Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:44:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Got the Bar, got the Car, but forgot the MB ticket  (Read 13734 times)
garystout
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2005, 11:32:48 pm »

On this site?HuhHuhHuh??

Le Mans is for life, not just for Christmas
Arnie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2005, 07:43:29 pm »

Thanks Gary, I really appreciate someone out there being supportive.  

Ultimately, and to all other readers of this and other threads, as a newbie to this site who has both asked for help and offered it on other threads, both aspects so far seem to have fallen on stony ground.  That's somehwat disappointing as I thought this forum was intended for people to help each other out?

Perhaps the purpose of this forum is being missed somewhere?  Constructive responses to my requests and offers would be most welcome, thank you!
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2005, 11:05:06 pm »

Arnie - I'm sure there is no malice intended any of the above responses. Maybe some humour missed the mark here, but what seems funny as it's being written doesn't always seem as funny to the reader...

There are loads of threads like yours which have reached a satisfactory conclusion, however I guess that this late in the day most people have already disposed of any unwanted tickets.

However, plans change unexpectedly, so keep checking back and maybe your luck will be in...

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2005, 11:09:46 pm »

...and as if by magic - further down the threads is this one, http://tinyurl.com/aqykn, on which mbman is offering a MB ticket!  Smiley
Arnie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2005, 11:40:01 pm »

Many thanks Smokie, and for your notification.  I will pursue it, although I may already be a bit late for this one!

Best wishes.
Arnie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2005, 07:48:12 pm »

...Still seeking the kind soul who can can sort me out with a Maison Blanche.  Will shortly resort to e-mailing the new Pontiff asking him to pray for his humble servant in this time of need...
chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2005, 12:38:04 am »

Sadly I've got no spare tickets Arnie but I can offer some advice, just turn up you'll get into a campsite anyhow & you may evn be able to pick up an MB pass from the ACO once there.

Sorry you took some of the humour to heart, I dunno if you've been reading the forums for long but it took me quite a while just reading before I felt up to posting as well (the number of members in comparison to semi-regular posters seems to back me up on this!!) Stick with it & you'llsoon be as mad as the est of us.

I look forward to seeing you at the 'poo bar on Saturday, have a few bevys!! Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2005, 12:16:41 pm »

Arnie, this is a sell or swap forum, not a magicians corner! I find people here really do try to help if they possibly can, but no one is offering the impossible. There are Beausejour tickets available from the ACO. BSJ is a much maligned camp site, but it's a lot better than some folk give it credit for. If all else fails, I would go there.

Other than that, all I can recommend is that you should consider getting organised a bit earlier next year.  Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Cedarman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2005, 02:22:21 pm »

Arnie, what an interesting thread you started!!  We were a party of nine travelling in 3 vehicles, including a Transit to carry all the kit.  Starting South London/Surrey to Portsmouth-Le Harve Weds 15th June 8.30am.  Staying in MB.  We take a fridge/freezer generator etc. etc.  Sadly 3 of the guys now look like they can't make it so I have 3 spaces.  We have a great time but are not real petrol heads.  I was in hospital when I would normally have started organising this so I am one of the idiots who paid OTT on EBugger to be safe.  However when spread over a crowd it it not too criminal.  If you (or anyone else) are interested in joining up let me know - We split all costs between us.  If not good luck getting your ticket
07710 762118 (Barry)
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 10, 2005, 03:07:49 pm »

Other than that, all I can recommend is that you should consider getting organised a bit earlier next year.  Wink

Please Mr. Zarse talk about setting someone up for failure, better to get organised this year ready for next year  Wink

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Arnie
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2005, 10:51:55 pm »

Thanks for all your advice gentlemen.  Cedarman, as far as I understand it, you originally were going down in convoy but even though three people have dropped out, you still need all your MB passes?
Cedarman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2005, 11:12:13 pm »

Arnie, as it stands we now have 7 (originally planned for 9) so we currently need all 3 passes.  I follow your drift and if this changes I will let you and others know.  By the way we always have a large area roped off by someone who arrives early on so there is room for gazebos, music etc.
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2005, 12:17:33 am »

How much room does music take?Huh

Oh, a Music Room, how posh... :-)
Cedarman
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2005, 10:44:49 am »