Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 07:10:31 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 901, 904 & 907 cylinders - where ?  (Read 26372 times)
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« on: August 17, 2005, 03:46:58 pm »

Hi !  Interested in getting one of those little camping chef twin burner things with the grill underneath.  However, it says they work with Camping Gaz 901, 904 or 907 gas bottles.

1)  Do you know if these sets tend to come with all the fittings to connect to a bottle ?

2) Anyone know of a good outlet for the bottles in Surrey (Reigate / Redhill area)

3) Can the bottles be refilled or do you have to keep buying new ones (with a suitable discount for handing back the old bottle)

4) How long does a canister tend ot last ?

Many thanks Smiley
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2005, 06:02:49 pm »

2) Anyone know of a good outlet for the bottles in Surrey (Reigate / Redhill area)

3) Can the bottles be refilled or do you have to keep buying new ones (with a suitable discount for handing back the old bottle)

Many thanks Smiley

http://www.campingaz.com/

There is a 'find nearest dealer section', which says the nearest to you is SK camping in Godstone.

http://www.skcamping.com/

They may be able to help with some of the other questions as well. I have used SK camping myself in the past and not had any problems.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
rcutler
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2005, 07:59:36 pm »

And I thought you were on about classic Porsche's Grin
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2005, 11:18:25 pm »

I've used 907s for years.  A refill is expensive at about £10 compared to Calor Gas, but I usually refil in France for about E10.  The others are smaller but with the same screw fitting, and will work out more expensive.

You can run a cooker/light/fridge of them.  The fridge uses most gas and will last 3 or 4 days

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2005, 11:22:11 pm »

Sod the gas ones. I bought a Coleman duel fuel twin burner. It runs on unleaded petrol, no smell and very powerful, the morning cup of tea took a couple of minutes to boil. Packs up smaller as there is no gas bottle.
If you really need a grill you can get seperate toaster plates and a grill plate.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2005, 11:26:03 pm »

Yes, we've used a coleman lamp.  Its 5 times as bright as gaz, and despite the tax petrol must be half the price of gas

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2005, 11:34:13 pm »

Whilst I carry a Camping Gaz cylinder and regulator just in case, I take a large 13kg normal one to Le Mans which costs £14.50 with no deposit. The last one has served me two trips and I left it with gas still in. Regulators cost about £5 to £8 and I have a few different ones so I can use a  different bottle if required. Just pull the hose of and push it on which ever one you need.
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2005, 11:40:31 am »

SK Camping's where we got our tent IIRC.  I'll pop by.

Thanks for all the valuable info guys Smiley
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2005, 05:05:45 pm »

I take a large 13kg normal one to Le Mans which costs £14.50 with no deposit. The last one has served me two trips and I left it with gas still in. Regulators cost about £5 to £8

Where do you get one from with no deposit Stu??
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2005, 02:59:26 pm »

I've used HandyGas (BP) for years in my 'van.  You don't pay any deposit and the refills are a lot cheaper than Calor.

I also have 2 large bottles with auto changeover valve to drive the gas hob at home (no mains gas in the village).  Calor originally quoted me £230 for this setup - I paid the local Handygas chap £110 for the same gear.

You should have a Handygas outlet somewhere near you.

Del

Team Delboy Racing
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 12:16:15 pm »

Thanks Del, I'll scout around for a supplier.

Is it available in France too?
DelBoy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

---TDR---

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2005, 05:12:18 pm »

Is it available in France too?

No. 

I've started to change over to French companies.  They seem to do 6kg bottles (I bought one last year) and the next size up is 13kg.  Pricewise, you pay the same in euros as you do in GBP in UK. ie in France, 6kg bottle (complete) was 29 euros - in UK a 6kg bottle costs £30.  Same with Camping Gaz - £43 for 907 bottle incl gas and regulator, in France 42 euros.

I am told, but cannot confirm as yet, that there is a standard fitting on all French bottles, so if you have a (say) Primagaz regulator, it will fit all the others (Butagaz, Antargaz etc etc)

Incidentally, there are always a lot of Calor bottles going for about £5 on E**y.  You have to find one in your area as they cannot be posted or shipped.

DB

Team Delboy Racing
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2005, 12:08:32 pm »

Thanks for the ifo Del.

I have plenty of Calor containers, but was thinking that it would be easier to use French gas as it saves lugging half a dozen gas cannisters backwards and forwards each year. Plus of course it's easy to obtain a cheaper to buy the large containers kg for kg than the small Camping Gaz 907's.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2005, 09:19:48 pm »

I take a large 13kg normal one to Le Mans which costs £14.50 with no deposit. The last one has served me two trips and I left it with gas still in. Regulators cost about £5 to £8

Sorry about the late reply as I've been on holiday. My local FloGas dealer does the cylinders. You have to pay a deposit on the smaller ones I think but not the large. Strange
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2005, 08:24:41 pm »

Sod the gas ones. I bought a Coleman duel fuel twin burner. It runs on unleaded petrol, no smell and very powerful, the morning cup of tea took a couple of minutes to boil. Packs up smaller as there is no gas bottle.
If you really need a grill you can get seperate toaster plates and a grill plate.

Yup we've got one of these it's fantastic, it cooks quicker that our gas cooker at home I reckon.  We take a couple of litres of fuel in SIG bottles no faffing around with gas at all.

Rhino - have you discovered that the JML/Woolies griddle pan fits across the two burners of the coleman perfectly - you fire up both burners and can cook brekkie for large numbers of people at the same time!  The griddle is only around a fiver, might be worth buying a couple as the coating is pretty pants on it though!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: