Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:06:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monaco GP Grandstand Ticket  (Read 6496 times)
Sunny Day
« on: May 23, 2003, 06:02:52 pm »

Please use a more suitable site for your auction
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 06:54:53 pm by smokie » Logged
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 06:19:40 pm »

Face value only on here please.

Smokie, get the zapper ready!!

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Dave H
CA Veteran

burrrrrrrrppppp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 06:39:13 pm »

I have approximately 12 Albanian children for sale.  Some are in better condition than others.

Highest offer gets them first - would prefer to sell as a group, but would consider splitting-up if the price is right!
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 06:56:37 pm »

Monaco? aaah, those funny open wheel cars which hardly make it for more than 1.5 hours?

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 07:12:31 pm »

Monaco? aaah, those funny open wheel cars which hardly make it for more than 1.5 hours?

I was there in '71/2/3/4, when  motor racing was dangerous and sex was safe (well only till the wife found out).
 Wink
« Last Edit: May 23, 2003, 07:13:51 pm by Kpy » Logged
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 08:37:08 pm »

Please use a more suitable site for your auction

I'm a little concerned about this. OK, so some dude wants to make a score on a ticket - and (the royal) we do not approve of selling stuff at a profit. I'm not sure who decided Club Arnage was a communist state, but it seems that we are all happy with that situation - and I'm certainly not going to rock the boat over it.
What is a little worrying is when the censor starts taking over.
Firstly, just in case we offend each others delicate sensibilities, we're not aloud to say "f**k" to each other. Fair enough - I don't want to deliberately offend any f**k*r. But this thread has been removed - presumably to prevent CA members seeing - and possibly being influenced by it. Wether I want a ticket to the Monaco GP or not, that seriously pisses me right off.
I'm a grown-up. I don't see why one of my CA compadres (who I've met and who's company I enjoyed, I might add) seems to have assumed the Mary Whitehouse role. I've always enjoyed CA's free and easy, relaxed and enthusiastic banter - I hope it's not turning into some kind of weird, heavily policed institution.  
Or have I missed the point......?

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Jeffa
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama! Im a free man!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 09:37:30 pm »

Dave H
Will you take Paypal?
also how much for delivery to newcastle?
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 10:42:32 pm »

Matt - I didn't get many guidelines at all when I volunteered for the job. However the one guideline I did have spelt out to me very clearly was the one which is resulting in the policy regarding ticket sales.

I don't know all the ins and outs of the history, but I have been told that the ACO themselves have previously taken issue with this site over ticket sales in general, and especially where they have been advertised or sold at over face value.

So, assuming I'm interpreting this guidance correctly, and I think I am, it is ultimately in the best interests of the members of this site. The site really has no choice as to allow it to continue violates the user agreement.

So, sorry if it seems "Mary Whitehouse", I'm sure if I'm doing it wrong then Chris will let me know (he hasn't so far!). Maybe I shouldn't have worried about a non- LM ticket, but I can imagine if I'd left it then people would see that as some kind of bias.

I haven't deleted much else, none of the language censorship is down to me (it's automatic, although taste and decency is also within my remit) and the site is keen to retain the relaxed style which we all know and like.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2003, 08:42:38 am »

Hi smokie,

fully agree with you, please keep the "no profiteering" rule for the sell/swap forum and enforce it strictly. For everyone else there are places like ebay....

Werner

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2003, 11:56:04 am »

I have to agree with Smokie as well. The swearing is done with the forum software so thats not Smokies fault ( for example F u c k spelt like that dosn't get caught). The one and only rule that seems to apply is for profiteering. I for one (of many) agree with that. Everyone who is clever enough to find their way onto this site will be clever enough to find tickets else where.

Stu
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2003, 01:04:06 am »

Forgive me, because I must not have made my point clear.
I have no objection to CA's policy regarding profiteering on race tickets - if that is what the members want, then so be it. My concern was the censorship.
If this fine body of race fans finds a posting objectionable, then I'm sure that it has the means to deter it, without having the opportunity to voice it's opinions arbitrarily removed by censorship.
If we're all against it, we'll let those who try to stripe us know our feelings on the matter.
Smokie, I respect the task you have shouldered, but it's a shame if your remit includes censorship, in my opinion.
I'm quite aware that the software is controlling profanity - I personally think it is unnecessary and I'm sure it could be deactivated if desired.
As a footnote, I find the ACO's displeasure regarding sales of it's tickets above face value to be a bit of a bad joke.
The way they treat the people who pay for this spectacle (you and me) is a disgrace. They seem quite happy to take punters' dosh a year in advance of the race, presumably bank it and earn interest on it and then stonewall on what type of ticket they might be gracious enough to issue until merely days before the event, creating the market for price hiked-tickets in the first place.
Rant over. I'll buy you a beer when I see you Smokie - and it won't be that watered-down shite you were supping at Sebring!
Matt  

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: