Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 08:11:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going on foot  (Read 2145 times)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 04, 2004, 07:17:14 pm »

Just wondering if anyone else is going on foot this year, as I am.

???Also, are there any unofficial camping areas in the event that some officious ticket checker turfs me out for not having a permit. I'm reliably informed, courtesy of this site no less, that I don't need one and can walk onto a site and just pitch my tent, but just in case, are there any areas of tolerated camping?
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2004, 08:04:09 pm »

I've done that for the last 3 years, you need to find some space that isn't going to encroach.

I think that Houx seems to have an excess so why not try there, some of the other sites seemed to be very tightly packed.

The first night (3 years ago) I camped at tetre rouge and I did get some suspicious looks from the officials but nothing was said.

Its too noisy for me anyway so i moved to the haven that is Houx.

Its probably a bit dull for some tastes though.
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2004, 11:01:54 pm »

You should be able to walk onto Maisonblanche they will not question you being there as you will not be recogniazable from the pitch next to you
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2004, 02:59:05 pm »

I'm reliably informed, courtesy of this site no less, that I don't need one and can walk onto a site and just pitch my tent,

That is the case. Once you have walked on no one checks your ticket. Houx annexe for example just has a mound of earth around it so you can walk on from anywhere. The permits are really only for the vehicles so feel free to camp anywhere you like.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: