Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 09:56:17 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: And now for something completely different!!!!  (Read 3653 times)
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2004, 09:39:26 pm »

As you know myself Pretzel and DR are all avid fans of "The Burgundy Beasts" capers on the hillclimb circuits in the southern hemisphere.....or is it southern counties!!!

Well.....surprise surprise......this Sunday Ian will be competing at Gurston Down near Salisbury on Sunday.

Not only that .....but there will be 9 GTD'S competing.....for those of you who don't know whay they are .They are GT40 replicas....Lodas noise!!

Wishy
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2004, 09:43:01 pm »

What time does it start/finish Wishy.

Being Fathers Day we are out for lunch but if it is a morning thing or an afternoon thing then we might manage to sneak away for a while.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2004, 10:38:16 pm »

Hi JP

Practice is in the morning and the timed runs start at about 1o'clock until about 5 when the presentations take place.

Also for the Robbo's of this world.If I remember correctly the bikers are also running this weekend as well.

Wishy
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2004, 10:05:10 am »

I would have quite liked the trip down to see that, but I am at a "loadsanoise" day myself on Sunday. Wellesbourne Airfield in Warwickshire will be the last run out for Lara the Midget after her second trip to Le Mans, she is into the workshop then for a five speed gearbox transplant.

The "loadsanoise" at Wellesbourne is a series (I hope ) of full power engine runs for their Avro Vulcan bomber. They are using their Vulcan (Grounded for ever by MOD) as a training airframe for  the crew who will be flying the Vulcan at Bruntingthorpe, after the refit being part funded by lottery money. There is a classic cars event there too, which is where Lara comes in. She has a display parking invite to be near the Vulcan before and maybe after the power runs.

Cool

Bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Black Widow
CA Veteran

The hills are alive with the sound of......BDA's!!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2004, 01:32:12 pm »

A big thank you to my PR officer, Wishy, for the mention.

A couple of competitions to run:-
1.  How many of the GTD's will be in Gulf colours?
2.  How CA T-shirts can we get on show at Gurston?  Doesn't matter if they've not been washed yet from last weekend!

For those who need directions, get to Salisbury.  Head out of Salisbury on the A354, towards Blandford.  About 2-3 miles out, there's a village called Coombe Bissett.  There's a right hand turn, on a bend, signposted Stratford Tony,  Bishopstone & Broadchalke.  Follow that road/lane to the other side of Broadchalke, about 6 miles.  Gurston Down is signposted on the right.

Hope to see those of you that can make it, tomorrow.

Smiley Wink

I sat on little Miss's Muffet!!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2004, 04:30:11 pm »

Hi JP

Practice is in the morning and the timed runs start at about 1o'clock until about 5 when the presentations take place.

Also for the Robbo's of this world.If I remember correctly the bikers are also running this weekend as well.

Wishy

I thought it might be an all dayer  Sad  Table booked for daddy's day lunch at 1pm.
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2004, 06:26:58 pm »

Hi JP

Also for the Robbo's of this world.....
Wishy
Wishy, i'm working for a while now, which is a shame.

I can only afford a half day at the Goodwood FOS due to work.

Take life by the horns and live it.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2004, 08:51:34 pm »

We'll be there Wishy, around 11:30am, complete with very well washed CA T shirts - well you wouldn't want to be responsible for transmitting diseases now would you.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2004, 08:54:28 pm by pretzel » Logged

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: