Club Arnage
April 24, 2024, 01:19:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody know.........  (Read 4848 times)
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« on: May 23, 2006, 02:56:24 pm »

........ wether there is a market -as in street market - in Le Mans during the week, if so when and where please, got to keep SWMBO happy  Wink
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 03:03:20 pm »

Yes there is - I have been to it a few times - for nice fruit n veg mostly!!!   Smiley

No doubt Termie can give a more useful reply than that tho!

As Geoff says below its near the Cathedral and seems to pack up around lunchtime, so no slacking in bed with a hangover skorpio!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 03:06:30 pm by Fran » Logged
geoffd
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

Work, The curse of the Drinking Classes

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 03:04:32 pm »

Not sure when (possibly Friday),  but its in the car park near the Cathedral.

Of course I buy green cars, my Aston is green, my MGB is green, my Disco Sport is green,  oh, that's not what you meant by green?
Ferrari Spider
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 03:06:39 pm »

if you go to the LM tourist board website I'm sure they will have a comprehensive list of activities listed by specific week. Grin

I'm sure around 12th -13th June there are racing cars in Place Jacobins, that's near the church, very pretty, also there is a mardi gras type parade on the 16th June also in LM worth a visit.  All things the ball and chain would enjoy Cool
Andyc33
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 03:16:39 pm »

Found this:

This daily market takes place on the Place du Marche that sell the usual bric a brac on a Monday, Fridays there is also local foods. On Sundays the market moves to place du Jet-d'Eau, to catch the punters from the Cathedral I suppose. This is the biggest market day and you can stock up on home made cheese's, fruit and vegetables, or purchase a gift to take home.

Here:
http://www.travel-library.com/shortbreaks/europe/france/le_mans/
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 03:50:27 pm »

If you're driving in on Monday, check out Mamers for a great street market (cheese man likes to practice his English so will set you up with the best smelly stuff to put in your tent to keep the thieves out) and  good place for a short stop.  Just about 40 mins north of the great City of LM and a good alternative route if you come off the m'way at Alencon.  Also, Bonnetable has a market Tuesdays.  Biggest problem with both of these is that they interupt the serious business of scrutineering but if it keeps the peace....
The usual big street markets in Le Mans (Jacobins) tend to get interupted by something else that's going on there.
Marketdays in the Sarthe that I've found so far are : Mondays : La Ferte Bernard, Mamers.  Tuesdays : Beaumont, Bonnetable, Bouloire, Ecommoy, Loue.  Wednesdays : Ballon, Le Grand Luce, Sille le Guillaume.  Thursdays: Conlie, Le Lude, Marolles le Braults, La Suze sur Sarthe, Tuffe.  Fridays : Malicorne, Pontvallaie, Vibraye.  Saturdays (well, if you're around the previous weekend) Allonnes, Brulon, Fresnay sur Sarthe and Montfort le Gesnois.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2006, 04:28:47 pm by termietermite » Logged

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
skorpio
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 05:04:50 pm »

Thanks all, much appreciated, anything for a "quiet" life  Wink   Grin

.........and Fran, what's this hangover thing  surely only get them with over indulgent drinking of alcohol  Roll Eyes 

........not something many of us would do surely  Roll Eyes  I mean, such "pillars of society" that we all are  Roll Eyes Wink Grin Grin Grin
gab
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 07:27:36 am »

...I was at a small weekday market in Arnage village (acoss from the old Super U) the past few years but cannot remember what weekday it was Huh
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 11:11:02 am »

Arnarge street market is on Saturday mornings.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: