Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:53:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carrefour is Shut 9th June  (Read 4940 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2003, 07:01:51 pm »

According to an email I have received from their information site, its shut on the bank holiday.

The Marche Plus on 240 rue de Laigne
is open Sundays and Bank Holidays according to Gilles.
(9am to 1pm only thoough)

Stu
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 09:46:30 pm by Stu » Logged
IanB
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 08:10:42 pm »

Thanks Stu...... we now know we have to re-infect France with BSE
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 08:26:51 pm »

What about the large Auchan on the way into Le Mans?? Anyone know if that's open on the 9th??
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 08:45:44 pm »

I've emailed them as well now. I will post reply when they mail back. I take it its the one North of Le mans.

Stu
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 09:25:29 pm »

What about the large Auchan on the way into Le Mans?? Anyone know if that's open on the 9th??

I rang them. They will be closed.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 09:48:52 pm »

Thats that then. Will have to pick up Monday nights supplies en-route.
Unbelievable, probably the biggest week of the year for them as well.

Stu
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 01:02:33 am »

One part of me finds this really strange. As has been said, this is probably the busiest week of the year for the local community.

However, I also know about, and applaud, the rules protecting the workers in France (a couple of my colleagues have been "saved" from rash decisions by our American parent company due to these that have otherwise proved correct)

As an idea to everyone anyway, we always take some frozen bacon and frozen UK sausages with us anyway (along with Heinz Beans and PG Tips) to slowly defrost over the week. Much as we like the French sausages as a meal in the evenings, they're not quite right for a fry up for breakfast!!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 07:29:32 am »

Thats that then. Will have to pick up Monday nights supplies en-route.
Unbelievable, probably the biggest week of the year for them as well.

Stu

Hardly, Stu. The following weekend is much bigger. Then there's Christmas, Easter (fantastic business weekend in France) - and so on. But all the big stores are closed on 9th June.
Le Mans has a population of about 189,000. How many Brits will there be looking to shop that Monday ??
Actually French supermarkets have an odd attitude to opening on holidays. Auchan and Carrefour will be open  tomorrow, Thursday (a holiday), for instance. I suspect that this may have something to do with the Sunday trading laws which prohibit stores over a certain surface area opening on Sundays. I think certain holidays are included in this, but I'm not sure.
In the meantime Gilles has pointed out some smaller places which will be open on 9th June.
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 08:45:12 am »

As an idea to everyone anyway, we always take some frozen bacon and frozen UK sausages with us anyway (along with Heinz Beans and PG Tips) to slowly defrost over the week. Much as we like the French sausages as a meal in the evenings, they're not quite right for a fry up for breakfast!!

That's why I'm French and your're British  Tongue

As far I  Cheesy baked beans, I won't accept to ingerate frozen sausages. There's too many butcheries which will be open to buy some good and FRESH food.

You probably use to go to supermarket in Uk to buy your food but here we mostly use to shop at the corner in our bakery, butchery, cakery, fruit & vegetable seller,...

... so if you still interest in giving your money to local people these guys worth better than big stores.

And you're dependant to pushing your caddy in supermarkets, they're still middle stores such as Marche Plus Rue de Laigné , which would be open !

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: