Club Arnage
April 30, 2024, 11:18:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Speed Tribe  (Read 2902 times)
RobP
CA Veteran

View Profile
« on: March 05, 2005, 09:16:52 am »

Just got hold of an excellent LM DVD called Speed Tribe. Its been out for a while (first issued in 2002), but I can't see any reference to it on the forum - maybe it was chatted about on the old forum. Whatever. I think it is worth mentioning - My first impression was bl@@dy h€ll this is amazing!

Taking TV footage of the 2001 race, the makers have compilied  a 25 minute DVD movie accompanied by ambient/psychedelic electronic music. The DVD sums up the highs, the lows, the experience of LM - even if it did bucket down that year! The sound (in 5.1 surround if you have it) is incredible. Accompanying extras include several interviews (sound only), including one with Martin Brundle (this one being hidden as an easter egg). Also included in the foldout case is a CD with an extended variation of the DVD sound track, and a password to get into the members section of the website. This has more tracks & movies etc.

From their website (www.dance.com/speedtribe)...Killer surround sound electronica on DVD+CD
SPEED TRIBE is an award-winning 2-disc DVD+CD from Dance.com, combining a sonic barrage of surround sound electronic beats with MTV-style films of the fast street and racing cars of Le Mans.

This review sums it up rather more eloquently than the above... http://www.digitallyobsessed.com/showreview.php3?ID=4062

I ordered it direct from dance.com. It came from Canada in a couple of days no problem and straight through the post office customs thing without charge. £13. Bargain.

The perfect present for a LMer, or something to watch with the lads in a pre-LM drinking /planning session!
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 11:18:30 am »

Can confirm it is deffo worth the pennies. I'm not into that sort of sound but it really works here. The atmos that year is even better thanks to the dreadful weather we experienced in 2001. All credit to Rod Chong for braving the conditions!!

Grin
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 03:26:06 pm »

I agree this is the best DVD of Le Mans on the market. It shows the race from a Spectators eye but with a real attention for the atmosphere!!

FatLad can I have mine Back!!!! Grin Grin Grin
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 08:00:15 pm »

Isn't that an awesome dvd.That dvd is what has helped
fuel my desire to go to Lemans.I am sure that  one of the
involved in making it will be at Sebring.He is a member on
several forums uses the name Guidothe Penguin.

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: