Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 12:07:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sebring thanks...  (Read 4007 times)
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2006, 09:13:08 pm »

Ok, slept pretty well and soaked the feet.

Here goes.. in order of appearance

Big thanks to Matt H for sorting the accommodation and the night excursions in Orlando, also all the advice, really good to meet you.

Pidge, you are a diamond and your brekkers is exactly as promised, you fully deserve to be Sebring fan of the year and it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and your family. (I have bought a pocket dictionary for next year, hope you labelled all 'my' kit).

Canada Phil, what a lovely fella and second chef, nothing is too much trouble not even after driving down 2200 miles, still an excellent sense of humour.

Gab, again an excellent sense of humour for a german, thanks for putting up 'my' tent with the help of Pidge, Phil and Chris24 who picked up the tent and did a great blow job on my airbed.
The Amazing Randy, what a welcome, what a hug, thanks for sorting the tent and bed (hope you enjoyed the box of lagers) Turn 10 is something else as you are.

Lee Self, great guy, great pictures, great slide show and a sensible and lovely wife, thanks for the print.

The Guvnor, Jupiter John, you are a very humble man and it is I that am honoured.

Turn 10 guys and gals thanks for the welcome and hospitality.

Pieter, thanks for doing the courier work from Paddy.

Chris24, Smokie, Steve Brown, Mr Rick and Doris thanks ever so much for a good time and the guidance to Sebring, hope you have(had) a good time in Daytona.

Fax, good to meet you if only for a short time, longer next year.

Also to Glen, Gabs bro, good to meet you.

If there is anyone I have forgotten, sorry, but I will probably be modifying this message.

Again, thanks to all and a big WooHooooooo. If I don't see you in June or at the Classic then maybe next March... WoooHooooooooooooooo.

A few pics here
http://www.clubarnage.com/forum/index.php?topic=4716.msg58632#msg58632

Martini...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2006, 09:31:30 pm by Martini » Logged

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2006, 11:25:23 pm »

Hello Martin
Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. Sorry I didn't get the chance to say farewell on Sat night - we'd done all our Nigerians by races end, so we pissed off home.
You didn't miss much fishing action on Sunday - all I caught was a nasty sunburn.
Hopefully you got over your introduction to Pennsylvania's finest (Yuengling) and are back on the neat vodka!
See you again soon, hopefully.
Matt 

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2006, 11:35:52 pm »

Hello Martin
Glad to hear you're home safe and sound. Sorry I didn't get the chance to say farewell on Sat night - we'd done all our Nigerians by races end, so we pissed off home.
You didn't miss much fishing action on Sunday - all I caught was a nasty sunburn.
Hopefully you got over your introduction to Pennsylvania's finest (Yuengling) and are back on the neat vodka!
See you again soon, hopefully.
Matt 

Thanks Matt

And thank you for your hospitality ( I have sent PM )

As far as Yeungling is concerned I moved to Fanny Adams then Amber Bock with the odd jug of Vodka.

Regards

Mart

Fax
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 04:13:10 am »

Martin,
Was great to finally meet you and discover you weren't ready to flog me after some of the jack-ass remarks I sometimes make Grin  Was good fun spectating with you at the hairpin and look forward to many more such episodes either over here or at the Sarthe.  See you soon.
Fax
« Last Edit: March 22, 2006, 04:18:21 am by Fax » Logged
Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2006, 04:36:04 am »

Hi Martini,
               I too am home at last... details to morrow. It was a pleasure meeting you as you fit right in with the rest of the crazies Roll Eyes
time for bed and think of something wiity to paost to morrow. Thanks for the memories
Canada Phil
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2006, 08:21:40 pm »

FAX an C_Phil (cousin)

Good to hear from you both, Fax are you going to LM24 with Matt?

Phil your writing looks a bit tired, glad you got home safely, 2200mls you nutter, hope it is not too cold up there in 'our' country!

Looking forward to the 24 and getting a few beers in once rested

Martini...

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2006, 12:35:06 am »

OK, I have finally found some time to write my thanks on here.

To start with, Rick you are in good companay because I too have come home with a stinking cold ! I went with the trail end of one but never had any smypthoms whilst there, only for it to strike with a vengence on returning home.

