Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 09:15:49 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sky-diving ride  (Read 7353 times)
rory
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: June 22, 2004, 04:26:17 pm »

stupid i know, but i was daft enough to have a go on that ride in the funfare at about 2 pm on sat lunchtime.  no queue i thought - perfect timing.  and not too pissed that i will hurl on the ride.
all going quite well until i fell off the airstream and heard a sickening pop from my left shoulder.
i limp off the ride holding my left arm in my right, thinking this may not have been such a good idea after all.
then i throw up and pass out.
after an hour i am on a morphine drip in a ambulance on my way to le mans hospital with a dislocated shoulder.  very very sore.
to cut a long story short i missed all the saturday racing (in my aco grandstand seat) but discharged myself when the gang arrived to take me to dinner where i topped up the morphine with red wine.  french hospital and nurses are great.
got some excellent souvenir x rays but won't be going on the funfare again for a while.
sleeping on the floor with a strapped shoulder, and then driving the alpine back on sunday wasn't exactly a laugh either.
sure there's a lesson in there somewhere.  can't think what it is though.
still had a great time - hope you did too.
ps morphine is highly recommended.....
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 07:29:05 pm »

ouch Lips Sealed

Ferrari Spider
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 01:47:24 am »

I know just how you feel.  Stumbled down the embankment in MB Saturday morning, just as the race was starting knee decided to have a day off, nearly passed out with the pain, still recovering now.  Worse thing missed all the fun sat and sun!!  Always next year.

This is me in the casulity clearing station near the ACO clubhouse infield side.  Got here after three ambulance rides.  The red cross people were fantastic and looked after me a treat.

* arnage.jpg (126.38 KB, 866x576 - viewed 440 times.)
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 01:49:10 am by Ferrari Spider » Logged
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 10:08:31 am »

Rory, when you sya you fell off the airstream, what exactly do you mean??  I take it this is the adrenaline drop you are talking about where you freefall down into the catching net. I did it last year and another of our guys did it this year, fortunately we suffered no similar problems. Did you hit the net then bounce over the side??, or did you fall as you were lowered?? or what happened??
rory
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2004, 11:51:57 am »

commiserations fs.  you don't look like you're having the best time in that photo.  we were prob changing ambulances at about the same time in that medical centre just down from aco clubhouse area.  i was the guy crying for his mummy and swearing at any bastard that came within 1/2 mile of my left arm (except when they came to top up the morphine).

to answer jpc i was on the ride at the bottom of the fare by tertre rouge - a kind of static skydiving ride where there is something like a jet engine on its nose with a very powerful column of air being blasted straight up which you dive into (and are supposed to be supported).  anyway suggest you stay well clear next year.

if only the strippers were still around none of this would have happened.  those days were so much more civilised....
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2004, 12:22:43 pm »

There was one point during an examination i felt a game was being played to see how far Le Roastboeuf could be made to leap in the air off the stretcher when proding the knee.  After about six leaps I asked the medico to please stop as we know where it hurts now.
redstu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Buuuuurp!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2004, 05:50:01 pm »

That ride did look good, but I'm too tight to pay for anything but alcohol so just watched from a distance.

Just for next year where exactly is the hospital.

My mate broke his arm by failing to negotiate a drainage ditcg on Bleu on Saturday night in the dark.

He sportingly waited until he got back to the uk on Monday night before going to hospital so that it didn't spoil sunday!

Another six weeks in a cast apparently.
gibberish
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Old Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2004, 10:52:20 am »

He sportingly waited until he got back to the uk on Monday night before going to hospital so that it didn't spoil sunday!

Top man.  He deserves a medal for that.

Reality is an illusion caused by alchohol deficiency!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: