Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 04:24:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Do carrefour Sell Turkeys  (Read 25710 times)
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 06:13:39 pm »

There are advantages to the live turkey. Fresh tastes better than frozen and you don't need ice/cooler to prevent spoilage. A simple collar with leash attached and you're ready to go. As long as you don't become emotionally attached or make her the CA mascot, you should be good to go.

Isn't it rather cruel to string a live turkey up by it's neck and drop it arse-first into a vat of boiling oil? Even the French might balk at such behaviour. It's bound to put up a fight and flap around so splashing hot oil onto those nearby. And what about plucking it, there'd be a hell of a racket I'm sure, although some folk might mistake it for the sound of The Gimp buggering a heron again.

I bet the deep-fried wattles are tasty though.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
wadespeed1

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2006, 11:15:58 pm »

deep fried buggered Heron?
Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2006, 01:30:26 am »

Mark,

Why go to all that expense buying a Dreep fat Frier.  Take em over to Felix I'm sure he could do something for you.

T.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2006, 10:53:18 am »

Mark,

Why go to all that expense buying a Dreep fat Frier.  Take em over to Felix I'm sure he could do something for you.

T.

Well, having let us down for the last two years I don't know if anyone will save him a pitch this year! Plus I'm sure the Turkey would come out smelling of fish!!

Still, if he reassures us he'll be on MB this year then it saves a lot of trouble  Smiley
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2006, 11:08:11 am »

There are advantages to the live turkey. Fresh tastes better than frozen and you don't need ice/cooler to prevent spoilage. A simple collar with leash attached and you're ready to go. As long as you don't become emotionally attached or make her the CA mascot, you should be good to go.

And maybe take some of this along too, just in case.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2006, 07:07:56 pm »

OK, it looks like the Turkey Fryer is a go-er, being brought over by a Team Impala Gorilla!!

So, teh quest is definately on for Turkeys. Also, termietermite, could you check and see if Carrefour (or any other supplier) does Peanut Oil in large quantities.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 31, 2006, 10:50:35 am »

Sorry about the delay, a couple of chaps were making a hole in my ceiling for the staircase to go in so the PC was offline for the day!
Local supermarket here had plenty of "cuisses" - thigh and drumstick joints, but whole turkeys only available on the buchery counter by request.  I'll start a "huile de cacahuete" quest asap but a certain bit of scrutineering starts Friday....

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2006, 11:06:34 am »

Back again.  I have e-mailed Carrefour about the peanut oil.  Will let you know.  Also, I have found butcher in Arnarge village who has an e-mail address so have also e-mailed him.  Will PM you with replies.

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2006, 11:16:24 am »

Thanks Termie!!
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2006, 11:44:56 am »

Surely one of our Norfolk contingent, perhaps Jay or Chris Beattie, could help us out here? Norfolk is infested with the wretched things; in fact turkey farming is the only viable industry in the area.

Flobee1kenobi

Team YFDS

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2006, 02:54:10 pm »

I dont know your turkey frying experience level, but it only takes 3.5 minutes per  pound. And if you bring a frozen one with you, dont drop it into the oil unless you make very sure it has thawed completely-it could explode(no joke)

I've done several myself and I think it tastes better than the traditional, all day cooking method

LeMans Newbie, but a Mid-Ohio, Sebring Veteran
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2006, 03:10:06 pm »

I  And if you bring a frozen one with you, dont drop it into the oil unless you make very sure it has thawed completely-it could explode(no joke)

How can you possibly say an exploding frozen turkey is no joke? It sounds absolutely side-splittingly hilarious to me. Cheesy

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2006, 04:13:10 pm »

I dont know your turkey frying experience level, but it only takes 3.5 minutes per  pound. And if you bring a frozen one with you, dont drop it into the oil unless you make very sure it has thawed completely-it could explode(no joke)

I've done several myself and I think it tastes better than the traditional, all day cooking method

Don't worry, the first frying will be overseen by an experienced campaigner from Turn 10!!
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2006, 04:20:16 pm »

I'll bring me bun.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2006, 04:32:00 pm »

Yes!! A thread about turkeys!!

Thaw and inject the turkey prior to departure

Jesus H Christ in a dark alleyway!!

How the hell do you do that, is it meant to iron out the wrinkles or provide an out of body experience? I suppose you could inject it up your rectum, but that's hardly intravenous, at least not with my rectum, and I'd guess it would make a long stay in the grandstands pretty impractical. Maybe the "departure" wadespeed refers to is the great one to which we are all heading, - and I'd say a turkey up your ar*e would certainly hasten things along.

it could explode

I'd pay a lot of money to see this. It could provide more entertainment than the race. If I was a less sober person I would propose a competition to see who can get their turkey to explode at the greatest height. You've got to admit, they're a versatile bird.

Turkey for everyone!!
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: