Club Arnage
April 24, 2024, 09:12:01 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2006 - notmuch of a race but still fun !  (Read 9388 times)
nice_person1
CA Veteran

Audis on rails

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2006, 06:34:45 pm »

Well, if it wssn't for the fact that it was a historic race with a diesel winner, the actual race was fairly lame.

However, we got a tour of the Panoz pit on Thursday and were well chuffed to see the Farnbacher 911 lose the lead with 45 mins to go  Grin

Karting Nord seemed quieter than usual on Friday and Saturday.  However, this was made up for (in a bad way) by a tw**t with an Evo who would sit in his car and rev it for about 10 minutes each night to get flame outs on the overrun.  I'm sure he got a kick out of the "kids" who came to pay homage each time  Roll Eyes

Even more Danes this year and they know how to party  Grin  We popped into their massive party-tent on Friday night.  Man, there were rows or Bier-Keller-esque tables and benches.  With beer, fags and hotdogs/chips for sale they were well sorted !  They were going mad to some bloke called Den Skringende Skinke who had them all on the tables (except the bloke who fell off !) to his rendition of "Break my Heart".  I'd not heard it before, but they seemed to all know the words.

Showers and bogs were well-maintained by the poodle family (poodle sporting a shaved look this year  Grin).

The village wasn't bad but needs more concrete to reduce the dust problem.  Those with Asthma suffer I know.  Be good to see the fully finished product next year.  Enjoyed watching the T.W.A.T.S. slowly making their way up the lampost on Saturday night Cheesy

We were very happy with the grub at the Shanghai at Hunaudiers.  Prices were very good too  Wink

Lastly, and most importantly, a massive thanks from us for the completely brilliant CA Guide.  We got so much from this and it should definitely be the "bible" going forward for all Le Mansers.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2006, 06:36:51 pm by nice_person1 » Logged
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2006, 10:55:29 am »

You obviously weren't watching the nail-biting pit visits by the RML and the Seikel Porsche problems that gave LNT its final-hour victory.  Or the pit crew races between Pratt & Miller and Prodrive.  My recommendation if you want to enjoy the race more? - get your head out of LMP1 and watch the fun in the other classes.
Glad you had a great time - as, I think, we all did. Grin Grin

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
yellowperil

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2006, 11:21:32 am »

Smiley My first time in karting nord and your right very quiet except for the guy with the evo which was just behind us, Was just waiting for it to go bang now that would have been great to see Grin
Robbo SPS
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Go Your Own Way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 12:10:30 am »

The top class will always get most views, as its gets all the publicity.

The AStons vs Vettes was good and ace to see the RML lads get a win again, with what was simulat to the origional EX257 from 2001/2.

We spoke to them on Thursday at a pit visit and they seemed confident.

SHame it was run by a Diesel.

I dop think the same regs should apply, 4 litre turbo or 6lts aspirated, then we wouldnt see the tractors win . And if we did, THAT would be a feat of enginerring

Take life by the horns and live it.
Rhino
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Team Booze'n'tabs

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2006, 09:30:58 pm »

Had you been drinking when you posted this Robbo Grin

Never argue with an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 11:46:32 pm »

Rhino, I think what happens next to Robbo's computer should stay next to his computer. ..

Cheesy

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 12:32:40 am »

Blimey Perdu - keep up at the back - you are answering a post from 12 July!!

Roll Eyes
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 09:45:10 pm »

Shh Fran.

I have (oops had!) a cunning plan.

Forget what it was now though. Penalty of old age... Sad

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
Pages: [1]   Go Up