Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 04:12:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Unmarked rozzers on M4  (Read 5311 times)
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2004, 02:37:59 pm »

I do quite alot of M4 driving early AM.
Saw an unmarked Omega '52' plate, burgandy today.
Quite sneeky, getting tucked in in front of HGV's, waiting for the guided missiles to come by.
Keep a look out on your travels to those early ferries.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2004, 03:34:42 pm »

The M3 currently has a dark green Volvo saloon as well!!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2004, 03:47:13 pm »

Typical Hampshire Constablary; always got to go one better, Volvo's indeed.

Didn't they used to run plain 5 Series?

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2004, 04:25:42 pm »

Thames Valley Police used to own

R1 2 HOT

On a RED Subaru Impreza WRX STI

How much did they pay for that and can it be put down as provacatation.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2004, 04:50:26 pm »

Sussex/Surrey police are using a dark silver metallic Saab on the M23 at the moment.
They have also been trying out their mobile cameras on some of the bridges.

Mind you after the horrific crash on the M23 a couple of weeks back that killed 8 people (5 from crawley), a few more police on the roads instead of fixed cameras may not be a bad idea.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2004, 05:11:46 pm »

Typical Hampshire Constablary; always got to go one better, Volvo's indeed.

Didn't they used to run plain 5 Series?

Yep, and unmarked Omegas.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2004, 05:20:56 pm »

I've got one of those - well, a few stone chips... Smiley
Jem
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2004, 09:53:41 pm »

You think you've got it bad, I live in North Wales.....home of the UK's number one anti car traffic idiot Chief Constable.

Highest car convictions in the UK and highest levels of other crime as well......whats going on?
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2004, 10:04:51 pm »

The Subaru was a "Present " from Pro Drive in banbury and included all the serviceing.

unfortunalty the  idiots who run the TVP fleet signed a deal with GM / vauxhall to buy silly amounts of cheap cars, so the Scoob, had to go.

The Governmant then decided they werent appropiatte police cars so demanded the rest go, unless on a trial basis/ Partnership deal.

ALL HAmpshire un-marked Police cars are now Volvo's. S60 saloons with NO dealer markings om the number plate or rear window. Always dark metalic colours with LARGE middle head rests ( the flip board )

most at the moment are HX51 YDA / B /C / D. They get changed soon.

TVP mostly use their unmarked cars for Real Policing issues, and again ONLY use Omega's at the moment. They have extra indictord on the front bumper valances, which are BLUE lights.

Oh, all UN-marked cars have videos.

Hope that helps

The car to look out for nearest portsmouth at the moment is a BLUE Volvo S60 HX51YDA, its ALWAYS double crewed.

I will post up if nything of interst cmoes up that may effect your arrival at portsmouth.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2004, 10:23:03 pm »

Highest car convictions in the UK and highest levels of other crime as well......whats going on?

It's quite simple Jem.   Last week a policeman was stabbed in Brum.  He died from the injuries.  So you see chasing criminals is dangerous.  So what they do is go after the easier to catch Criminals.  All they do it take the criminals photo well their car and send them a letter to ask them to say "Fair Cop"  here's my 60 notes and I'm collecting points.   It's a great revenue generator.  The crime solved count is improved and it makes North Wales a safer place.

I have a solution for all this.

1) Privatise the Police.
2) Make the Police the insurance company for house contents theft.

The some one breaks in to your house.  They go and recover your goods from the crimal or buy you new goods.

That way the more criminals they catch the more money they keep.

I'm not condoning speeding as such.  I'm just p*ssed off that we the tax payer spends so much on hi-tech devices to catch motorists.  I love to compare that to the amount spent on Speed Cameras and the amount spent on Vandalisum prevention.

I read on a mailing list the other day an account of someone reporting a Crime.    It may be appocraphal but it made me laugh.

Someone phoned the Police to report a burglary.  The Police told him they didn't have anyone available to deal with it until the following day. He replied.  "That's OK he's not going anywhere I've shot him." and put the phone down.
 Within minutes a number of Police cars were at the house.  
"Wher's the Body" they asked
"What Body" he replied.
"We thought you said you shot him"
"I thought you said you  had no one available till tomorrow!"  Grin

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2004, 10:55:28 pm »

TMDG

That is a varient of a true story about a Shed Burgulary in Bershire 3 years ago. A true story, i kid you not.

Goes like this.

Old man, who never calls Police hears a noise, notices people in his shed. cvAlls police on 999 who take details, and then say

we are curently un-able to send a unit now, due to other More urgent incidnts in your are.

Male puts phone down - a little dissapointed.

police Control room call back telling him, there are no police officers in the area ( Bracknell ) but as its a shed break the local beat officer would call in the morning.

The phone goes down, a few mins later 9 about 5 mins after the origional call, and while shed is still being ransacked ) Man calls 999.

I have caught the blighters, and have them at gun point, my old army isse rifle. And hangs up. With a responce time of just 10 mins, Helicopter, Armed respince cars x 3, local beat van, dog van, and traffic cars, plus duty sergant and Inspector are surrounding the house.

Male walks to house and points police to rear garedn, where 2 juvinile people are demolishing anything and everything due to a pill infested high. They get nicked.

Quote from Inspector : Where is the gun sir, I havent got one, but then again, your control room lady told me there were NO police avaiable and the crime isnt a priotiry, so no one can come until tomorrow.

Egg on Face for TVP, it was in the local rags, then made the nationals as a joke column. No official relealse was ever made, but it was a true story.

Take life by the horns and live it.
DickieAttwood
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2004, 12:42:30 am »

The M3 currently has a dark green Volvo saloon as well!!

I saw that Volvo this week harassing an obviously innocent motorcyclist

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money. The sh1t has hit the fan.
Benji 07
CA Veteran

please don't rain

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2004, 11:53:10 am »

Did anyone see the new italian police car on top gear last week? A Lambo Mercialago! and their police are more likely to try and race you than do you for speeding in my experiance- oh and also if your in a ferrari your absolved from any fault!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: