Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 04:19:01 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What shall be the design for 2006
Complete change - 7 (23.3%)
Same as 2005 with the 2006 logo - 8 (26.7%)
New front deign - 2 (6.7%)
New rear www design - 4 (13.3%)
Dont bother - 0 (0%)
New Colour ? - 9 (30%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: T-Shirts  (Read 87045 times)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2005, 12:13:18 am »

Ladies and Gents, please keep to the thread, i am hoping this will last until december when the new design is decided upon by you lot.

Cleaned it up for ya Robbo - will try to keep it on topic if that helps... smokie
« Last Edit: July 20, 2005, 09:10:43 am by smokie » Logged

Take life by the horns and live it.
Lancs Se7en
CA Veteran

I love it sideways

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2005, 10:25:58 am »

I'm easy but whats new Shocked Shocked Shocked

I like the current design, it covers all aspects of what the race etc is all about.
I would however like to see a sticker of sorts that would go on the outside of the motor. Us se7eners have a distinct lack of rear screen space and the front item aint brilliant either so something to stick on the rear panel or wing please.   

Does it really only have full throttle
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2005, 11:14:59 am »

I lke the design of the t shirt as it is. A change of colour may be a good idea, pale blue or gery maybe.

Maybe add some more text to the back as well as the web site.

I would however like to see a sticker of sorts that would go on the outside of the motor. Us se7eners have a distinct lack of rear screen space and the front item aint brilliant either so something to stick on the rear panel or wing please.

how about a CA GB sticker?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2005, 12:02:09 pm »

I'm easy but whats new Shocked Shocked Shocked

I like the current design, it covers all aspects of what the race etc is all about.

Some were available in 2005 - see about half way down this page http://tinyurl.com/a7mun.

They looked very good, still have them on the car and will take a pic later if I remember.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2005, 12:11:39 pm »

The big sticker looks good on the back window of my Disco.
It would look even better if I had put the bloody thing on straight Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Ron Jeremy
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2005, 01:29:11 pm »

as they are and change the date every year
please

and i was rummaging around in the loft, when i found an original copy of the bible.....which was nice
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2005, 01:52:45 pm »

I have a few badges left btw, maybe stick them on aswell? Wink

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2005, 03:56:55 pm »

I'm warming to the idea of the current t-shirt design (with stripes) on a light blue t shirt in a Gulf stylie.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2005, 06:11:22 pm »

I'm warming to the idea of the current t-shirt design (with stripes) on a light blue t shirt in a Gulf stylie.

I agree Cool
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2005, 09:32:00 pm »

Like the idea of Gulf racing colours, but have to say the shirt is now instantly recognisable even with beer and food spilt down the front  Roll Eyes

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2005, 09:45:16 pm »

Like the idea of Gulf racing colours, but have to say the shirt is now instantly recognisable even with beer and food spilt down the front  Roll Eyes

True Abs me old china.
However, other than a year change, there's no incentive amongst some potential purchasers to have a new one.
Witness the number of '2004' t-shirts at the 'Poo Bar that were elegantly modified with a marker pen.

Steve East Anglian cobras

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 11:46:16 am »

I guess there are two seperate issues here.

Firstly, to have a CA t-shirt (of any design or year) so that CA members can recognise other members.

Secondly, to have an annual t-shirt, in the same way that the ACO do (as do Team JPC) I personally choose to buy (at least) a new CA t-shirt each year (well, I have done for two years  Wink) but I do think that if it's just the date change next year I may not bother.

I think the first year, several people bought them to have an identity and they were the first ones readily available in bulk. Now that people have "A" CA shirt, I don't think that many people will buy them from year to year (as was the case this year) Also, having polos, sweatshirts, fleeces etc available as well detracts from a single item.

What would the poo bar photo look like next year with a mixture of white and pale blue t-shirts? I know our own team photo looked wierd as half a dozen of us had white CA t-shirts on whilst others had the black team polo on.

Just food for thought!!
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2005, 04:12:12 pm »

Well the poll at the moment says keep it as it is.

I'm not sure if I'll buy a 2006 shirt.  I have too many Le Mans T-Shirts already.

I personaly prefer NOT to wear 'this' years shirt I think it looks much cooler to were a shirt from the 80s or early 90s.  ;-)    May be there is a market for back dated T-Shirts.  :-)

If we keep the same design then it would  look more 'team' like even if you wear an old shirt.
If we change the design each year or every couple of years then they will IMVHO just start to look like just another  Le Mans T-shirt.

I personaly would like to see the Red White and Blue Stripe remain no matter what the colour or design may be.

Changing the back is OK.   But if people want to add their own stuff  that is the place to do it.

Just my €0.02

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2005, 09:48:51 pm »

Well Robbo, since I was first to kick in with a Gulf colours suggestion and a "change" option, I have been having an other "think" or two.

I still like the idea of a Gulf colours type thingy, but it seems that since the original shirt IS a special thing to us any way how about a slight remodel of the front by enlarging the stripes a little to make them more prominent and the same to the Hu"YEAR"er badge. Just a little tweak maybe.

The stripes could be enhanced to take up as much space on the shirt as the ones on Stevey boy's race jacket...

I dunno, I'll have  the new one anyway, ta!

Huh

Our names on the back, an extra in the price maybe?

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Neal
CA Veteran

That's put the Halibut amongst the Iguanas

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 12:30:03 pm »

Just catching up after being away, I like the idea of the Gulf colours, but what the hell I'll still buy a shirt whatever
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: