Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 05:13:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood Revival Mtg  (Read 6808 times)
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2004, 10:45:36 am »

Agreed Brad, great day out.

Highlights,

Blagging our way into the pre 66 car park in a 71 E.type without a ticket or pre 66 car.

Grant williams in the Jag being beaten by a tiny noddy car, after both of them fought there way from the back of the grid.

A great air show, the spits and Mustangs plus the Lancaster wonderful.

An amazing array of sports cars in both the TT and Whisun races.

We also saw one of the Daytona Cobras get barged of the track by the Project Aston, a Stingray spin into the gravel and go up and nearly over as a saloon car did earlier in the day.

A couple of GT40s got a bit dented and willie green ending up being beached.

Best wishes to Chris Smith, owner of Westfield Sports Cars who crashed heavily early in the F1 race, again at madgewick. the car seemed to fold in half around him very nasty and it took over an hour to cut him out, Nasty.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 10:50:29 am by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2004, 07:14:25 pm »

Agree with all of that Nordic, esp best wishes to Chris Smith, although I'm a bit annoyed with him as his accident caused a delay of about an hour, I was on a tight time schedule and had to leave before the GT40's, Lola T70 spiders etc came out to play.

As you say, Grant Williams was spectacular, I'm only surprised they werent picking his teeth out of the steering wheel, he got it sooo sideways at the corner with no name and had a bit of a tank slapper going at about 120 mph. Awsome!

Finally, note to the organisers. On a hot day with the commentators warning people to drink plenty of fluids, it's probably a bad idea to run out of drinking water at every bar/cafe by three pm. Grrr! A £1 can of luke warm vanilla cola does not cut any ice I can tell you.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2004, 07:15:11 pm by A Zarse » Logged

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: