Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 03:40:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Beausejour campsite  (Read 6962 times)
Pilgrim
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005, 01:18:25 am »

Just got my invoice from Just Tickets, and will be camping at Beausejour this year instead of my customary abode at houx Annexe.

What can anyone tell me about Beausejour regarding facilities etc?

Are their toilet and shower blocks for instance?
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005, 01:40:13 am »

Maybe the forum should have a special Beausejour FAQ ?

Steve East Anglian cobras

MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2005, 02:57:54 am »

Didn't this site used to have a really detailed guide to each site? Would be nice to see, with photos and stuff...

mdh-photography.co.uk
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2005, 09:42:08 am »

We were there last year and must say the only fault we could give it was/is the bloody long walk to get to anywhere except the Porsche curves  Wink Grin
  The facilities [showers/toilets] were clean and tidy and at no time did they smell, and we were camped 10metres from them.
   This was the second block of facilities in on Beausejour, although on our treks past the first block I don't recall any untoward aromas  Wink  very unlike those at Karting Nord  Tongue Shocked Lips Sealed
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2005, 09:50:05 am »

I did a helicopter trip round the circuit last year and flew over BSJ at about 500 feet. It may be a long way out but from the air it looked pretty good,  a couple of bog and shower blocks and lots of space. I must say the residents looked like a real tidy bunch no rubbish or mess, not like the annexe which always looks like a typhoon has hit a rubbish tip.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Simes
CA Veteran

194.7bhp mmmm..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 05:57:43 pm »

Nice site, good facilities, don't pitch to near the road though or you'll be covered in dust.

Bring bikes!

Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 06:05:26 pm »

I realy dont see why BSJ gets this reputation of being a poor site. I was there last year was a bit worred when I was told but realy did not need to be.

If you are not near the entrance, it's not too dusty. Where we were it was very grassy plus we had pleanty of room. The ground soft enough to put a tent peg in.

Not far from the Porsche Curves, easy drive to Arnarge. OK its a fare walk to the Paddock and Village, but there is a bus service on pratice and race day. A bit hot and sweaty I grant you, and it stops at 1.30am on race night which is a pain.

I agree with Skorpio the showers and loos were very clean - he should know he was almost on top of them, handy beer stop thanks guys!. On Wed & Thur not much of a que, Friday morning was busyer but I have waited longer on other sites.

There was some building work going on on the inside of Porsche, they look like permenat shower and toliet blocks.

I think it all depends who is to left or right of you

Oh and there is a chip van selling over priced chips

chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 06:23:32 pm »

We got shoved out there last year, wasn't too chuffed about it but plenty of beer drank dulls the disappointment Grin

The facilities were good, I agree it was clean, but I had no qualms with the state of HA in '03!!

It's well spread out, the only problem being all the Vikings taking up half a field which meant we camped near the back (despite turning up mid Thursday afternoon) Then they tried to charge us to watch the footy on Sunday Shocked

It was easy to get to the Porsche curves, we don't drive to Arnage but it was near the main road (most of us would rather get started on the beers at 8:30am than drive!!)

I wouldn't want to stay there again, certainly not without a bike!!
The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2005, 02:17:29 pm »

I realy dont see why BSJ gets this reputation of being a poor site.

I think the only problem with BSJ is it isn't Maison Blanche or Karting Nord or wherever people have had a great time before.

Like Bobblehat said, and Keithcuda backs this up, last year was great on BSJ.  That said, Team Crapaud are well chuffed we're back on Maison Blanche this year.

Bottom line - if you get to Le Mans whatever year, you're sure to have a great time.
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2005, 02:44:55 pm »

Agree with that! Even bashing tent pegs into the gravel and the back of Expo! Cheesy

mdh-photography.co.uk
The Planman
CA Veteran

Fresh Orange Juice isn't fresh without Vodka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2005, 02:50:50 pm »

"EXPO"  Man have we memories of that place  Grin  One year we took a cordless power hammer drill to start the holes for the pegs !!!  Best spot we had there was about 100yards away from the bogs on a bit of fenced in soft ground.  Close to the bogs but far enough away, and about 150 yards further up they pitched a beer tent !!  

It was great, but not MB..........
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2005, 07:14:29 pm »

Hehe, last year because we went on a coach we just parked at the side of the campsite. My mate noticed a bit of grass verge, so we went for that... Came back at around 7pm for a drink and stuff, and some very angry french man was running around waving his arms, and swearing in french because we'd nicked his spot. He even got some official who asked me in broken english about my tickets or something, I just pointed at the coach, and he seemed satisfied. The angry french man drove off, never to be seen again Cheesy

Glad it turned out that way, we had four tents there, but my mates weren't there at the time, so I didn't fancy moving all three...

mdh-photography.co.uk
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2005, 09:29:16 pm »

We had a lot of fun at BSJ, but were responsible for that ourselfs.
I suggest you should do the same.  Smiley

It's not that bad, really. Friendly people all over the place, a very mixed crowd. It was my first year at LM, so I didn't know any better.

Bring your bike, and get your tent in the shade!

We're off to Maison Blanche, so we can leave BSJ in peace this year Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005, 01:08:15 pm »

Bobblehat forgot to mention the man selling very old Merguez Sausages at the entrance too.

We have done BSJ and really good except too far to walk for one of our party.
It has been the easiest site to exit in a car.

Take life by the horns and live it.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2005, 01:21:43 am »

We have done BSJ and really good except too far to walk for one of our party.

Then tell Kate to leave her high heels in the tent!!!  Grin Grin Grin Grin
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: