Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 10:37:16 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exotic Rides Wanted  (Read 13320 times)
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: May 27, 2003, 10:48:18 pm »

Right,
As I spend most of my time driving around in my tatty Citroen ZX Turbo Diesel, I thought the time has come for me to try and scrounge a few rides in some exotic machinry whilst I am at Le Mans. You know the sort, Ferrari's, Lamborghini's, TVR's, Mitsubishi Evo's, Lancia Delta Evo's etc etc. This is purely so that when we are drooling over the Auto Trader/ Classic Marquees during tea break at work, I can say (OK then brag), "I've been in one of those, fantastic etc etc". So if any kind person would like to have my rotund body squeezed into their passenger seat for 5 mins or so, please leave details below.

All offers considered.

Stu
« Last Edit: May 27, 2003, 10:48:42 pm by Stu » Logged
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 11:01:26 pm »

i camped at the pub garden near the musee1994, a guy gave me a ride to arnage for qual in a jag 150 pre LM race car of 1953/5 i remember and what a buzz. still in orig spec. just a one off for life maybe.
todays cars are like crouch rockets!
good luck go for it.   whoooosh!
cant beat a bike !!

Andy
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 12:54:04 am »

Well Stu.......

If the showers on Houx Annexe aren't to your liking we'll probably take the Fiat Uglicar off to the Carrefour every day for fresh supplies if you fancy a spin   Grin

Or I might take the Mogan Plus 8 out one day if you fancy it  Wink Not a lot of room for food and booze though!!  Sad
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 12:56:33 am »

I've been offered a ride in a Porsche 917K next time I'm in Florida!! Gloat, gloat!

But all I can offer you in June Stu is a sedate trundle in a Peugeot 806 .. float your boat at all?
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 12:57:54 am »

Just don't ask me to check if your beer is off!!  Wink  Lips Sealed  Grin
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 08:48:08 am »

Well Stu.......

If the showers on Houx Annexe aren't to your liking we'll probably take the Fiat Uglicar off to the Carrefour every day for fresh supplies if you fancy a spin   Grin

Or I might take the Mogan Plus 8 out one day if you fancy it  Wink Not a lot of room for food and booze though!!  Sad
Will take you up on the Morgan. I will also have to try a spot of winetasting with you that week Mark.

Stu
Dan
CA Veteran

Don P

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 12:59:32 pm »

Stu,

Your more than welcome to get on the back of my R1, we hit 155 down to Arnage last year on the Friday....... Smiley
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 01:57:18 am »

You could be talking the talk. Years since i been on a bike.

stu
SIMONR
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2003, 09:12:47 am »

How about a bike with four wheels (and two engines)... I'm coming down in this again this year http://www.zcars.org.uk/z100.htm along with about 8 other bike-engined-cars. If you see (or hear me) you 'll have to shout as I'll be a bit deaf after driving all the way down there  Grin

Simon
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2003, 09:53:49 am »

Good luck with the rides, matie. Once had a blast down Arnarge in a 70s 'vett, burtn my leg on the side exhust getting out! Plus, now to realy show-off took a Sunbeam Tiger MK2 all the way there and back, narking of a lot of fake snakes in the process, it seriously fast!!! This year its only a loony scooby fast but not half as much fun as a classic. Next year maybe somthing exotic and Italian..... Wink

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2003, 10:47:18 am »

Is anyone taking a lovely wife or girlfriend and wouldn't mind me ...
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
MrRS2babe
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2003, 02:32:56 pm »

Tongue
Mrs RS2 babe and I blagged a good go in an F40 in Geneva in the summer. My go lasted about 15 mins but she was gone an hour and came back with her hair a mess and her skirt on inside out - that must have been a hell of a journey - perhaps they got lost?Huh I'm sure that the playboy good looking, expensively smelling (apparently) owner of 10 other Ferrari's including the first Enzo just took a wrong turn!?!?!?
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2003, 02:52:29 pm »

Will take you up on the Morgan. I will also have to try a spot of winetasting with you that week Mark.

Stu

If you look for wine tasting, some CA members meet friday morning at 10 am at the church square of Le Grand Lucé to a visit of 1 or 2 local wine producers.

Sure that  would change of beer mountains!  Grin

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2003, 09:37:47 pm »

How about a bike with four wheels (and two engines)... I'm coming down in this again this year http://www.zcars.org.uk/z100.htm along with about 8 other bike-engined-cars. If you see (or hear me) you 'll have to shout as I'll be a bit deaf after driving all the way down there  Grin

Simon

Definetely up for a ride in one of those. 3.11 seconds, awesome.

Stu
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2003, 01:11:58 am »

We'll have a Diablo and an Anniversaty Countach and if tight arse Chris feels like it, a Zonda arriving on friday ( he normally comes down in a crap volvo, although he did bring his 355 cos he had a new bird with him last year) plus a whole bunch of other german nonsense.
Simon is always up for scaring the f**k*ng crap out of anyone in his SV so you may get lucky, but bring fresh underware as he drives like a complete c**t. He arrives on KN on friday.
He hit 320kmh last year on the 138 so be warned.
Rusty
« Last Edit: May 30, 2003, 01:15:46 am by The Brethren » Logged

The Brethren Rock
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: