Club Arnage
April 20, 2024, 12:37:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Castle Combe  (Read 8104 times)
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2005, 01:26:44 pm »

Just read this on the Planet LeMans forum and thought it was worth posting here. Can't believe that people complain about the noise, did they not look into this before buying a place there Angry

Castle combe circuit has been served with a NUISANCE NOISE ORDER.

This is mostly aimed at the british GT and F3 as some of the locals have complined about the level of noise that came from these champoinships last year,2005 meeting is to go ahead with slightly reduced noise limits!

2006 is another matter this order if its brought in will stop the running of this meeting in 2006.

Letters of support would be greatly appreciated by the circuit.

more information is on the website www.castlecombecircuit.co.uk click on news section,or contact the circuit direct on 01249782417

hopefully with enough support the order can be removed for good

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 01:53:26 pm »

this has been around for a while now, and I was chatting to some chaps there on my last visit.  Have leant my full support to the campaign.

Aparently, most of the people who are kicking up a fuss have lived near CC after the track was opened.  Idiots.  They obviously knew there was a race track, so why move there. Duh.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 02:15:48 pm »

Bloody killjoys!!

As DR says this issue has been around for some time now and as usual it's the vocal few busybodies who stir all this up. Combe is a great circuit and holds relatively few events per year I believe as it recognises it's responsibility on the noise front.

I cannot believe that the GT's are any noisier now than they were in years gone by, and F3 is considerably quieter nowadays, probably to comply with stricter noise regulation at most circuits.

The objectors should pack up and move somewhere else, after all the circuit has only been going since 1950...........

Letter of support on it's way!!

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 02:21:06 pm »

its nothing new we've lived with it for years at Oulton Park

We have to stop all noise by 6.30 pm on race day, no noise before 12.00 pm on a sunday, we've even had a break in the middle of a meeting so that the church bells can sound for some one getting married.

Yet, the circuit was there many years before many of the residents, who stand there with watches checking that we've abided by the curfew

Many events get shortened races to fit them in

Angry

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Fax
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2005, 05:45:49 pm »

Over here there seems to be a very different attitude torward living near a circut, mostly along the lines of "You knew it was here when you bought the place, now just deal with it!"  The Indianapolis Motor Speedway is smack in the middle of a giant residential area, the locals have learned to live with the sound of Indy cars hammering around there for the entire month of May, from nine in the morning till six in the evening.  There have been a few problems with noise levels on city street circuts (thats what got the Washington DC ALMS race canned) but when it comes to permanent facilites it rarely comes up.  Several of the NASCAR tracks are in or near residential communities as well and forty-two of those suckers punding around is nothing short of deafening.
Fax
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2005, 09:16:42 pm »

its nothing new we've lived with it for years at Oulton Park

We have to stop all noise by 6.30 pm on race day, no noise before 12.00 pm on a sunday, we've even had a break in the middle of a meeting so that the church bells can sound for some one getting married.

Yet, the circuit was there many years before many of the residents, who stand there with watches checking that we've abided by the curfew

Many events get shortened races to fit them in

Angry

Sounds like Thruxton , where there is the Sunday Morning church break.

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2005, 10:42:28 pm »

This is not quite the same ..... but Donald Trump (Big Money ) Bought a mansion on the ocean in the Palm Beaches. A year or so later he sued Palm Beach county to shut down the Palm Beach International Airport because the property he bought was under the takeoff flight path.
That takes a lot of those round things that hang between a guys legs.  The planes still go over his house

* To_Donald.jpg (23.16 KB, 550x340 - viewed 199 times.)
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2005, 10:49:55 pm »

I hope that was a VERY fast shutter speed or that ass-ist from the bombardier just crashed the kite.

Bill

Smiley

great photo

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2005, 02:58:36 pm »

Sounds similar to Goodwood. Some people living in the nearby houses, which were built in 1970's. Complained about anything noisy, even the sound of a Spitfire going over Shocked
Turned out there were more people on the Goodwood supporters club from there than were in the protest group.
There was also a good letter written after the revival from someone complaining the sound of lawnmowers had spoilt his enjoyment of the racing.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mr Toad
CA Veteran

Carrefour will provide!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2005, 06:30:39 pm »

I have a friend who lives in Castle Coombe - they all get free season tickets as well - ideal if you are a petrol head!

www.beermountain.com - Home of the LM Camping Survival Guide!
Simon (WRC GT4)
CA Veteran

the waiting's killing me!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2005, 08:29:51 pm »

Not goon news for me, it's my local curcuit and and noise restriction with be a shame  Angry
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2005, 01:27:49 pm »

Its same around Silverstone too. If the wind is in the right direction you can hear F1 testing. Its usualy only a Jordan, so it does not last too long!

The two best complaints I have heard

A) Poped into the local off-licenes, as the the Rally UK was coming throgh town (when it was proper rally not just in wales!) There is a steepish hill out of town, wich takes you to the back of Silverstone. One person grumbeld to me that there was a lot of cars in town. A said its the Rally GP, he said why are they driving past his house - on the steepish hill (poping banging and the like) I said on there way to Silverstone. He replied "Well know one asked ME!" then I saw him later on the side of the road shaking his fist & shouting..........

B) After REM had played the MK Bowl, a local to the Bowl complaind in letter saying that the noise and the traffic was unbearable. But the worst was to come all the helicopters flying over his house to the GP.

The guy lives 12/15 miles away. I live 5 miles from Silverstone.

But I have to say that most people round hear only grumble a bit but most know that if it closed a lot of work wil go.

tink
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2005, 05:44:27 pm »

as a law student i could safely say that the circuit owners would only be responsible for the tort of nuisance if they built the circuit after the people had lived there previously. if the people moved in when the circuit was already in use they're argument would not stand up in court. i hope the judge laughs at them.
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2005, 06:36:07 pm »

it is more related to planning permission and issues related to it from the LPA.

The wondeful system we have is that officers make recs to hobby politicians on the planning committee
hobby politicians always have one eye on re-election which is why we often get the most ludicrous decisions, with no justification.

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2005, 06:02:22 pm »

B) After REM had played the MK Bowl, a local to the Bowl complaind in letter saying that the noise and the traffic was unbearable. But the worst was to come all the helicopters flying over his house to the GP.

The guy lives 12/15 miles away. I live 5 miles from Silverstone.

I live 10 minutes walk from MK Bowl. Some times when there's a gig on, if the wind is in the right direction, you can hear the music. If I don't like the music, I shut the window. If I'm in the garden, I pour me a cold beer and live with it. My best option of course is actually making the most of the fact that I live a stones throw from a national venue and get me and some mates some tickets, wonder down via the pub and then enjoy the music first hand.

Coming back to motor racing, these people who have relocated themselves close to a track would probably be improving their health by actually making the effort to enjoy the racing, getting closer to the noise and spending the time with a smile on their faces rather than the increased blood pressure issues surrounding stress and anxiety of discontentment.

Here endeth the lesson.  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 06:03:33 pm by Russ » Logged

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: