Club Arnage
April 19, 2024, 02:06:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help wanted for Very Nervous Flyer  (Read 8476 times)
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2005, 02:36:45 pm »

I'm off to LM on Saturday morning, however other half is flying out from Stanstead to Tours on the 16th on Ryanair.

Problem is she is very nervous in and around airports/planes. If anyone is on this flight would it be possible to look after her/aid getting her onto the flight?

Please PM me if you can help.

Thanks,

Wooosh!!!!
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 02:40:01 pm »

Blimey Jason, very brave asking somebody on this forum to 'see to your other half'...  Shocked

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Jason
CA Veteran

Has anyone booked my hospital room?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 02:43:05 pm »

I know - but needs must etc!!!

Wooosh!!!!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 09:32:32 am »

Couldn't someone squeeze her into a car of somesort for the trip down?  Or is she a nervous passenger too Grin

We're travelling down from Oxford for the 07:00 Eurotunnel on the 16th, and if she's not tooooo tall we could squeeze her into the back of the Aston, if you are based somewhere near our route, of coourse. Tongue

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Ballast
CA Veteran

DON'T PANIC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:40:17 am »

Hi Jason,

If you ring the airline and let them know that she is very nervous they will make an extra effort to look after her. The airlines are very ggod at this.

They have been known to take them up to the cockpit etc to show them how things work etc.

Give them a ring, I'm sure they'll be happy to help.

Gazza

There is an art, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss!
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 05:33:42 pm »

Just spotted this on another forum I belong to, you might not want to show it to your other half.....

RULES of the AIR:
1. Every take-off is option. Every landing is mandatory;
2. If you push the stick forward the houses get bigger, if you pull the stick back they get smaller, if you keep pulling it back they get bigger again;
3. Flying isn't dangerous - crashing is dangerous;
4. It's always better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here;
5. The ONLY time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire;
6. The propellor is just a big fan at the front of the plane to keep the pilot cool, when it stops you can actually see the pilot begin to sweat;
7. When in doubt, on onto your altitude, no one ever colided with the sky;
8. A good landing is when you can walk away, a great one is when you can use the plane again;
9. Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make them all yourself;
10. You know if you've forgotten to lower the undercart for landing if it takes full power to taxi to the apron;
11. The probability of survival is inversely proportional to the angle of arrival:
12. Never let the plane take you to where your brain didn't get to five minutes earlier;
13. Stay out of clouds, the silver lining might be another aeroplane coming the other way. Also mountains have been known to hide in clouds;
14. Try to keep the number of landings you've made equal to the number of take-offs you've made;
15. There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing - unfortunately no-one knows what they are;
16. You start with a full tank of luck and an empty tank of experience - the trick is to fill the later before the former runs dry;
17. Helicopters can't fly, they're just so ugly the earth repels them;
18. If all you can see is the earth going round and round, and all you can hear is commotion from the passengers, things are not going as well as they should be;
19. In the on-going battle between hurtling pieces of aluminium and static ground, the ground has yet to lose;
20. Good judgement comes from experience. Unfortunately the experience usually comes from bad judgement;
21. it's always a good idea to keep the pointy bit going forward as much as possible;
22. Keep looking around, there's always something you've missed;
23. Remember, gravity is not just a good idea, it's the law, and it's not subject to repeal;
24. The three most useless things to a pilot are the altitude above you, the runway behind you and a tenth of a second ago.

Finally, I'd like to die in my sleep like my father, not screaming in terror like his passengers...

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 05:37:01 pm »

Errr, Fat Lad. This is Ryanair of which they speak. Sad

Ryanair could not give a flying feck about their customers or their wellbeing. Really, it is just of no importance to them whatsoever. Not interested. Tough. Ideally they would like to kick her off, keep her money and sell her ticket on to someone else. Mercenary they are. Mercenary but cheap.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 05:44:44 pm »

Andy, thats rubbish. Ryanair flew my missus to Ooompa Band Land last weekend, and they treated her nothing but nice, especially on the way back.

Some buffoon had dropped her on her head in a mysterious drinking accident and she had passed out. The next day sat at the airport with a lump on her head the size of a melon and severe concussion, and being faced with a five hour wait before check in due to circumstances beyond her control having to be at the airport early, the Ryanair ladies checked her through and allowed her to sleep in a sick bay till the flight was ready to leave. They even offered to get a doctor out to check her over.

Now I'm sure for every good experience on an airline, someone can equally recall an absolute shocker. However on this occasion i shall stick up for the small airline, cause i can't afford BA.

Here endeth the rant
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 05:56:04 pm »

I can believe it J, but it's just normal human beings offering sympathy to each other. I reckon if that Tony O'Leary (the MD) heard about this he would send your missus the bill. They even wanted to charge disabled people £16 for being pushed to the gate in a wheelchair.

Have you ever tried complaining to them about anything? They lost my luggage coming back from Dublin last year.  They quite literally laugh and tell you to eff off and not waste their time. But as you say, they are cheap.

Anyway, hope the missus is ok, sounds like she had a wild time.

Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 06:00:09 pm »

Off work with whiplash and is feeling very sheepish. She is making the trip with me this year, and she will be at the poo bar causing mayhem no doubt.

Allthough last time i heard Cpt Chaos, another ember of our motley crew was planning to make him self an outfit of some kind for the Saturday. I really hope for all our sakes he can't be arsed or fails miserably. If he gets a proper chaos outfit you will know us by the trail of mayhem and dead.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 06:05:28 pm »

God help us normal folk. One of our mob is plotting something similar for saturday night. He's not giving too much away so far, but from what I can gather, I think it involves an bucket of custard, a fire extinguisher and a corpse dressed up as the Queen.

chrisbeatty
CA Veteran

Note to self, think of something witty.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 06:44:43 pm »

Sounds like the poo bar is gonna get very interesting this year.... Shocked
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 10:47:09 pm »

Hmm ,what else is on the Saturday this year? must be an alternative that doesnt involve custard driven Chaos....

Oh sod it lets go and find out Grin Grin Grin

b

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2005, 12:51:46 am »

God help us normal folk. One of our mob is plotting something similar for saturday night. He's not giving too much away so far, but from what I can gather, I think it involves an bucket of custard, a fire extinguisher and a corpse dressed up as the Queen.

That would be Chris then?Huh  Grin
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2005, 11:47:04 am »

Yes JP, how did you guess? He said he'd come round tonight to help start packing the gear up, provided he's managed to wash the blood out of his clown suit.  Lips Sealed

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: