Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 01:30:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Durand grandstand ACO?  (Read 10467 times)
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« on: May 11, 2006, 12:34:42 am »

Can anyone confirm that seats in Durand No 17 come with the use of the facilities in the ACO grandstand No 18, and whether membership of ACO is necessary to use either of these stands or the facilities?

Thanks in anticipation,
Doug

Huh

SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2006, 08:14:06 am »

Hi Doug,

I believe that Durand is to the right of the ACO stand as you look at it from the pits, and yes you do enter it by going through the ACO front doors. You do not need to have membership to get in if you have a stand ticket.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2006, 08:41:25 am »

But I believe you have to be an ACO member to use the facilities...

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2006, 10:49:31 am »

Thanks gentlemen, good news thus far!

Only the bloomin ridiculous price of the ferries to sort out now!

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2006, 11:01:38 am »

Which ferry route are you thinking of taking?

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2006, 12:04:13 pm »

We have been lucky to get these stand tickets before, we had 15 in 2004 and only 3 of us were members. as i understand it if you are a member then you can use the facilities but the stand ticket gets you the lot.

Andy

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
Douglas
CA Veteran

Cum on hear de noyse!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2006, 12:22:07 pm »

anything from Pompey thursday night back on Monday pm

geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2006, 01:51:50 pm »

hhhhmmmm  you may have left it a bit late for the good prices, but these people http://www.aferry.to/  have a price comparison option, it might be worth a look.

Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2006, 03:03:16 pm »

As far as I know LD Ferries are the only current operators out of Portsmouth .
They have space out Thurs, back Monday. It's via Le Havre. Current quote £210 for a car+2.
http://www.ldline.co.uk/ppc.html
bgeorge104
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2006, 03:06:34 pm »

Durand Grandstand is the ACO Extension to the main ACO stand.
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2006, 08:15:05 pm »

Having been a "member " for a number of year.....It really poi**es me off that the tour companies are allowed to sell tickets in the members grandstand.
Once upon a time we members used toi be able to buy 6 tickets.These days you can only buy,which is a serious problem if you should want to take family and friends on tour!!!! Angry
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2006, 08:24:39 pm »

I agree Wishy, my member has also seen many sunsets and for me the ACOs relationship with the ticket agencies causes a lot of frustration and grief all round. Not as much as Vanessa Feltz though.
Whether or not my winkle could squint at a sunset from the ACO grandstand, I'm not sure, I'll have to check a map. And my winkle.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
wishy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Shed's do track days!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2006, 09:26:21 pm »

H,

The sun at race start is deffo behind the grandstand .....but where it is at sunset ,who knows.......as most of us are making apperances at the Poo Bar and who cares where it is anyway Grin
SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 10:07:58 am »

i hear what you are saying Wishy. on previous years we have bought direct from the ACO via there 2 per member ruling and always got them. 2004 was my stag weekend and we did not have enough members to sort out the tickets so we ended up buying them from those robbing b'stards at airtrack at £150 a piece. This year we ordered 4 from the ACO and were put on a waiting list so we opted to cancel the order and we are now going to be roasting in the pit stands.

Andy

pretzel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

No Llamas here....

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 04:35:08 pm »

Interesting to note that this years tickets (did I mention my tickets have arrived Wink) for the ACO grandstand have 'Bracelet Club Obligatoire' printed on them.

The club bracelet is only available to members and their guests (can't recall how many guests are permitted but it's not many) on production of your membership card at the welcome centre I am assuming that the ACO are limiting numbers available to the wider public a bit.

Unless of course they are sending club bracelets along with tickets to the various agencies.........

A man's got to believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink - W.C. Fields
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: