Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 02:07:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 12 Hours  (Read 68308 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: February 01, 2006, 12:24:25 am »

Martini - Steve Brown, Doris and myself also arrive in Orlando on Wed (Virgin flight, not sure of time - maybe the same as yours). We have a car booked.

Sorry I screwed up. I am arriving on tuesday night not wed! and moseying to the track wed.

If youa re looking for acccomm check this out   http://www.findorlandorooms.com/

Martini...VIP pass holder (2005)

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 01, 2006, 12:27:05 am »

Hi Martini
Don't bring any foodstuffs into the US - certainly not dairy products.

Ok so I will not bring the Guernsey Butter but what about the Gache which is like a fruit loaf

Martini...

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #122 on: February 01, 2006, 12:36:52 am »

Matt's corp rate might be better than what we have. IIRC we are paying about £60 for a three person room. We could look at a different distribution of people and see if it works... (Steve - I wonder if Matt's rate saves us money???)

What you loose on the swings you gain on the roundabouts.  As I see it, you won't get b&b off season in Blackpool for £20 each nowadays.

Martin, we're on the VS 027 flight, arriving in Orlando at 15:40 on Wednesday 15th.

Steve East Anglian cobras

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 01, 2006, 03:09:05 am »

Hi Martini
Don't bring any foodstuffs into the US - certainly not dairy products.

Ok so I will not bring the Guernsey Butter but what about the Gache which is like a fruit loaf

Martini...
Hi Martini,
                I would risk the cake as it is cooked not too likely to get them bent out of shape. US butter is pretty good They get upset about meat and dairy products as well as fruit and veg. Matt can sort you out for tuesday night in Orlando. I plan to arrive at the track around noon on Wednesday and Pidge may not get there much sooner so do not dispare if you do not find us right away. Cars will be on track and the paddock will be open so lots to see and do.
May not wait until night for a beer Tongue
When you pick up supplies remember to get bottled water to drink too.
Canada Phil
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 01, 2006, 05:59:20 pm »

OK British Sebring visitors - here's what I can do re- accomodation.
The hotel I use is The Ramada Inn & Suites www.ramada-orlando.com
I use this hotel to accommodate visiting customers, so it's clean, well run and close to OIA.
It's also minutes from I-Drive, BeeLine Expressway and within walking distance of the best damn tit-bar in O'town (though it doesn't mention this on it's website, for some bizarre reason). I only know this because people have told me about it - I've never been there myself, you understand...
I can secure twin rooms for $59 (about 35 quid) and two room suites for $75 (again, around 45 quid). I live very close by, so can chaparone, keep you out of bother/get you in bother as the need arises.
I'll help in any way I can.
Regards
Matt

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 01, 2006, 08:48:37 pm »

OK British Sebring visitors - here's what I can do re- accomodation.
The hotel I use is The Ramada Inn & Suites www.ramada-orlando.com
I use this hotel to accommodate visiting customers, so it's clean, well run and close to OIA.
It's also minutes from I-Drive, BeeLine Expressway and within walking distance of the best damn tit-bar in O'town (though it doesn't mention this on it's website, for some bizarre reason). I only know this because people have told me about it - I've never been there myself, you understand...
I can secure twin rooms for $59 (about 35 quid) and two room suites for $75 (again, around 45 quid). I live very close by, so can chaparone, keep you out of bother/get you in bother as the need arises.
I'll help in any way I can.
Regards
Matt

Hi Matt

Is the "chap 'r one" offer for the tuesday, wednesday or both?

Martini...

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 01, 2006, 09:31:19 pm »

Hi Martini
Like I said, I live within sight (almost) of this hotel and would be happy to meet with you guys on either or both days.
I'm English, but have lived here for 4 years, so have it pretty much figured-out. Last year 4 CA travelers (JPC, Andy Zarse, Steve Brown and Rick Cutler) came over to O'town prior to the race and we had a couple of fun evenings before they headed south to the circuit.
Because of my work and reluctance to sleep outdoors unless absolutely necessary, I don't venture down to Hendrick Field until race day morning. My brother Dave H and (as good as brother) Fax fly down from the mid-west on Friday. We have a few lagers and hit the bricks early on Sat morning. I live on a large chain of lakes and we will be doing a spot of boating/fishing on Sunday post race and you're welcome to join us, if you are so inclined.
Feel free to PM me and we can make arrangements to meet....
Regards
Matt

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 01, 2006, 10:43:55 pm »

People that show only for the race are Day Fags. Shocked

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 01, 2006, 10:55:41 pm »

Yes indeed, Randy, you have pointed this out to me on NUMEROUS occasions.
I shall counter by stating that people who drink lite are beer pansies.
Rightbackatchamofo!!!

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 01, 2006, 11:38:46 pm »

Randy,

Anything to do around Tampa or St Petes on Sunday evening after i have been to the TBL ice hockey game. Do you fancy meeting up and showing us the the sights or do you need to make up with the misses for leaving her for the previous 4 days ?

Matt, will let you know about the hotel. Could be up for a few beers before we head to Sebring Wednesday morning. Hotel price is not too bad if Martini and i are splitting it.

Is there a Walmart near by that we can drive to for a few essentials.

Also please PM me your full address just in case we decide to get a hotel on spec on arrival. I am guessing you won't mind if we provide your address if customs want to know where we are staying the first night in order to let us travel if they get picky. They aren't to know that we won't be there, but it will keep em happy.

Regards
Chris
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 01, 2006, 11:53:43 pm »

Matt, will let you know about the hotel. Could be up for a few beers before we head to Sebring Wednesday morning. Hotel price is not too bad if Martini and i are splitting it.

Fine by me

Martini...

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 02, 2006, 12:19:56 am »

Ybor City just to NE of downtown Tampa is a fun night out.
The hotel price is very good, for the quality and location. Respectfully, Kissimmee is a shithole full of English people with shaved heads, tattooed necks and football shirts, known locally as 'tourons'. It's got precisely nowt going for it.
There is a Super Wal*Mart 5 miles west of the hotel (intersection of Sand Lake Rd and John Young Pkwy)

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 02, 2006, 04:56:27 am »

People that show only for the race are Day Fags. Shocked
Hi Amazing, Matt Dave & Fax are indeed Day Fags .... however having said that they drink more beer in one day/session than the average attendee at Sebring manages all week AND.. they Drink proper Beer, not that watery Coors  light  Grin
Canada Phil
Fax
« Reply #133 on: February 02, 2006, 06:09:13 am »

Hey Phil,
Thanks for getting our backs...
Just that Dave, Matt & I have spent sooo many years camped in the most primitive conditions at racing circuts all over fricking world that, at our advanced years, we've earned the right to pass on sleeping in the dirt (which is just what I did at the Petit, thanks guys for not stepping on me in the middle of the night on the way to the pisser)
 Tongue
Fax
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 02, 2006, 05:05:03 pm »

I thought that might stir the soup just a bit.LOL You guys heve earned the right to sleep wherever and whenever you want.As for my choice of beer,Iwill have know that I am in training right now.I have been drinking only imports and micro-brews to build my tolerance up to resemble what it might have been in earlier years.But when it come race week.(you will notice I did not say race weekend),I will be pounding the wimpy sh*t like there no tomorrow.Can not wait  too see Matt,Nikki,Fax,and of coarse Dave H. even it it will only be for Friday night and Sat. Grin Grin Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: