Club Arnage
April 24, 2024, 08:49:08 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will they or won't they make it this year ?  (Read 7046 times)
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« on: June 04, 2003, 02:10:17 pm »

Daisy and Duke

The Commer Van

The Burger Car

The Breakfast Van

The Fish and Chip Van

RS2Babe

The Cortina and Volvo with Jaguar racing colours or other old banger

Batman and Robin

The nutter who was seen during the England Euro match cycling nakid round arnage town centre..............

These and many other questions should all be answered very shortly........................

Darren
Team Sharpe

Darren - Team Sharpe
RS2 Babe
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 02:23:21 pm »

Tongue

I will be there for sure together with the wonderful Mr RS2 babe.

I have serious concerns about the mobile chippy though, not long to go and I've heard that they haven't even started peeling the spuds!

see ye there then

Kiss
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 02:50:25 pm »

Was parked next to them last year in the queue to get on the Seacat at Newhaven.  They were undertaking serious remedial action to the Volve just to get it on board!  They did make it on board, and the last time I saw them was on the dockside after we all got off at Dieppe!
Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 02:55:03 pm »

Sorry to dissapoint on the Burger Car.
As reported earlier in the year, the Burger Promo Wagon did not make it past Rouen last year.

She was abandoned in an industrial estate, just over the river and turn right in the middle of Rouen.

We tried to replace her with a replica of the Pink Panthers car; sadly this came to a dead end, the guy wouldn't sell it in the end!

Something of interest next year I hope.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 03:27:00 pm »

Was parked next to them last year in the queue to get on the Seacat at Newhaven.  They were undertaking serious remedial action to the Volve just to get it on board!  They did make it on board, and the last time I saw them was on the dockside after we all got off at Dieppe!

Chris,

We were in the same line of cars, a B4 Subaru, TVR Griffith, TVR Tuscan, Porshe 911 and a couple of other wagons.  I have been going for 10 yrs and have seen the same guys each yr with a car sporting the Jag colours...........

Darren

Darren - Team Sharpe
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 03:41:51 pm »

Darren

I was in an Impreza, travelling with friends in a 306, although they were in a different queue!  Going across the same route this year but on the 14.30 crossing (sure the times have changed).  Not staying in Rouen this year though, as last years stay there became extended after scroats tried getting in to my car.

However also not going straight to Le Mans, got to do a detour to stay at a friends house.  Not quite sure what the purpose of the detour is but never mind
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 03:49:43 pm »

Chris,

We couldn't get on the Newhaven ferry this year so are having to travel on the Thursday morning seacat from Dover to Calais.  Returning on the Monday but staying Sunday night in a Chateaux 45 mins from Calais.  Decent shower, bog and a slap up meal to finish the weekend...........

Darren - Team Sharpe
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2003, 04:27:33 pm »

Chris,

We couldn't get on the Newhaven ferry this year so are having to travel on the Thursday morning seacat from Dover to Calais.  Returning on the Monday but staying Sunday night in a Chateaux 45 mins from Calais.  Decent shower, bog and a slap up meal to finish the weekend...........

Ah I am returning Calais to Dover as I couldn't get on the Seacat from Dieppe on the Monday.  However will be staying in the campsite on Sunday night, makes for a more leisurely day I hope.  Mind you got to find a route from Le Mans to Calais that avaoids all the traffic on the Monday!
Mr. Rick
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2003, 05:38:09 pm »

As for vehicles that stick out in memory, remember a Triumph Spitfire hand painted in Slk Cut colours that made it onto the pit straight shortly after the finish one year.

Obviously going back a few years, like to remember it was in '88 but not sure, about then anyway - anyone else remember that one?
Darren
CA Veteran

Wannabe Jedi Knight

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2003, 06:13:55 pm »

Don't remember that one but do remember the guy on the old stand up and beg push bike dressed like a yorkshireman peddle down the start finish straight as the winning cars were coming in.  He had a cardboard cutout of Posh Spice with him !!!!

Darren

Darren - Team Sharpe
SL
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2003, 07:26:53 pm »

I remember the spitfire in Silk Cut colours, glad I'm not the only old bugger still going to LM.  Smiley

Seem to recall they made Autosport as well.

A few years ago a couple were paraded though Houx Annex on the roof of a Range Rover.  

Another was Houx camp during the Sunday departure drag races, all stopped to see this poor lad cycle naked past the assembled crowd he backed Merc not Jag, punishment, cycle though campsites.

SL

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2003, 12:04:31 am »

Well....This is pertty boring reakky!!

This year "The Shed" will makre its fifth appearace at the race(1989 Renault Espace)

Apart from a major disaster in 2001 with a collapsed front wheelbearing as we drove into Expo.....and the problems of the C**p ACO recovery hotline .Every year has been uneventful i.e getting there and back safely.

Andy
Black Granny
CA Veteran

Please give generously, You know it makes sense!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2003, 10:11:53 am »

As another "old bugger" who has been going for longer than  is good for me, I too remember the Silk Cut Triumph  Spitfire.

Just for the record the Black MKII Granada Estate will be making it's fifth appearance.

Mines a Gin & Tonic
Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2003, 10:57:26 am »

Obviously going back a few years, like to remember it was in '88 but not sure, about then anyway - anyone else remember that one?

1991, as I saw it, that was my first year, and last of the Silk Cut Jags?

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
felix
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2003, 11:07:39 am »

Fish & Chips Look out for the signs on MB
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: