Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 11:31:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sunderland Earthquake  (Read 4576 times)
Jeffa
CA Veteran

I'm not a llama! Im a free man!

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2003, 01:05:48 am »

The Sunderland Earthquake

A major earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit Sunderland in the early hours of Monday. Epicentre: Hylton, Sunderland.
Victims were seen wandering around aimlessly muttering "fockin
mentill","innit" and "cont". The earthquake decimated the area causing approximately £30 worth of damage. Several priceless collections of mementos from the Balearics and Spanish Costa's were damaged beyond repair.

Three areas of historic burnt out cars were disturbed. Many locals were woken well before their giro arrived. Wearside News reported that hundreds of residents were confused and bewildered, still trying to come to terms with the fact that something interesting had happened in the area.
One resident - Tracy Sharon Smith, a 15-year-old mother of 5 said "It was such a shock, my little Chardonnay Mercedes came running into my bedroom crying. My youngest two: Tyler-Morgan and Megan-Storm slept through it all. I was still shaking when I was watching Kilroy the next morning."

Apparently though, looting, muggings and car crime did carry on as normal. The British Red Cross has so far managed to ship 4,000 crates of Sunny Delight to the area to help the stricken locals. Rescue workers are still searching through the rubble and have found large quantities of personal belongings, which include benefit books, jewellery from Elizabeth Duke at Argos and Bone China from Poundland.

HOW CAN YOU HELP

This appeal is to raise money for food and clothing, parcels for those unfortunate to be caught up in this disaster. Clothing is most sought after, the most needed include:
Fila or Burberry baseball caps, Kappa tracksuit tops (his and hers), Shell suits (female), white sport socks, Rockport boots and any other items usually sold in Primark. Food parcels may be harder to come by, but are needed all the same. Required foodstuffs include Microwave meals, tins of baked beans, ice cream and cans of Colt 45 or Special Brew.
22p buys a biro for filling in the compensation forms.
£2.00 buys chips, crisps and blue fizzy drinks for a family of 9. £5.00 will pay for a packet of B&H and a lighter to calm the nerves of those affected.
Please do not send tents for shelter, as the sight of posh housing is unfair on the population or neighbouring areas of Fulwell, Pennywell and East and West Boldon.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2003, 09:43:32 am »

It could be worse. You could be a mackem siamese twin. Your brothers gay and you share the same arsehole.

Stu
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2003, 09:56:34 am »

Well it's about time! The Hylton Road did a lot of damage to me in my late teens. I read your fine post with a rear, sorry , tear, in my eye, it's a long time since I've heard those evocative local names.
Is the Mountain Daisy still there? -that was usually where the first fight started.
An earthquake in Sunderland would indeed be an ugly sight, but not quite as ugly as no earthquake in Sunderland.
Mind you, if Liverpool gets the Cultural Capital Of Europe award, then maybe Sunderland could hope for a few aftershocks, and walk home with the prize next time round.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2003, 10:26:44 am »

Having worked there for a while, i could never get round to having the mince and chips everyone else had for morning tea break.
An earthquake would be a definite improvement.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: