Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 12:03:06 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: British GT classes  (Read 2018 times)
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« on: May 15, 2006, 06:46:26 pm »

Can someone please explain the difference between GT2 and GTC within the BGT series.

Are the GTC cars out of homologation for GT2?

Planning to go on Sunday, to Donington, and would like to understand why there are some 996 in GTC and some in GT2, and why the new 997 is in GT3.

Thank you in advance.

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2006, 07:35:29 pm »

Good lord, thats far too technical for me to even contemplate answering!!! I will leave this one for the boys and Google...  Cool
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 08:56:57 am »

According to the BGT website....

The 2006 Avon Tyres British GT Championship is open to cars in four classes –
• GT2 – open to cars homologated in the FIA GT2 category or Grand Touring cars produced in small numbers and eligible according to the organisers file.
• GT3 – open to cars that strictly adhere to the FIA GT3 Regulations
• GTC – The basis for this class are the specific regulations for the single-make cups, & the characteristics of production cars amended by the points mentioned in the championship technical regulations. Any modification to the car is forbidden if it is not specifically authorised.
• Invitation class - This class will be for cars, selected by the organisers, which for reason of homologation, production numbers or other reasons do not comply with the regulations for GT2, GTC or GT3.

So now you know....

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Christopher
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

To add speed, just add lightness.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 10:13:01 am »

Other bits of info that have now come my way.....

GT2 cars are what were originally (way back when) GT3 cars. So, you're Porsche GT3 R/RS/RSR, Ferrari 430 (new model) TVR T400R, Mosler MT900R, Panoz Esperantes etc etc.

GTC, is the GT3 class for the British GT Championship. However, they can't call them GT3 cars anymore, as the FIA have launched the official GT3 championship, which runs cars homologated to GT3 (Think, Aston DBRS9, Porsche 997, Corvette C6, Dodge Viper) but they're not as powerful or as race prepped as the GT2 spec cars (and nowhere near a GT1 spec machine) The cars that run in the GTC class are things like: Prosport, Morgan, Porsche 996 (Cup car), Marcos Mantis, etc etc.

There is a GT3 class in the British GT championship, which is there for most up to date cars, (the same that run in the FIA GT3 championship) there are Astons, a pair of brand new Lotus' and a couple (I think) Porsche 997's at Donington.

GTC is run to a strict power to weight ratio, BHP being at the wheels accoring to G-Forces RR in aylesbury, and wieght is the car + the average of the two drivers)

GT3 is basically being 'engineered' to level out performance by specific limits/mods to each car entered. the basic target is to equalise performance to the level of a factory stock 997 GT3.

Where GTC and GT3 will stack up is hard to say, but in theory, GT3 should be faster.

In Brit GT, 997's are not alowed in GTC, and I can't see the 997 being slower than the 996

Le Mans is for the week......not just 24hrs!

When life throws you lemons, bring out the tequila!!

Vodka! Cheaper than Botox and paralyses more muscles!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: