Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 08:58:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Monday 27th is No Complaints day  (Read 12382 times)
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« on: June 27, 2005, 12:03:17 am »

Let's see if we can have a whole day without someone moaning about some aspect of Le Mans shall we?  Roll Eyes

The volume of "noise" is somewhat obscuring my very happy memories...

Thanks!  Wink
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2005, 12:06:45 am »

Smokie I get your point, even with a few negatives I loved it again, and again, and again... I LOVE LE MANS. Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2005, 12:07:45 am »

Can i complain about my first day back at work after a lovely 3 weeks hols, including a fantastic 6 days at Le Mans during which i had not one single thing to complain about whatsoever (only 1 proper hangover) and lots of things to be very happy about?  

Its gonna be tough getting up for the daily grind tho.  Undecided

Fran

smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2005, 12:12:46 am »

Daily grind? I don't get one of those...  Cry

Complaints should be saved until Tuesday......   Smiley
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2005, 08:44:15 am »

No Compliants here.  Grin

What a loverly bright day it is too.  I had a good weekend too.  Mowed All the Lawns.
Trimmed some of the Bushes,   Stored al my Le Mans gear ready for next year.

The world is a wonderfull place today.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2005, 08:59:11 am »

Sorry smokie, but I have one BIG complaint: I now have to wait for another 356 days for the next edition of the 24 hours of Le Mans. no way to change that?Huh Cry Cry Cry

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2005, 09:08:54 am »

OK Werner, I'd have to allow that one...

I wonder how many days pass in a year without us thinking at least once about Le Mans? Certainly for me, it's not many, if any!
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2005, 09:16:04 am »

No complaints from me.  I had the best Le Mans I've ever had!!!  Am sure the memories will keep me going until next year.  Roll on '06!   Grin

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
ecurie
CA Veteran

Speed limit ? What speed limit ?!?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2005, 10:31:26 am »

I'm gonna be one happy bunny today.
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2005, 12:38:06 pm »

no complaints from this corner. Had a great weekend as always, and as a bonus, for some reason i never get hangovers at Le Mans, can't tell you why though? I LOVE LE MANS!!!

ALLEZ LE MANS!!!

mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2005, 01:03:58 pm »

Smokie,

Well said.   I still haven't got used to this work idea even after a whole week back now.   Mind you, a lovely sunny day today and the sound of jet noise is compensating for the lack of motorsport engine noise.

As to complaints, I have none - just the usual great time had by all in our party and memories to live off for the next year.  

As to boringly constructive suggestions to help those less fortunate in their experience this year:

1)   Where/when the antics are going to take place is generally well known, so avoid them at those times; take a 1:25,000 map in the car - there are always plenty of back roads to avoid the centre of Arnage and the roads outside Bleu or HA.

2)   As to the campsites, they do indeed all have their own character, but it is generally possible with a few minutes consideration and a walk around on arrival to make a reasonably educated guess at where the best place is to pitch a tent on the site to achieve the best compromise to meet desires/needs.

All the best,

MG Mark

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2005, 01:09:37 pm »

Ok Smokie, take your point about no complaining but something has just made me very cross this morning. We just had Radio Mercury come into the office this morning doing the "Bun Run", a typically limp local radio feature where they bring cakes into the office and ask silly questions etc.

Before the broadcast started, the DJ girl asked me about the Le Mans polo shirt I'm wearing today and whether i go to Le Mans etc. Anyway, she said her other half went in his Porker and on friday in the town square got stopped by a load of pissed Brits and asked to do a burnout. He thought the circumstances a bit dangerous, so he decilined. He was sprayed not only in water and wine, but had glasses thrown at his car. He was so disappointed he went back to his hotel, packed up and left and didn't stay for the race.

These antics are getting out of hand, I haven't heard of so much bad behaviour since the late eighties "Jag-u-wah la-la-la" fans were in town, most of whom also seemed to be members of the "Our Nige" fan club. This really leaves a sour taste in the mouth, unlike the lovely cream doughnut the tasty DJ gave me.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2005, 02:01:46 pm »

Ah Donuts, reminds me of the so called quote by Johnny Craddock "I hope all your donuts turn out like fannies". it's a legendary quote if true
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2005, 02:22:20 pm »

No complaints. Nice weather here (25 c) and just about to leave office, take my son for swimming lessons. So no, nothing to complain about Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2005, 02:24:49 pm »

No complaints from this corner either, best LM for years!

Didn't camp so can't comment on the saga's, but found out at breakfast on the Friday that a big chunk of the Rollcentre team were staying out hotel, and they turned out to be a great bunch of people.  Grin Gave us a great garage tour during the Friday pitlane walkabout, and of course we went out of the back door and had a quick look round the back of the other garages too!  Thanks to them, and I hope they go back next year, although the Dallaras don't comply with the new regs.  Nobody could work out if Martin Short actually led the race for a couple of hundred metres or not!  Still great effort!

Didn't see any chaos at Arnage, or anywhere else, but probably cos we avoided the place on Friday evening, good job too cos the wife would've been up for a fight had anyone chucked stuff at the Aston or soaked the interior Grin Grin

Roll on next year only 50 or 51 weeks to go......

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: