Club Arnage
April 26, 2024, 03:29:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: another fledgling  (Read 10194 times)
Haggispeed
CA Veteran

keep it on the black stuff !!!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 02, 2005, 12:16:32 pm »

well thought I'd better just pop in to say hi  Cheesy
so first trip ever to LM this year, original idea was hols in the camper van in Loire valley, decide the date... oh look what's on that weekend, and it's on the way, honest  Grin
so now we're ending up doing 4 days at LM and 4 days recovering bit further south, no idea where yet, I hear it's easy to get sites in France.
Be a bit different from what I'm used to as I normally race a Classic Clubmans car which is also a Sports Racing car, slightly less power than these though....
So have had a great laugh and learnt a lot here and on other sites about life at LM, really looking forward to it and meeting up with a few of the crazy people on here
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 12:30:04 pm »

Welcome Haggis, when do you depart, and which campsite are staying onduring the race?
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 01:07:43 pm »

Welcome Haggis,

A stab in the dark, but is your clubmans car a Haggispeed by chance.

You should be warned that Le mans can be additive. have a good time.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Haggispeed
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2005, 01:50:41 pm »

Hiya. Leaving Thurs 16th, Dover > Calais, 11 ish ferry I think so expect to arrive late afternoon maybe. Hope to be staying on BSJ, am taking up offer of ticket through this site, helps someone out at not getting lumbered with extra tickets, will probably get entry tickets on arrival.
As for stabs in the dark - you ought to be more careful Nordic - you could have someone's eye out with an aim like that  Shocked - yep do own and run a Haggispeed, (and Haggispeed Racing for posterity) in fact two Haggi' - well one and a half, will be two when I rebuild it  Wink
Yep very much looking forward to it, be good to see what some of the earlier Clubmans racers have aspired to  Cool
Neal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2005, 02:30:28 pm »

Haggis

We are on BSJ as well just look for 6 blokes and three tents Wink We arrive wed afternoon, will be flying a Bentley flag cars Z3 toyota Land cruiser and a peugot thingy, if you spot us give us a shout Cool
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2005, 02:37:21 pm »

........recovering bit further south, no idea where yet, I hear it's easy to get sites in France......

Yes, it is easy to get a good (and cheap) site in France.  I can recommend a fabulous site at Varennes-Sur-Loire, just outside Saumur halfway between Angers and Tours - called L'Etang de la Breche.  Can supply you with contact details if you want, or would suggest you get the Michelin Camping Guide - thousands of sites listed and a special section/map for motorhomes.

Welcome to the CA madhouse

Del

Team Delboy Racing
Haggispeed
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2005, 03:01:24 pm »

Haggis

We are on BSJ as well just look for 6 blokes and three tents Wink We arrive wed afternoon, will be flying a Bentley flag cars Z3 toyota Land cruiser and a peugot thingy, if you spot us give us a shout Cool
3 tents and 6 blokes, well that should stand out easily then .....  Wink Bentley flag may be a bit tricky to spot though  Roll Eyes
Must admit to feeling a bit "naked" got no flags etc, but then we have got the Monkey Bike complete with Blue LED's  Cool
Seriously will try to drop by to say hello

Del - thx for tip on the site, would be interested in details if you recommend it (is that wise I wonder ...)
problem is there are so many sites I don't wnat to spend too much of our time deciding where to go.
Neal
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2005, 03:45:38 pm »

Haggis

We were in the same position in 1996, ie with extra time on our hands. We stayed at Hornfleur on the coast, the campsite was more or less on the beach, it was ok as a campsite, but what a fantastic place Hornfleur is. There is plenty of scope to wander up and down the coast. going south to visit the Normandy landing beaches etc
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2005, 12:12:07 pm »

Well it looked like you'd had a good time when you popped over on Sunday night.  I guess plans for next year are already being hatched.  Thanks for the vodka.  It is currently cooling in the freezer although I'm sure not for long.   Smiley

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Brian(Liverpool boys)
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2005, 12:22:16 am »

Congrats on losing your virginity Grin

To make your dreams come true, you have to stay awake.
More Low Flyer's anyone.
Haggispeed
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2005, 10:09:03 am »

Cheers all, had a fantastic time, didn't manage to see and do everything but did get to watch some racing from all parts of the track at some point over the weeekend. Met soe great people and look forward to seeing you again next year, didn't manage to meet everyone who posted here so apologies for that, again maybe next year  Smiley
We already look like having a group next year - so far up to eight but could get bigger  Grin
Of course it all depends on racing dates here in the UK so we'll see, fingers crossed.
Hope the Vodka goes down smoothly Doris  Grin Grin Grin
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2005, 11:45:48 am »

Hi Haggis, great to meet you. Still can not get my head round the fact the you got your tickets from the Lawnmower Man and race against our Tom's step dad (BTW Tom and Micheal are racing this weekend at Red Lodge). It still hurts my head now

Haggispeed
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2005, 04:26:28 pm »

Hi Bobblehat - are you sure that's what's making your head hurt.... not the combination of beer and French sun Smiley.....
Good to meet you all too - was a bit spooky how when we bumped into Tom we then found out he was camping with TDG and "THE" bitch  Cool
So what / where is Red Lodge ? - karting track ?
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2005, 04:48:10 pm »

Red Lodge is a karting track on the Cams/Suffolk boarder. Both Tom a Micheal are in the champoinship there. Unfortunatly this weekend was a disaster, mechanical problems all day, for both of them.

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2005, 04:58:46 pm »

"THE" bitch  

I think you'll find that's 'Miss Bitch' to you Haggis.   Smiley

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: