Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 12:12:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Grandstand seat anyone???  (Read 9351 times)
Russ
CA Veteran

I think this is yours...

View Profile
« on: June 05, 2003, 07:07:23 pm »

New to Le Mans last year we sorted some tickets out with Just Tickets, being a little weary of the tales of woe of camp site toilets, we decided to take their offer of 'welcome' hospitality tickets for an extra £20 so that we needn't walk around holding our beers with hands covered in crap and up to our ankles in p*ss...

So we were taking in the atmosphere and wondering around pretty aimlessly on the Sunday, when one of our crew decided to walk into the area behind the pits... Handed over his 'welcome area' ticket and walked right in. Looked like an interesting place to see so the rest of us did the same. Cool

Not sure if we were supposed to get in that bit, but nobody questioned our tickets. Now when we exited that area through a different gate we all received some other type of ticket for re-entry. No problem we thought... we'll keep hold of them... Walking about a bit more it was getting close to the end of the race so we tried to find a spot to watch between the grandstands... as we tried to find a good spot, one of us notices some wording on our new tickets that matched the wording on the grandstand entrance... Hmmm.... over he walked, the ticket was taken off him and up the stairs he went...Looked like an interesting place to see so the rest of us did the same. Cool

Getting into the grandstand opposite the pit exit was pretty cool 'cos I'm sure we didn't pay for that... but to find just a few rows back four empty seats all together next to the isle was a WS moment!!! Shocked

So there we sat buying beer from the beer chap and supping as we watched the last couple of hours of the race from grandstand seats ... perfick!

Not bad for an extra £20!!!

Fred Dibnah Memorial
Gland in the hand worth two in a Bush Tour 2007
Liszt
CA Veteran

Beer is a legitimate breakfast

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2003, 11:02:25 am »

For the past 4 years I have watched the end of the race from granstand over the pits.  Never paid a penny for it.

Ruptured Duck Motorsport
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2003, 11:10:55 am »

For the past 4 years I have watched the end of the race from granstand over the pits.  Never paid a penny for it.

From the number of folks that are "extra" up there, seems like a popular trick!

Scarred old slaver know he’s doin’ alright.
pp
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2003, 01:59:19 am »

:  crapjoin the aco get a decent granstand seaT
keefie
CA Veteran

Must get the car fixed for June

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 01:05:54 am »

How did you manage this? in 99 and 00 we spent most of the sunday early hours in the grandstand above the pits, but in 02 we couldnt find a gorilla-less way in and this year didnt bother trying

What's my solution? NOISE POLLUTION!
Liszt
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2003, 12:40:21 pm »

Being able to speak french helps.  Walk straight up as though you are meant to be there, speaking into mobile phone, and being pleasant to the bloke.  Things like "oops picked up my mates pass! but I have seat number 117, if you check, you'll see it is empty"

Being mixed up in abig group also helps.

Didn't do it this year as we had wandered into dunlop hospitality at end of pits "Accidently".  The best blag in our group this year was one of our boys got into Bently hospitality but was fairly quickly bounced but then got into Audi UK area, and managed to blag a lift into town off one of the Audi Shuttle drivers
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2003, 03:05:41 pm »

Three of our guys managed to blag their way into the Bentley Hospitality after the presentations. Spent an hour talking to Derek Bell amongst others. Managed to pick up some signatures as proof.

Miserable buggers didn't call us to join them though   Angry
Liszt
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2003, 03:44:52 pm »

My mate has a picture of him giving Tom Kristensen a hug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: