Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 02:26:57 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Warning!!!  (Read 16615 times)
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2003, 09:09:42 am »

Shocked

Oh dear. And my Se7en only runs at full throttle. Perhaps I should take off a couple of plug leads or one of the 40's.

On the other hand..................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Grin

Does it really only have full throttle
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2003, 09:14:40 am »

do not forget the favourite French trick of " les flics " standing at the toll booths and checking your start and finish times from your toll ticket, working out your average speed and Robert's your mother's brother a hefty Eurofine!

This is a complete myth. It originated from the fact that the gendarmerie are very prone to placing traps close to major toll "stations" - the ones that cover the whole motorway. So there is often a "reception committee" for naughty boys and girls at the toll. I know, I see the traps (various methods - always well hidden, and now they're using lazer equipment linked to binoculars) all the time.
I first heared the "ticket timing" theory in 1974 and have yet to find anyone who has been caught by that method.  They are already there to get you before you produce your ticket.  So stopping for a coffee between tolls will not reduce your chances of a speeding fine>
Have fun.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2003, 09:18:15 am »

KPY - Do you have belts in the back of the Sprint?  If not, what year is it?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2003, 09:20:29 am »

Thanks KPy.

I've modified my posting using your information

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2003, 09:25:54 am »

French speakers amonst you may find this site interesting - NOT guaranteed exhaustive!!

http://205.gti.club.pts.free.fr/radars/radars_fiche_01.htm
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2003, 09:33:44 am »

and for those of us with limited Franglais, use : http://world.altavista.com/ and translate the link!

French speakers amonst you may find this site interesting - NOT guaranteed exhaustive!!

http://205.gti.club.pts.free.fr/radars/radars_fiche_01.htm

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2003, 09:54:11 am »

No rear belts, and it's MOTd every year for the last six years.
First registered in Rome 1983, but is not the late 1983 model - has inboard front brakes and discs all round.
rcutler
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2003, 10:01:50 am »

Last year after a very heavy Sunday Night session I was asking who put the light on. I was told that it was the sun coming up and we are leaving in two hours!!
So OK I am about 10 times over the limit after a bacon sandwich!! but we drive on anyway. Just driving through Rouen and the Van starts to belge out steam from under the bonnet. Oh B****r I have over done the speed up here.  So pull into the roadworks on the bridge over the Seine and send half the crew off for water. Meanwile these two very well dressed motards pull up and immediately ask where we have been, and what we have been doing. Said Le Mans and mentioned nothing about football and managed to get away with it but it was a reather close call. Grin
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2003, 10:20:56 am »

Sounds like a beauty!  A Sud in Sprints clothing  Wink

I wont bother with the rear belts then.  Sounds like it's OK.  I may give the AA a call just in case

No rear belts, and it's MOTd every year for the last six years.
First registered in Rome 1983, but is not the late 1983 model - has inboard front brakes and discs all round.

Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2003, 10:22:38 am »

Personally, I think you have to have the attitude, if you're going to speed, you're breaking the law.  The police are out there to try and prevent you from doing it.  Either drive to the speed limit, watch out for coppers as you would in the UK, or just pay the fine.

The advantage with paying the fine abroad means no declaration to the insurance or points on your licence.

How much does a track day cost and how long do you get on the track?

Liszt

NB Liszt PLC and its subsiduaries does not recommend or condone the breaking of the law.  Stocks can go down as well as up.  Your home may be at risk. Always wear clean underwear and carry a handkerchief.  One in a bush is better than two in your hand.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2003, 10:40:13 am »

You're right Kpy, the myth of the control of toll ticket is a myth, because it would be judged as illegal by any French attorney. Don't ask me why, that the reason why some French people pay for ACO: having a legal assitance to not pay ther fine and lost the least possible points on their driving licence.

For all of you guys, drive safe. A french fine amount represents too many beer and champagne bottles to tkae the risk to be as thirst as your wallet.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2003, 08:16:37 pm »

"Hmmm... One of our party is known as "Guns" - could this be an omen?!"  

Is he coming down with his mate Moses?

Actually, I shouldn't take the mick out of Uncle Albert, the man's a genuine war hero, no kidding! He was a sniper, which is why his hearing's in such a state, all that time on the rifle range damn near blew his eardrums out. He still cycles competitively at weekends, and is occasionally seen in the village on a Penny Farthing just for the crack. His slightly older brother (83) is still barefoot water skiing. Albert tells me he was well hacked off last year when his doctor made him surrender his SCUBA licence...This is straight up, honest!

Sadly, Albert is not coming down to LM with me, he's in the advance party; as mentioned earlier, there would be certain advantages to having a  (ex) professional sniper in the vehicle.  Despite his impressive track record though, I reckon he would still appreciate a hand with the tent..
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2003, 10:39:42 pm »

Bottom line is "the throttle works both ways" Grin

Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2003, 01:26:55 am »

After reading this Bart, looks like I wiil drive UK, side and you take the wrong side of the road stuff.
Will debate later.
Bri.

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Chris (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2003, 10:40:26 am »

Didn't see my name mentioned there so looks like I will be sleeping and geting pissed.

Better bring a better tourch this year so we can see when we help uncle albert put up the tents. Or he could just do what he endedup doing last year break out the beer sleep in our marquee and put them up when its light.

Bring on the low flyers
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: