Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 02:57:17 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: complaints? Le Mans?????  (Read 20276 times)
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2005, 09:47:46 pm »

I only got flashed at once though - that was quite disappointing!  Wink
I am sure that some people could make up for it next year if you ask nicely Shocked
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2005, 03:26:14 am »

I don't post much here but seeing this I feel i should add to it.

Having been a LM veteran for many years (20 odd) I am used to the drunken fireworks and assorted antics that goes on. In fact the firework displays are probably worth the entrance fee alone.

the one thing that really got me this year was the guys next to us running a genny all day and night, the machine was parked behind their van so they were not disturbed but kept awake 7 or 8 other groups. Despite a few polite requests the replies were pretty abusive in reply. We were at the site first so basicly had to endure it.

In the past we have had a few loud music campsites but they do finish at sometime and in reply we can make quite a lot of noise in the morning !!

S

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
knetter
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Burn mother...... burn!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 26, 2005, 02:28:51 pm »

Who wants to complain about The Italian Job on a 12 by 10 feet screen and sound coming from about 1200 Watts of speakers anyway? If you ask me, you haven't grasped the concept of what Le Mans is about, specially if it is before 2 am in the mornin!!!!!!

It did not spoil our or our guests fun though, 1000 Watts is still enough of a volume to hear everything the way it should be heared. Other than that we did not hear to much moaning about our presence!! Just a lot of positive remarks, thank y'all. Had a great time this year, good colourfull crowd on MB this year, hope to see y'all next year, same time?, same place!

I have given up on being on facebook and myspace, I kept mixing them up and invited people to come on Myface!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 26, 2005, 02:54:50 pm »

Great pic there Knetter, but WTF does that sentence underneath mean?  Huh

Fran
 Smiley
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2005, 03:12:49 pm »

A phrase in SLs post "we were there first" reminds me of a small altercation which someone in our group had. I wasn't there so I might have got this wrong, but someone turned up on maybe Thursday and disconnected a supply to someone else (water or power, can't remember). When someone remonstrated with him, he took the line that he'd been coming for 20 years so had more right then the other person.

Bizarre logic...sorry I can't remember it better...
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2005, 03:14:33 pm »

LOL Smokie, under the circumstances its suprising you remember it at all!  Kiss

Fran
Kate Shaw
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2005, 04:05:38 pm »

Did it strike anyone else that the median age at all the campsites appears to be approaching 50?  My photographer Jamie, who is in his mid-20s, pointed this out to me going to the Drivers' parade and I had to agree that it seems to be so.

Do you think this could be part of the reason for people noticing more 'hooligans' and complaining about the noise more than before?

Smokie, when I was listening to that endless technopop at the KN campsite, I longed for your excellent skiffle download and would have loved to blast him with "My Old Man's A Dustman" and "Ernie"!   Grin
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2005, 05:07:40 pm »

I do seem to remember a rendition of Ernie (no sure when, where or why) and also on another evening there was a rousing chorus of "A mouse lived in a windmill in old Amsterdam" chez DfH.  
 Cheesy

Fran
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2005, 05:44:58 pm »

A phrase in SLs post "we were there first"

I think the 'we where there first' in SL's post is refering to the fact that as the camp had been set up and space was becoming a bit tight, to move, would not have been a option once the scale of the problem was realised on thursday morning.

Not the fact that he has a divine right by virtue of being a veteren to command the area around him.

As it was some of our tents where moved, and we then gave up space that was not needed and moved our awing to allow some other people to come in between us and the genny.

This turned out to be a bad move as these guys had a scooter each, there was 6 or 7 of them that needed constant tuning and the only way in and out of the pitch was between other campers parked cars (not always our's, there was a choice of routes).

Rather than walk the scooters thru the gaps they rode them, emerging more than once into the path of either a car or someone walking by.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2005, 10:14:56 pm »

Smokie, when I was listening to that endless technopop at the KN campsite, I longed for your excellent skiffle download and would have loved to blast him with "My Old Man's A Dustman" and "Ernie"!   Grin

OMG now I'm embarrassed at my music collection!!! Smiley

Really, everyone, take no notice of Kate, I am totally in touch with the 21st century, and love the Gorillaz, The Subways and Amerie. And that Crazy Frog group...need I say more? Smiley Smiley Smiley
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2005, 10:17:38 pm »

Dont say any more Smokie, I think you have probably said too much already!!!  Roll Eyes

F
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2005, 11:25:06 pm »

Thought I'd treat you to one of play lists Smokie.
Colonel Bogey
The Great Escape March
The Dambusters March
633 Squadron
Pack up your troubles
It’s a long way to tipperary
Roll out the barrel
Happy Days Are Here Again
Underneath The Arches   
Tulips From Amsterdam   
Jake The Peg   
Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport   
Waltzing Matilda   
Court Of King Caractacus   
Happiness   
Tears
Hot Diggity Dog Ziggity Boom   
That's Amore
Amarillo   

Rocking or what??
Rusty Wink

The Brethren Rock
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2005, 11:33:56 pm »

I can vouch for some of those,  I was at your encampment for at least part of that selection Rusty!  - and the mortar attack too.

I think it was Team Zarse that had Vera Lynn and the speeches of Winston Churchill.  Tho I could be mistaken.  Huh

Never let it be said that the CA'ers have narrow musical taste...

Fran
Rusty
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2005, 11:39:08 pm »

I remember Fran, it was probably the most sober I had been since being there but it was was worth it , those mortars were something else.
Poor Woolies tent got massacreed, ha ha ha.
Rusty

The Brethren Rock
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2005, 11:42:13 pm »

Thought I'd treat you to one of play lists Smokie.
Colonel Bogey
The Great Escape March
The Dambusters March
633 Squadron
Pack up your troubles
It’s a long way to tipperary
Roll out the barrel
Happy Days Are Here Again
Underneath The Arches   
Tulips From Amsterdam   
Jake The Peg   
Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport   
Waltzing Matilda   
Court Of King Caractacus   
Happiness   
Tears
Hot Diggity Dog Ziggity Boom   
That's Amore
Amarillo   

Rocking or what??
Rusty Wink

Rusty, no peetake implied here! I love that playlist does it come by way of one of them new-fangled MPthingy thingies or is it on  CD?

Please say "yes Bill it is on a CD"and tell me what one.

Fran, who it is possible I upset recently can vouch that this is all the music of my era* if a few beatles/searchers/animals/spencer d records could be in too. I'd love such a compilation so please tell me it can be found...

*I just wrote "music of my ear!" before I saw what a load of tosh I wrote..... Roll Eyes

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: