Club Arnage
June 07, 2024, 07:53:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans 2004 Mass Camping Booking  (Read 19916 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2003, 10:43:38 am »

Nice one Rhino!!   Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2003, 12:30:05 pm »

Spoken to the troops and we would be interested in the ticket booking service, particularly given ACO cock ups of the last two years.

But not intersted in a hospitality tent, a la MRI etc, I don't like the idea of plastic palm trees and meals at a set time. We'd rather do our own thing.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
rcutler
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2003, 12:38:02 pm »

I would certainly be intersted in a block booking. The only requirement I have on the campsites is that I have electric hook up to keep the beers cold.
I normally book in september but may have to book earlier this year as I am an ACO member now and need o ensure I get a ticket.
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2003, 02:10:08 pm »

There's only 5 in our gang... we don't have sports cars  Embarrassed (well one of us has a TT but you know what I mean) , we don't even use a tent.. (motor home with awning), and there's only really one of us that knows anything about cars, and that's not the TT owner obviously... and to top it all off, we've only been once before... so on the scale of Robin Reliant to Aston Martin, we're probably somewhere around the Ford Mondeo... Putting that aside though, we're hooked after somehow blagging grandstand seats opposite the pit exit for the last hour of the race last year! Grin

We had the expected trouble with camping tickets this year but are sorted in P16 with MRI... Undecided I know, but I'm sure we're not the only one's who panicked and found the bottom of the barrel...

Seems like a nice track side roped off CA area would fit the bill 'cos I've read sooo many postings going on and on about how sh*te the other organisations are at providing it all... so would be good to see you lot put your money where your mouths are... only one draw back that I can see... who's gonna pay for the pitch reserved for stacking the empties...

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2003, 11:26:19 pm »

I have two sources to pursue, one in the ACO and one elsewhere.

Initially I am just going to suggest that we may be interested in 150+ camping places and see what reaction I get.

I'll explore different options and report back, probably after the event this year. I'm assuming that people will be prepared to commit (i.e. cash) MUCH earlier than they may be used to.

If the idea starts to take off then we can have a discussion about how far we want to go (facilities etc).
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2003, 11:38:14 pm »

I agree Smokie, people will need to show their commitment early by actually paying out the cash. I think getting the site first is the priority. We seem to have many resourceful people willing to help looking at the thread so far. Offers of refridgerated trailers etc. As long as we can get a large generator of some kind we will be able to arrange pretty much what we desire, and of course we will have the best part of a year to sort it.
GeeBee
CA Veteran

MORE BEER GARCON!!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2003, 08:58:53 am »

Top idea all round, I've just voted and would be happy to pay up early just to save the annual "will we-won't we" lottery. Saying that, tickets and camping (MB as requested) have just arrived from Just Tickets. So that's all right then. relax for another year!

GeeBee.

GeeBee
rex
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2003, 07:57:17 pm »

I'm sure endorsed this proposal somewhere else on the forum but count me in for 2no camping passes of your choice Rex.L
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2003, 09:22:35 pm »

I have two sources to pursue, one in the ACO and one elsewhere.

Initially I am just going to suggest that we may be interested in 150+ camping places and see what reaction I get.

I'll explore different options and report back, probably after the event this year. I'm assuming that people will be prepared to commit (i.e. cash) MUCH earlier than they may be used to.

If the idea starts to take off then we can have a discussion about how far we want to go (facilities etc).

Smokie I suggest you and CA officials a meet during the week of the race and a meet after with ACO staff to ask what can they do for us for 2004 campsite.

What do you think about it?

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2003, 06:22:18 pm »

Gilles I have already mailed a conact at the ACO to ask for a meeting on Mon 9th. If you were around it might help any language barriers....
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2003, 08:27:05 pm »

Can I come?
I promise to behave, honest. I was thinking of a nice little off-the-shoulder number, a few sequins...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
simon_bec
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 23, 2003, 09:13:54 pm »

Hi, I book for 10 to 15 bike engined kits each year so sounds like a top idea!!

Simon
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2003, 10:29:26 am »

I'm up for this and cast my vote earlier. Keep it simple guys. most folk will make their own fun and entertainment. The most important thing really is the getting together part

Does it really only have full throttle
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2003, 09:49:58 pm »

Agree with you, it has to stay simple.

we don't have the vocation to replace MRI or Autotrack (even if personnally I'ld kill for working for this type of company).

Only commodities could be added, like a genny or refrigerated trailer (and even this could be hard to manage because the first arrive will refresh all their beers and the last won't have room left)

Have first your campsite tickets and we'll see the rest after!

Could we obtain a general agreement on MB as the CA location?... just in case the ACO will be good-oriented with our request !

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 26, 2003, 11:23:35 pm »

MB is fine for me, never tried that one before.

How about a poll, and then go in order of votes.

Mind you the only one I wouldn't really be keen on would be Beausejour as too far away!  Even though I am staying at Expo is quite low on my list due to crap facilities!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: