Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 08:28:23 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Youre Nicked 2004  (Read 15152 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« on: June 15, 2004, 06:47:49 pm »

Goldfish SPS in his mighty powerful Rover 25 83 bhp monster was the only one of our group to get nicked, in the slowest car !!

Where

The N138 south into Gace for overtaking on a white line.

90 Euro's lighter he was.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 07:18:19 pm »

My mate got pulled for the random breathlyser on Friday morning. Amazingly he passed.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 08:05:53 pm »

Saw two speed checks on the N138 but with the caravan there wasn't much chance of me speeding...
« Last Edit: June 15, 2004, 08:06:06 pm by smokie » Logged
RobP
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 10:51:42 pm »

Goldfish SPS in his mighty powerful Rover 25 83 bhp monster was the only one of our group to get nicked, in the slowest car !!

Where

Two of our lot got done for the same thing in a similar area - the two that ignored the headlight flashing of the locals driving the other way! Gendarmerie held one passenger hostage whilst the others went off to find a bank  Shocked
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2004, 11:23:47 pm »

Where

Our advanced party got pulled in the same place for the same thing - 90 euros later......  Roll Eyes

He also lost his passport and driving licence  Cry

Steve East Anglian cobras

Radar
CA Veteran

What is this llama sh*t anyway?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 02:16:50 pm »

And who were the chaps getting nicked just outside Broglie while everyone else was sitting in the traffic jam Monday lunchtime? They were stopped by a dark blue unmarked hatch. One victim was a silver Porsche, can't remember the others.

Looks like the Broglie to Gace stretch is a favourite place for the Clouseau brigade - thats where there was a speedtrap last year, too.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 02:25:22 pm »

Yes, I saw that.  Was that with the rather nice looking female police ladies.

chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2004, 04:26:27 pm »

We only saw 2 traps all weekend, just lucky I guess!!
The most exciting we got was the accident Thursday lunchtime which threatened to close the road south of Gace (cannot remember exactly where) I'm sure the nutter in the Porsche was responsible for causing 2 very surprised locals to crash while trying to go 3 abreast down the hill....
Dijon Mustard
CA Veteran

Now that's the mustard!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2004, 04:55:57 pm »

Our advanced party got pulled in the same place for the same thing - 90 euros later......  Roll Eyes

How do you get out of France if they take your passport and license?  Do you have to get a new one when you get home?
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2004, 11:14:40 pm »

How do you get out of France if they take your passport and license?  Do you have to get a new one when you get home?

Do what the immagrants do, Jump in the back of a lorry, then arrive in the UK with £100 per week and a new house !  Undecided

Take life by the horns and live it.
Raoul
CA Veteran

I'm Raoul!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 09:50:51 am »

Do what the immagrants do, Jump in the back of a lorry, then arrive in the UK with £100 per week and a new house !  Undecided

Yeah Great Innit!!! Grin
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2004, 10:05:39 am »

I met two people that got nicked.  One guy had to pay out 750 Euro for doing 110mph on the way down.  The other was fined for not wearing a seat belt.  It was not a big fine 45 Euro I think.  I heard that some one was fined for "Accessive Acceleration"  in Arnage.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2004, 02:24:49 pm »

There was one guy (in what looked like a caterham) did a burnout at Arnage on Friday lunch time and was chased 100 yards up the track. He managed to pull into the crowd and then 'disappeared'. A rather pi$$@d off policeman came to the car and took his camping ticket (Interior Musee) off the windscreen. The driver just sat on the fence watching (hiding). The police then set themselves up for a long wait near by.

We left shortly after that but apparently he ended up driving through the woods (out of sight of the police). In the evening I saw his car 'under covers' back in the campsite. He 'borrowed' a ticket to get it in. Not sure if he got fined though.
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2004, 10:32:35 pm »

There was one guy (in what looked like a caterham) did a burnout at Arnage on Friday lunch time and was chased 100 yards up the track. He managed to pull into the crowd and then 'disappeared'. A rather pi$$@d off policeman came to the car and took his camping ticket (Interior Musee) off the windscreen. The driver just sat on the fence watching (hiding). The police then set themselves up for a long wait near by.

We left shortly after that but apparently he ended up driving through the woods (out of sight of the police). In the evening I saw his car 'under covers' back in the campsite. He 'borrowed' a ticket to get it in. Not sure if he got fined though.

What a coincedence...I met this chap at Dieppe on the way home! He was telling me the story - apparently they hid in the woods for 3 hours.
He was in  a Dutton kitcar...

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2004, 10:38:45 pm »

He was in  a Dutton kitcar...

I didn't realise they were capable of such things as burnouts ?  Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up