Ok, firstly thanks to Matt Harper for booking the room for us close to the airport. The hotel was great. A big thanks for the evening out, the company, food and beer was great and you are good man for picking up the tab. I hope you enjoyed the Guiness over at Turn 10. Sorry that 6 were boxless, but I had a box failure whilst moving them from the car to the motorhome.

Martini, great to meet you and thanks for the vodka and for not snoring as loudly as you had warned me about.

Canada Phil, Geoff, Steve, Gab and Pidge, as always, a pleasure to see you guys again.  Rick and Doris, nice to meet you for the first time and hopefully not the last.

Gab, Phil and Pidge , thanks for the help putting up Martini's tent as I would never have got it up on my own.

Pidge, thanks for the great breakfasts as ever and all the help around the camp site.

A big thank you to Dave , Mary ,  Katie and Lucy and Pidges other family for making the trip and making it so special for Pidge with the Trophy, banner and hats.

Greg, nice to meet you again.

Fax, Dave H and Matt, always a pleasure to see you guys at the races.

Well over to Turn 10, where to start.

Randy, thanks for all your help with the equipment for everybody.

Team Impala, you guys are legends and keep up the good work next year. Randy , Mike and Greg, I salute you. Thanks Greg for the Turn 10 shirt.

Jupiter John, you rock dude, thanks for the hospitality but I am still not sure what you like so much about my postings on here.

Norm, Sandy, Ronnie, Rick and the many others that I can remember, you guys are great and fun to hang around with.

Peiter and Julian, great to meet you, you are wild people.

Anne AKA Vettefan, thanks for your company on the way down and for getting that Yankies hat for me. Glad it all worked out with the camera in the end.

Last but not least, I very big thankyou to Lee Self and his lovely wife Jerry. What can i say, Sebring would not be the same without you two. Thanks for the company, the use of your photovest during night practice ( That blew me away). Thanks for the slideshow, brilliant as ever and thanks for the posters of your artwork.

Finally a very big thankyou for the invite over to your house after the hockey game on Sunday night. It was a lovely way to finish off the weekend. The BBQ was first class and I can honestly say that it was the tastiest meal I have had for a long time. Just wish I room room for a second helping. Sorry for keeping you up so late, and i must admit, staying awake on the drive back to Tampa was a struggle too.

It was a real honour to become only the second member of Club Arnage to visit your home after Randy.

Finally, I big thankyou to the following people who donated items for a charity auction,

James Weaver, Andy Wallace, Johnny O Connell, Max Papis / Corvette Racing, Allan McNish / Audi, Cadillac Racing and Aston Martin Racing and David Brabham for throwing his podium hat in my direction.
Pidgeon
CA Veteran

I'm a Sebringllama

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2006, 02:25:45 am »

Smiley  Hey everybody and anybody ............. I was overwhelmed. In fact I still ain't over it.
The dumb Polock that I am .... Everybody knew about my selection but me.  My kids and grandkids, all of the CA members, the local newspaper ......... everybody but me.
I was sent several Sebring Fan News threads but I just figured thay want to advertise something and I had already bought the tickets so I deleted what I thought was junk mail.
Needless to say I was one happy Polock and I thank you one and all.
A'hm a STAR ! !   Grin

Again after all of these years Sebring never fails to amaze me. And now my new and not so new aquaintences have made my camp an international treasure. 
Whoooda thought  ......... Smiley
As Phil says 'thanks for the memories.

Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2006, 10:36:28 am »

Here you go Pidge  Cheesy

* 2006_0317_205217AA.JPG (131.33 KB, 800x531 - viewed 219 times.)
Chris24
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2006, 10:37:12 am »

I'm a star ! Grin

* 2006_0318_005018AA.JPG (103.95 KB, 800x531 - viewed 274 times.)
Fax
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2006, 01:59:55 pm »

Martin,
Just went back to work today and boy this stinks!
The LM 24 Hours looks very unlikely for me at this point.  A few months ago I thought I was in good shape for it, but this winter's been a bit hard on the bank account.  I'm afraid I'll be watching it perched on my favorite chair down at the local pub.
Fax
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2006, 03:45:47 pm »

Martin,
Just went back to work today and boy this stinks!
The LM 24 Hours looks very unlikely for me at this point.  A few months ago I thought I was in good shape for it, but this winter's been a bit hard on the bank account.  I'm afraid I'll be watching it perched on my favorite chair down at the local pub.
Fax

There is always the 24 Classic?

Martini...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: