Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 11:33:53 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Silverstone Supercar Showdown 6th May 2006  (Read 14117 times)
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2006, 08:34:33 pm »

So what was the score at Whittlebury?

Were you near the main entrance, ie nowhere near the circuit and therefore had to drive to the main entrance, or did you scale the fences?

Was it wet on Saturday night  Roll Eyes
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 08, 2006, 10:49:30 pm »

We were on the marshals campsite for the weekend and had a blast  Grin

Very much a run in for Le Mans - we got rolling drunk on the Saturday night and the weather was lovely  Grin  It rained a couple of times over night and at some times during the day but Saturday night we sat outside the tent eating steak and crepes until nearly 1am - felt (and looked!) like poo all of sunday though! 
RichUK
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 08, 2006, 10:55:05 pm »

We enjoyed the racing, thought about camping over, but we only live 45 mins away from the circuit, and I like my bed. Smiley

I've come to believe that Le Mans is the centre of the universe.
rcutler
« Reply #48 on: May 09, 2006, 12:12:23 am »

The Campsite was good albeit a bit expensive, The gate was open so only a 15 minute walk altough it seemed a lot further when it was teeming down with rain on Saturday. Good to meet up with Jay Team Cannonball, Sooty and Chris24. Would recommend the campsite only if camping on circuit is not available.  Looking forward to an event on at Silverstone when the campsite is open so i can cut deep into another finger   Roll Eyes
Paddy_NL
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Bleu Nord hooligan =)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: May 09, 2006, 02:50:24 am »

Looking forward to an event on at Silverstone when the campsite is open so i can cut deep into another finger   Roll Eyes
What's in a name Grin

Paddy's 2009: Spa LMS • NBR 24 • Le Mans 24 • Spa24 • NBR LMS • Silverstone LMS =(

Drinking for Holland
Muzorewa

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 09, 2006, 07:49:18 am »

Quote from: Rick Cutler
Would recommend the campsite only if camping on circuit is not available.
What confused me last year was that they allowed camping at Silverstone for the LMES event but not the Britcar 24 hours.  Huh
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 09, 2006, 09:00:01 am »

So it was you then Piglet.....

We were in the Marshalls campsite too, but didn't get back till about midnight on saturday night after visiting the teams that were still working and then heading into the village for a beer or two. 

Rick, Britcar 24hrs was a bit of a cockup at Silverstone last year, the Silverstone people thought that cos they had rented the circuit to the Britcar people then the Britcar people would do all of the organising......  But they didn't.....  But this year I think the circuit people will be doing the organising so I would expect there to be some camping, but don't quote me on that!

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 09, 2006, 10:04:38 am »

So it was you then Piglet.....

Whoops!!  Grin  I was going to post an apology thread on the marshals forum on 10/10's - It did occur to me on Sunday that we were probably quite loud  Embarrassed

We were in the middle of the second "part" of the field - Saab, BMW with roofbox, Skoda three tents and a caravan with another BMW.    We weren't the bigger group in the middle of the first part of the campsite who looked like they were in for a session as well!! 
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 09, 2006, 10:25:39 am »

errrrr, we were part of the other lot....  Roll Eyes
Big green Aston was (is) me Grin

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: