Club Arnage
June 16, 2024, 06:45:11 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Going Soon In A Pub Near Me - Please Sponsor Me  (Read 34878 times)
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« on: December 06, 2005, 05:57:25 pm »

On what will be anything other than a quiet Saturday night in January I will be shaving my head - right down to full on cue ball - to raise money for cancer research. 

The event will take place on the evening of 28 January at the Stag & Hounds pub in Binfield (near Bracknell).  All are welcome to come and watch, laugh at / with me, and join me for a few beers.  Of course I'll also be after your money as well.

To sponsor me now please visit my fund-raising website http://www.justgiving.com/Doris

Cheers
Dx

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2005, 08:03:28 pm »

Will you try for the authetic look of partial hairloss as opposed to complete baldness?

I remeber one of my work mates did the same thing for 10 shillings (that's 50p for you young'ens)  In those days 10 bob would pay for a very good evening out and extra 'alf crown for the eye brows.

His girlfriend dumped him that night, but it didn't matter as he the sympathy vote kicked in.

Well done Doris a worthy cause, you just never know when it will affect you!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 08:29:09 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2005, 09:49:43 pm »

I thought most people in Bracknell had shaved heads anyway, but not in Binfield.

I suppose I out to donate a few bob, and I'll double it if I haven't quit the fags by 28 Jan.  I'll need to see pictures

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2005, 11:36:56 am »

Will you try for the authetic look of partial hairloss as opposed to complete baldness?

Your wish is my command.   Smiley

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2005, 12:31:39 pm »

I suppose I out to donate a few bob, and I'll double it if I haven't quit the fags by 28 Jan.  I'll need to see pictures

Lorry, I quit the fags three weeks ago, after a very happy 27 year relationship with tobacco. Honestly, the thought of stopping was marginally worse than the actual process. I don't recommend giving up over Xmas, what with all the boozing etc but early jan would be a good time to put the date in your diary.

Having said that, I'm going skiing for a week over crimbo with no less a luminary than The Gimp, who smokes more than the average laboratory beagle. I'm sure he's determined to get me started again! It will be a test!

Doris, I will bung you some cash next week.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2005, 12:45:24 pm »

[quote author=A Zarse esq link=topic=4396.msg52695#msg52695 date=113395509

Having said that, I'm going skiing for a week over crimbo with no less a luminary than The Gimp, who smokes more than the average laboratory beagle. I'm sure he's determined to get me started again! It will be a test!

Where are you going Andy, anywhere near Kitzbullhe?

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2005, 12:50:09 pm »

Yes, not too far, we're in Mayrhofen. Always found the snow is a bit dodge in Kitsbuhl that time of year, but would love to ski the Hahnekamm again. Maybe we should meet up somehow.

Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2005, 12:52:40 pm »

Sounds good, maybe ther is transport from both resorts to somwhere inbetween. We can discuss on the 16th.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2005, 01:36:18 pm »

OK will do. We are going out on Xmas eve back NY eve. You might want to check the map but from memory if you go south out of Kitz and head for Mittersill or somewhere you then turn right onto the Gerlos Pass. There must be somewhere along there...

If not, we can rent a car for the day and get up the Hahnenkamm. Just gotta do that Eagles jump thingy.

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2005, 02:03:28 pm »

I thought most people in Bracknell had shaved heads anyway, but not in Binfield.

Your guess is as good as mine about people in Bracknell.  I avoid the place as much as possible.  Ghastly!

Pictures shouldn't be a problem.  A mate of mine has said he'll film the whole thing for posterity, and I'm sure other friends will take photos as well.

Andy is right about giving up fags.  Dead easy if you really want to do it.  I gave up in January (not because of a resolution, but because one day I had such a bad hangover I couldn't face having a smoke).  After surviving one day without them I figured I could go without for good.

Lorry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I won't join any club that'll have me as a member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2005, 02:20:47 pm »

Andy is right about giving up fags.  Dead easy if you really want to do it.  I gave up in January (not because of a resolution, but because one day I had such a bad hangover I couldn't face having a smoke).  After surviving one day without them I figured I could go without for good.
Giving up is easy.  The trouble is that starting again is even easier, especially in a field in France

GENTLEMEN  -  Start your livers

For and on behalf of the Kent Kronenberg Owners Club
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2005, 02:23:52 pm »

Giving up is easy.  The trouble is that starting again is even easier, especially in a field in France

Agreed.  For years I wouldn't smoke apart from that one week, and inevitably that lead to a full on habit. 

Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2005, 03:00:10 pm »

Giving up smoking wasn't easy, I lived up to it for nearly a year. But once stopped it was pretty easy on me. Nowardays the no smoking-signs are the only things that remind me of my bad habit. Even in that field in France I wouldn't dare to smoke a cigarette, too scared to loose it and having to start all over again. Roy can smoke for the LM-week and then quit again, :jealous: Wink

Anyway, best of luck with your charity, you can borrow my hat in France if needed Smiley

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Snoring Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2005, 11:57:05 pm »

Well done Doris, the Rhino's will try to get along to support you.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2005, 12:49:13 pm »

Ma'am, well done. Just slipped you a...

tenner from my meagre pension.

Hope it doesn't get too cold for you. Gimme a shout if you need it warmed up...

Grin

bill

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: