Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 08:51:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pre-Qualifying  (Read 12120 times)
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2004, 12:57:17 pm »

On saturday there's scruteneering and the paddock is open to public. There won't be any track action on saturday, only posing and presenting Grin. The actual test day is on sunday. The paddock is closed and testing starts from 09:00 on. If you're lucky (and very early) you even have the chance to slip into the paddock area.

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2004, 07:08:59 pm »

Robbo

PQ is well worth the trip. Firstly, your general entrance ticket gets you in for this as well as June.

Access to all the grandstands is free.  It is obviously a lot quieter than June and access (i.e. driving to Arnage/Mulsanne ) all around the circuit is very easy.

Me and MrsRS2 last year got literally trackside at the Porsche curves (because of the relaxed security and less people around).

2002 all the area behind the garages was open and you could walk in between the motorhomes right to the back of the team garages (but they seemed to have cottoned on to that last year unfortunately and closed it off).

No atmosphere in the village of course and a lot less exotica to view on the public roads but the on track action more than compensates and of course is the best way to whet the appetite for June............
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2004, 01:22:11 am »

Cheers

My thought is a saturday night ferry arriving 0630 in Le Havre, 2 hour blast in either car or on big bike and watch said PQ , then return to ferry at 2300 for  Monday day at work.

Wasnt sure if it was possible though .

Thanks any way

Take life by the horns and live it.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2004, 03:51:42 pm »

Bloody hell two hours is gonna be pushing the envelope a little Robbo. Microlight maybe.

Just had an email about cheapo ferries Pompey-Le Havre down to £180 now if ordered before April 1st. Was about £300 before Xmas. Sort of tempting, I wonder if Mrs Bill fancies a quick trip, nearly said quickie then, slip of the wotsit! Embarrassed

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2004, 03:57:56 pm »

Bloody hell two hours is gonna be pushing the envelope a little Robbo. Microlight maybe.

Just had an email about cheapo ferries Pompey-Le Havre down to £180 now if ordered before April 1st. Was about £300 before Xmas. Sort of tempting, I wonder if Mrs Bill fancies a quick trip, nearly said quickie then, slip of the wotsit! Embarrassed

Bill

Two hours 150 miles , no real isues on a bike . Did the return from 1000 kms in just under 2hours. so i may miss the start.........

Take life by the horns and live it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2004, 04:20:34 pm »

Cheers

My thought is a saturday night ferry arriving 0630 in Le Havre, 2 hour blast in either car or on big bike and watch said PQ , then return to ferry at 2300 for  Monday day at work.

Wasnt sure if it was possible though .

Thanks any way
When I've been to PQ, this is the way I've done it, a bit tiring but well possible. Maybe use Caen, maybe Le Havre, depends on the best deal. Maybe I'll get to go this year instead of the South of England Spring Garden Show/Llama Fanciers Meeting fiasco of last year. Angry Angry

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2004, 04:33:41 pm »

I'm still undecided (been caught prevaricating again).

I'll be in Kent that weekend, so Dover / Calais is the obvious choice, but as to where to kip - the back of the car may look promising at 3 am Sunday!

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2004, 04:58:15 pm »

I'm still undecided (been caught prevaricating again).

I'll be in Kent that weekend, so Dover / Calais is the obvious choice, but as to where to kip - the back of the car may look promising at 3 am Sunday!

What are you doing in Kent that weekend Steve?? Thought we were running my missus' people carrier down. The plan from the London beer session was Gibberish, Rick you and I, and possibly AZ if he fancies it, going down together in the Galaxy (No, not in that way Big H) still with plenty of space for kit and booze!!
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2004, 05:09:37 pm »

What are you doing in Kent that weekend Steve?? Thought we were running my missus' people carrier down. The plan from the London beer session was Gibberish, Rick you and I, and possibly AZ if he fancies it, going down together in the Galaxy (No, not in that way Big H) still with plenty of space for kit and booze!!

Arh yes, remember it now.  Must have been distracted by Raoul's antics.
Right, sod Kent, Plan A sounds a lot better.  I'm in.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2004, 10:07:00 pm »

Right Robbo was thinking too many wheels and trying to pass "les camions" on the roads near Gace, etc. With your bike no sweat. Enjoy it, Mrs Bill she say "bugger off"! Again!

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
donati
CA Veteran

Nordschleife addict!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2004, 01:52:27 am »

On saturday there's scruteneering and the paddock is open to public. There won't be any track action on saturday, only posing and presenting Grin. The actual test day is on sunday. The paddock is closed and testing starts from 09:00 on. If you're lucky (and very early) you even have the chance to slip into the paddock area.

When does the action end on Sunday?
Any night/evening action?

--
Donati
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2004, 09:47:56 am »

'kin hell Mark!  I don't remember that Grin  Pissed again I suppose  Shocked

On a more serious note, blasted redundancy has thrown the whole thing in the air for me, but give us a proposed budget, and I'll work on it.  Wink

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2004, 12:35:03 pm »

'kin hell Mark!  I don't remember that Grin  Pissed again I suppose  Shocked

On a more serious note, blasted redundancy has thrown the whole thing in the air for me, but give us a proposed budget, and I'll work on it.  Wink

It was while we were in the bar just off Carnaby Street. I think the bar maid may have been distrat=cting you??   Grin

Not sure of budget, but hoepfully the ferries shouldn't be too expensive that time of year. Need a group decision about whether we would camp or want a cheap hotel.

gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2004, 01:25:38 pm »

If if if..................I have a 4 berth frame tent, which will sleep more if desperate.  

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
powermite
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2004, 06:27:38 pm »

The usual WANCs will be making the trip.I think Fri night over and sunday back.
Also me and mrsPM are off to StMalo for the weekend next friday,just to get me in the mood.
Sadly though it doesnt look like the Transam's new motor will arrive from the states in time,so i'll be in Griffs Range Rover being jealous of Big Al and Mrs Doubtfire in the 'Vette
The best ive had is a pic of it on the dyno!!
PM

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: