Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:01:04 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring 12 Hours  (Read 68307 times)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2005, 12:38:16 am »

Martin,

What time does the Virgin flight to Orlando arrive.

I am arriving on the 14th by Virgin but from Manchester then hiring a car and finding a hotel for the night and then driving down to Sebring Wednesday morning.

Its just me, so if you fancy hooking up and sharing car hire costs etc, then its fine by me. Only problem is i am not traveling back to Orlando on the 19th as i have tickets for the Tampa Bay Lightning ice hockey game that afternoon. 
But arranging a lift back to Orlando with someone should be too much of a problem.

Let me know what you think.

£303 is a good price. I paid £312.40p
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2005, 01:20:51 am »

Hi

Looking at the flights I have 2 options 15.40 or 16.55. I had a quick look at the Virgin flight from Manchester at it arrives at 14.50 for only...wait for it...£289.10

Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2005, 02:28:52 am »

If you are interested, then get in touch, for the sake of an hours difference in flight arrival times at the airport, we could both save ourselves quite a bit of money. I am sure a lift back to Orlando will be no problem as several CA'ers or Turn 10 crew will be going back that way after the race.
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2005, 05:58:31 am »

Hi a few questions for the Oracles of Sebring.

I have found Virgin flights for the 14th returning on the 19th for £303 is this likely to be the best dates and cost. Gatwick is best for me as I have to travel from Guernsey first.

Are the deals for cars best left to when arriving in Orlando.

Is there food and drink (Coffee and Beer) on site as I see they do not like BBQ fires etc.

Where are the camping areas and what is the cost (which area are CA'ers normally in)

Is it likely to por down or if not how hot (not as hot as LM this year I hope)

Is there night entertainment.

Finally, will my wife let me go as I have already booked LM24 & Classic.

Thanks for any answers.

Martini...
Hi Martini,
                Welcome to the Sebring thread. Your dates look good though I expect you will be srry to leave so soon. Looks as though Chris has sorted your car hire problem for you. Open fires are not permitted however BBQ's are.
Food and Drink is available at the track and easy to sort your own from town. Camping gear can be bought cheaply or borrowed. tickets on the gate for both camping and entry so no problem as you are arriving in plenty of time.
Canada Phil 
amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2005, 04:05:52 pm »

If anyone needs help with camping gear,I would be happy to pre-shop for such needs.The more people that come to Sebring the BETTER it is.I live in St.Petersburg which is just across the bay from Tampa Airport,so anyone
flying in there Monday prior I could probably help with transportation.I leave my house for Sebring{2hr15mi. trip} early Tues.morning and do not leave{at all} until Sunday morning. Grin

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Papa Eric
CA Veteran

Team Eric

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2005, 06:56:43 pm »

Wow!  Such help. 

We've got a place at Orlando throughout so will be driving down so the times and parking hints really welcomed  Smiley

Definitely going to go now, sounds a buz.

Thanks all
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2005, 07:08:52 pm »

Hi
Wel it was still on when she sobered up so I have organised time off and booked flights from Guernsey to Gatwick and Gatwick to Orlando.
Leaving LGW 11.15am Tue 14 arrive Orlando 15.40
Leave Orlando 18.05 Sunday 19th

If any one is around at that time good to meet up.
I think I am going to check in to one of the Airport hotels for the night as all the Sebring ones seem booked.

Chris24 thanks for the offer of the car share to the track but I really want to be able to guarantee my return.

Need to have directions for the Walmart if poss please...party on.

Martini...

amazing 1
Uncle Pervy Welshman
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Male Underwear Super Model Two BEERS Please

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2005, 08:14:26 pm »

My advice on parking.

Time your arrival for 7am wed.morning.
Have all your provisions for at least 4 days with you.
Pull in front gate with an idea of where you want to camp.
   [study track maps to locate restrooms/ask veterans where best
      viewing is]
If not ride around until you find somewhere to camp.
Park vehicle.
Assign most responsible person in group to hold keys.
   [that could take awhile]LOL
Do not move vehicle un til Sunday.

Need to have directions for the Walmart if poss please...party on

There is Walmart in Sebring just before the track,as well as plenty of supermarkets.You will be able to get whatever you need in Sebring,which
is only minutes from the track.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2005, 08:21:20 pm by amazing 1 » Logged

TURN 10 "YOUR SPOT IN THE SUN"

GO SHANE GO!!!

GO TEAM IMPALA GO !!!
Fax
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2005, 08:39:30 pm »

Martin & Papa E,
Glad to hear you guys will be coming along, guarantee that you'll enjoy it enormously.
If you need to go into town there are plenty of greasy spoons to grab some grub and said Wally World to purchase supplies.  Here's the usual disclaimer:
By all acounts Johnny Law in the town of Sebring has gotten pretty aggresive in recent years regarding the drinking & driving thing, so if you go into town...wait until you get back to start throwing down coldies.
Fax
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2005, 04:44:55 am »

Hi Martini,
               WalMart is on the right as you arrive on Hwy 27. Has everything you need ... well Beer, Cooler and Ice and what else could you possibly want Grin
Canada Phil
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2005, 02:28:21 pm »

Hi All

I have found a good site for Orlando car hire, I think, click on this -

http://www.airline-network.co.uk/

then click on car rental - £89 for a small car with insurance & gas for 5 days.

Happy New Year to you all.

Martini...

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2005, 04:41:27 pm »

Martin,

If you are arriving at 15.40 at Orlando on the Tuesday, and i am arriving at 14.50 the same day and also getting my car hire via Airlinenetwork, then i don't mind waiting for you at the airport or in the car hire pick up garage.

We could both collect our cars and then I would suggest driving to the Kissimmee area and finding a hotel for the night in that area. Its far cheaper out there than near the airport. Also there is plenty to choose from. If you don't mind sharing a twin room with me for the night, then it makes it cheaper for the both of us.

Also there is a big Walmart close by to the hotels that I usually travel to that evening to stock up on supplies.

Also the Kissimmee area has plenty of eating establishments in close proxcimity.

I will PM you my phone number if you would like to have a chat.

Regards
Chris
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2005, 04:43:48 pm »

Assign most responsible person in group to hold keys.
   [that could take awhile]LOL

Err, that wouldn't be SMOKIE then would it ! Roll Eyes LOL  Grin
smokie
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2006, 02:36:22 pm »

IMO car hire is best done this end, before you go. Never tried it on arrival though. There are some very good deals, when your plans are more advanced (and I can think straight!) I will let you know where to rent (the cars have always been Dollar but different agencies give different prices). www.airline-networks.co.uk springs to mind.

£303 is a Good Price. I think the std rate is about £370, but £330 has been available for a while, and BA currently have a January Sale which takes £20 off. The taxes have gone up a lot in three years (now about £120 with BA). You might find that booking a "through" ticket from Guernsey (or was it Jersey?) is cheaper - gab got his end to end flight Munich - Heathrow - Miami (much) cheaper than I paid just for the Heathrow - Miami leg last year, same carrier and flight as me to Florida.

On another note, I was showing Mrs S the race dates for 2006 over Xmas and she said why don't we book a holiday in Turkey to coincide with the 1000km (date to be announced...). Has anyone done Turkey, could it be combined easily with a beach holiday (new thread maybe?)
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2006, 05:24:03 pm »

Silly question...

But are there any particular airlines who are always cheaper, ie No food, or poor service etc etc, i'm not a fussy flyer....

Take life by the horns and live it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: