Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 10:39:06 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Following The Pace Car Around LeMans Post Qual  (Read 4483 times)
chrisdhall
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2005, 03:18:30 pm »

i there peeps Smiley
Was my first visit to le mans this year and was totally reliant on satnav to get there.. As a result I had the experience of a lifetime which just added to an absolutley brilliant weeked.
Big thanks to the Drinking for Holland guys, you guys know how to party Wink Smiley

If you taped qualy, have a look at it, when they show the standings at end, see if you can see a blue zara picasso following the pace car around! We arrivered at Le Mans at 12:05AM, our sat nav was directing us to porsche curves campsite, I take a right, and we join the track at Tetre Rouge, ahead of us flashing yellows, behind us flashing bluse.. Then the pace car comes around and picks us up, as we pass the wreck of a GT car being collected by marshalls after Arnage. We sail thru indianapolis, collecting gravel as we go, before we finally pull into (just behind) pits as we approach the final chicanes... We done a lap of le mans, behind a pace car straight after qaulifying because our nav sent us wrong.. Don't ask us how we ended up on track to do a lap, but we did and in a crapy picasso.. An experience I'll never forget. (and yes we have video and photos) and wih race cars still on track and a pace car in front (Quote"don't pass the pace car chris" "I won't otherwise I'll get a black flag"
 Shocked Shocked
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2005, 04:29:56 pm »

What was your lap time ?

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
chrisdhall
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2005, 05:29:42 pm »

LMAO  Grin

Never thought to start the stop watch..

razy thing was I just pulled in behind pits, got out of the car and walked to a marshall and asked for directions to the exit... No one stopped us, moaned or seemed surprised to see us there!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: