Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 07:17:41 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Seatbelt laws - REAR SEATS!  (Read 4882 times)
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« on: April 21, 2003, 05:17:46 pm »

My pocket rocket 1.3Ti Sud (series 3), complete with the odd brown patch (here and there) will be making the trip this year. I decided that I should take her as I havent in recent years seen another Sud there...?

Important question;

SEATBELTS - The Sud (regd in 1983) doesnt have rear belts. Where do I stand with the Gendarme (sp.) and their enthusiasm for on the spot 'pocket money', I mean on the spot fines... ?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 10:48:29 am »

Keeping your pocket rocket under control is vital. As the journey wears on though, it gets harder and harder. Cranking one out on the Peage could be a bit tricky, but might do the trick.
Now, as for seatbelts, personally I've never had a problem. Although I've got them fitted now, for many years I didn't, and on the odd time I was stopped nothing was mentioned. There's a lot of old cars going down without belts, I can't see them stopping a 1930's Bentley or Aston and asking for a sub. The law in the UK says that if they weren't fitted originally, then you can get away with it. Maybe Gilles can shed a bit of light on the French law.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 04:55:25 pm »

Mark

I asked a similar question last year, answered by Gilles.

In Gilles absence, I have been back into the old site and pasted the reply below, hope this helps.

Some of the follow up was quite good, it wassuggested to get the boys to wear a white tee shirt and paint a black line across the chest, or two black lines for the full harness effect.

Andy Z

PS I think I've got SARS, or at least some other horrible flu bug. My chest's that bad, I'm having difficulty smoking.

FROM Gilles 2002: "Someone asks my science ??

You can't have someone (one or two or more) in the back of your van.

It's one guy per seat as mentioned on your vehicle card, specifications book,...

If you want to transform your van to a bus, I hope you can ad optional seats. Most of vans have fixations to do it.

Concerning seatbelts, you have to lock it if you've got one. The obligation in France starts in 73 or 71 and isn't retroactive. So if you've just 2 seatbelts for 3 seats just lock the twice.

What's the risk if the gendarmes catch you? Probably just a fine (don't ask me for the amount).

So you've three solutions:

First, buy and fix optional seats if your van is able.

Second, give blankets and pillows to the backside guys to hide them when you see law enforcement authorities.

Third, add a horse trailer to host them. They will sleep well on the straw, (ok it's dangerous for cooking breakfast, but I prefer Hot Rosbeef !!!!!) and straw will make a perfect chill conservator for beers, not included the huge volume of beers and stuffs you can bring with you. You can bring your pony with you. It'll always better than a simple bike to make trips around the circuit.

Gilles

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2003, 06:50:29 pm »

My rocket roller-skate is always under control...!  Shocked Wink

Thanks for the replies folks!  I think I may have found a way round it as I have heard that the belts from a late Sprint will fit a late Sud as the mounts are there, just no belts!  So I will try to hunt some down.  Failing that I may try some from the wifes 33 that is about to meet its maker.

If not, then, I will risk it for a biscuit.

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: