Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 09:17:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HOUX ROUNDABOUT FRIDAY  (Read 27213 times)
neilsie
CA Veteran

KK

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2006, 02:58:57 pm »

a few of us were going round the roundabout on friday.

we stopped due to:

1) too many people
2) people throwing fireworks underneath the car
3) water bombs thrown at us - they fekking hurt when they dont explode and some british twat slammed it directly on my head.  when i got out the car to ask why, he ran away. 
4) the last reason was beer directly poured into the car.   My mate jumped out of the following car to ask physically him why; luckily for said twat, my mate  and we had to stop the twat being knocked to the ground.

for fuks sake, we put on a show, which cost my mate a set of tyres, half a tank of fuel and a clutch.  the idiots ruined it for everyone else.

this was us:

Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

I see you Baby, shaking your Ass

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2006, 05:23:20 pm »

My group always keep well away from the roundabout or between MB and Bleu.  As we are normally in a bunch of loud, lairy, open topped cars, crowds EXPECT us to perform.
I know the price of my tyres and my bodywork and the un-nerving ability my car has for snap loss of traction at the rear end and a tendancy to kick sideways.

Perhaps I'm an old fart who has gone all responsible and sensible, but I don't relish the aftermarth of a sideways incident gone wrong and half a dozen dead and dying bystanders who have been wiped out by 1.5 tonnes of car.

So, if I don't 'perform', why the f**k should I be soaked and jeered by a bunch of beered up arseholes?

Steve East Anglian cobras

SmithA
CA Veteran

smithytours.co.uk

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2006, 05:29:38 pm »

we went past blue n i think it was traveling towards the main entrance at about 2.30 in the afternoon on the friday when we saw a large old american convertable deciding to do a burn out to please the crowd,  egged on by quite a few people as well. as he tried to start the wheels spinning there was a loud bang and all went quiet from the spectators. i think it was a drive shaft that went. i doubt he will be doing that agin next year.

LM 00, 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07 - LMS Silverstone 05 - Donington 06 - Jarama 06 - Monza 07 - Valencia 07 - Silverstone 07
24hourman
CA Veteran

Racing is life everything else is just waiting

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2006, 05:39:08 pm »

I also think that it is all going a bit too far  what was for a while good humoured fun on Friday outside Maison Blanche turned into complete thuggery and intimidation including the opening of coach belly lockers and the stealing of others peoples property.

Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2006, 05:39:59 pm »

why the f**ck should I be soaked and jeered by a bunch of beered up arseholes?

Well you came to see us on MB a few times!  Wink

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2006, 06:17:44 pm »

We paid a brief visit to the annexe roundabout and saw some clown in a French plated Pug (a hire car?) understeer his way round countless times. not alot of skill needed there, but it was lucky for his mate that he did not run into something solid as he has one leg out the window and the other on the dash, his knackers would have been ripped off had he shot forward.

He looked very cool, and we where in complete of awe.

Top marks to the Dutch guys with the flat bed and trailer. the fire hose and pump cooled alot of people down!

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2006, 06:27:07 pm »

why the f**ck should I be soaked and jeered by a bunch of beered up arseholes?

Well you came to see us on MB a few times!  Wink

Bugger, I forgot about that  Roll Eyes

Jay (Team Cannonball)
CA Veteran

Guided by a force greater than curry.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2006, 06:32:22 pm »

When I first went 5 years ago we were camped right out the back of the Houx Annexe roundabout and after some clown lost it in a caterham and came straight for our tent only being prevented from wiping it and us out by a very unfortunate tree, I have stayed away from there. I much prefer the safer fun to be had in Le Mans town centre on the Friday.
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2006, 06:48:24 pm »

When I first went 5 years ago we were camped right out the back of the Houx Annexe roundabout and after some clown lost it in a caterham and came straight for our tent only being prevented from wiping it and us out by a very unfortunate tree, I have stayed away from there. I much prefer the safer fun to be had in Le Mans town centre on the Friday.
We were aiming for the town but the bus queue was phonomenal.  Can't wait for that tramway... Spent a fun half hour at the roundabout but that was evidently before things got out of hand.  Definately didn't want to be near the front though and certainly cursed the clowns who just chucked their beer bottles on the ground for the rest of us to fall over.  Any news on the newlyweds in the Picasso and the couple in the Carmen Ghia replica whom it is said were stretchered off? Undecided

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Papa Lazarou

Driving slowly to make you all look faster...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2006, 07:10:53 pm »

a few of us were going round the roundabout on friday.

we stopped due to:

1) too many people
2) people throwing fireworks underneath the car
3) water bombs thrown at us - they fekking hurt when they dont explode and some british tw**t slammed it directly on my head.  when i got out the car to ask why, he ran away. 
4) the last reason was beer directly poured into the car.   My mate jumped out of the following car to ask physically him why; luckily for said tw**t, my mate  and we had to stop the tw**t being knocked to the ground.

for fuks sake, we put on a show, which cost my mate a set of tyres, half a tank of fuel and a clutch.  the idiots ruined it for everyone else.

this was us:

Has Bernies car made it back yet, I wonder?  What hire car did he get lumped with in the end?

Lawnmower Man
Homme de Tondeuse! 42%
Administrator
Club Arnage God

I'd rather have another Tropillama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2006, 09:29:44 pm »

I fully agree with Smokie, Steve and the others.

I avoid the bit outside MB/Blue Sud and Houx.   My car is nothing fancy but you can't really spin the wheels due to Engine management/traction control etc.   

Add to that if the car should get damaged I have to explain that to the Car fleet manager.  The company are good enough to provide the documentation and recovery service at no cost to me.   The least I can do is try to get the car there and back in one piece.

I'm a bit supprised they have not clamped down on it myself after that Beema totalled a 2CV a few years ago.   I think it was the shunt at Indianapolis that mean you can't drive that section anymore.  I guess that the adopt a policy of if kill themseves it's not a problem.

t.

La Légend s` écrit sous vos yeux.
Martini...LB
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Not even stirring...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2006, 09:48:32 pm »

Well, I shall not go again,
1. some twat in a clio going 'round and 'round with his nob passenger hanging his leg out of the window
2. no consideration for drivers safety or car, or even motorbikes, as water pistols were used to spray heads,faces,eyes
3. even worse some sprayed were driving classic cars
4. Idiot with MX5 who ran people over on the actual roundabout... try a driving school
5, another one with a Nissan who could not get the arse out
6, nob on a petrol scooter riding around with his leg out

7, AND WHAT ABOUT THE COMPLETE NOBS WHO TURNED THE DIRECTIONAL SIGN THE WRONG WAY AROUND ON THE ROUNDABOUT, THIS CAUGHT TWO PEOPLE OUT THAT I SAW, ONE A NEAR MISS.
You know who you you are...was it a black tshirt with yellow writing?

Thanks to the two BMW drivers who did donuts

>Martini...

l'abus d'alcool est dangereux pour la santé , à consommer avec modération
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2006, 10:05:27 pm »

the un-nerving ability my car has for snap loss of traction at the rear end and a tendancy to kick sideways

Blimey - glad I didnt know that at the last track day!   Shocked
nickliv
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2006, 10:13:58 pm »

4. Idiot with MX5 who ran people over on the actual roundabout... try a driving school

My dad ended up on the bonnet of the MX5 - it was trying to do a donut, but found grip half way round and drove onto the roundabout. We were already standing back, as he had almost driven on before.

No lasting damage. Thanks if you came up and checked if he was OK.
Steve Pyro
Houx Annexe veteran
Administrator
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2006, 10:18:49 pm »

the un-nerving ability my car has for snap loss of traction at the rear end and a tendancy to kick sideways

Blimey - glad I didnt know that at the last track day!   Shocked

All perfectly controllable on a racing track or runway with runoffs and no pedestrians 5 feet away Fran.  Kiss

Were you aware my better half span the Trans Am 720 degrees at the October track day?  No damage to the car, other cars or herself - just a slight loss of bottle  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: