Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 09:15:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: cheap tent  (Read 5955 times)
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:40:50 pm »

Just been down to my local LIDL to stock up on cheap rump steaks £2.49 for two frozen ideal for the barbie ! and bought a bloody nice tent for £24.99 cant go wrong !!!!!!!!!  Cheesy

been there done that doing it again !
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 10:15:47 pm »

You can go wrong if we get "the wet one" that we're due and your tent leaks!!!   

Personally I think you can get a decent branded tent for fifty quid that you know won't leak if the rain comes down as it did in 2001!!!
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 11:16:46 pm »

Personally I think you can get a decent branded tent for fifty quid that you know won't leak if the rain comes down as it did in 2001!!!

We've got the "who, when, where" thread running, is it too soon for the long range weather guru dance and casting of the rune's.  What do the omen's foretell.

I think it will be wet and windy this year and will be mainly dressing in brightly coloured plastic Grin
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 11:19:23 pm by Ferrari Spider » Logged
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2006, 11:49:05 pm »

We're renting 3 tents for €150 a week each Lips Sealed

this is a double>>

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24NBR LMSSilverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 12:15:13 am »

Thats it pee on my fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought i did rather well  Cry some guys are all doom and gloom  Tongue

neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 12:17:36 am »

but a great tent to use as the beer store!  nice buy!
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 12:36:34 am »

it has beer storage area !!!!!!!!!! Grin

Canada Phil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

The Moose

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 12:45:27 am »

Thats it pee on my fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought i did rather well  Cry some guys are all doom and gloom  Tongue
Hi Ali,
         As insurance take a couple of bin liners and keep your clothes and sleeping bag dry. Roll Eyes
Canada Phil
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 12:59:34 am »

Hi there canada phil have you been rubbing your cristal ball again? got some inside info from the big man up-stairs?  Grin

Mr. Invincible Mou
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 09:30:14 pm »

Piglet, look on the bright side, Lidl are doing a special on Waders at only £4.99, so you can be really prepared for the rain  Shocked Wink Grin

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060323.p.Waders
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2006, 09:47:19 pm »

Piglet, look on the bright side, Lidl are doing a special on Waders at only £4.99, so you can be really prepared for the rain  Shocked Wink Grin

http://www.lidl.co.uk/gb/home.nsf/pages/c.o.20060323.p.Waders

I'm a marshal and a former girl guide leader - I'm always prepared  Grin

I prefer to expect the worst and then I'm only ever pleasantly surprised when it's better!!  On the other hand my father "the eternal optimist" is only ever disappointed in what life throws at him! 
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2006, 11:52:13 pm »

2001 was a bit wet but by no means as wet as it can get.  My first trip in 80 now that was wet.  The only waterproof thing I had was a cheap nylon "Peter Storm" imitation thing.  It had severed me well walking the dogs in the rain we get here.  But when it Dumped on me just before the start I was soaked to the skin.  Another year I remember it was so bad is washed away the concret wall holding the earth back near the entrance to the tunnel that comes out at the poo bar.   2001 was nicely damp so as to keep the dust down so to speak.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2006, 05:29:40 pm »

My first trip in 80 now that was wet.  The only waterproof thing I had was a cheap nylon "Peter Storm" imitation thing.  It had severed me well walking the dogs in the rain we get here.  But when it Dumped on me just before the start I was soaked to the skin.  Another year I remember it was so bad is washed away the concret wall holding the earth back near the entrance to the tunnel that comes out at the poo bar.   2001 was nicely damp so as to keep the dust down so to speak.

t.

In 80 me and my brother spent the start of the race sheltering under a Union flag on the start straight. Everything was soaked and we had no dry clothes left or a tent to shelter in, terrible year!
The memory of spending the trip home on a coach load of steaming wet people ensured we drove the next year.

The worst years are the ones when you get the constant drizzle day and night, 92 was like that I think. nothing ever drys and you go home smelling like a mouldy tramp.

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2006, 05:43:44 pm »

Stop these negative vibes, it's going to be gloriously sunny, with a light breeze, and a little cooler than 2005. Grin
But I'm still going to pack the industrial strength waterproofs, cos the year I don't bother to, it will pee down. Wink
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2006, 06:34:00 pm »

My first trip in 80 now that was wet.  t.

In 80 me and my brother spent the start of the race sheltering under a Union flag on the start straight. Everything was soaked and we had no dry clothes left or a tent to shelter in, terrible year!
Yes at least you were able to dry out just in time for it to dump on you again.
But some how it didn't matter. 

My endureing memory of that year was the Attendents sitting outside the Entrance of the Loos on Pamorama eating Pate and Bread.  The Pate was exactly the same colour as the mud that was running out of the entrance to the loos.

The worst years are the ones when you get the constant drizzle day and night, 92 was like that I think. nothing ever drys and you go home smelling like a mouldy tramp.
Yes it's not good when it's all rain.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: