)  Grin

You will still be allocated BSJ and I'll stake my Lieutenant Uhura costume on it.

I can't wait to see this years ACO Poster!!  A Commer driven by Lieutenant Uhura??  Grin
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2004, 08:40:38 pm »

Blimey Gib, are we planning for 2005 already ??  

Has to be done - 2005 will be the MGA's 50th anniversary.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2004, 12:43:48 am »

Andy,
I have also been in contact with the ACO for earliest possible bookings and made my reservation request, as JP did, with the ACO for 2005. I received an email yesterday from "Billetteria" responding,

"Dear Sir,

Could you send us back an order for the race 2005 by mail on april 2004.

Kinds regards"

I have had a daily running email exchange with the "Billetteria" since the beginning of last week, just after they informed me that I had not been issued Maison Blanche camping for the 2004 race as I requested in June of 2003. I can say that they were quite friendly but evasive in their responses to my questions as to the method of allocation. I never actually received a yes or no to my queries as to whether  the tickets were issued on a first come first  basis served basis, or if the ACO members had priority. I was first told that I should order tickets for the 2005 race while at the 2004 prequalifications. I then informed them I was unable to attend PQ and then ordered the tickets for the 2005 race. That`s when they sent me the above response. So I guess that is what I will have to do in April.
However unfortunately still no response from Beagle 2.

Gab, see private e mail and responed.
Ta La.
Brian.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2004, 12:45:01 am by Brian.L,pool boys » Logged

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2004, 06:20:49 am »

Hey GAB, You have to be on Maison Blanche...
how else will they know where to put the toilet block and power outlet?Huh It is all measured off your van.
The starting point and reference for the whole layout,
water tap, pump out line.  Lake George in the rainy season. Those admistrators have no idea what goes on in the real world of MB Roll Eyes Grin Cheesy
Canada Phil
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2004, 06:44:42 am »

Phil, I´m in...got me a MB ticket thanks to a certain CA moderator who visited me recently. You can rest assure that once again we will have the best seats in the house for the daily turd races, I know PM will be happy. I must not forget the 50 outlet electical extension block this year, let`s see if we can have enough tap-offs to melt down my van. Hopefully the rainy season will have passed by race week this year, we can`t afford to lose the space if Lake George decides to appear again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: