Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 10:28:09 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toyota question  (Read 4260 times)
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« on: July 09, 2006, 02:57:29 pm »

The Toyota 94CV from 1994 in the museum has the names Irvine, Martini, Krosnoff and Ratzenberger above the door. The car finished 2nd but Ratzenberger did not drive for Toyota that year as he was killed at Imola along with Senna a few weeks before.

He did drive a Toyota 92 CV in 1993 with Martini and Nagasaka and finished 5th. Is the name on the door of the 94 museum car there purely as a tribute to him or was he originally the intended driver?

One for Fax or Nordic. I don't know the answer, I'm just curious

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Werner
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2006, 03:14:12 pm »

Ratzenbergers name on the door was a tribute to him, he was originally contracted to drive that car. The whole SARD Toyota team visited Roland's grave and his family in the week after the 1994 Le Mans - he had been driving for this team since 1991.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2006, 03:18:07 pm by Werner » Logged

"… to be honest, I did it purely for the money at first. I went to Le Mans
hoping that the car would break down. I came away in love with the place." - Eddie Irvine
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2006, 03:17:51 pm »

Thanks Werner

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fax
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 03:21:22 pm »

Sadly Jeff Krosnoff would be lost (along with a marshal) just a couple of years later at the Tornoto CART round also.
Fax
Mr. Rick
Club Arnage God

Mulsanne on a sunny June Sunday; it's a hard life!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 05:42:34 pm »

I did an article for this on MB a few years back. Apols for the quality of the photos, these are all I had available! The article basically is about Eddie Irvine but there is a fair chunk about the 94 Toyota.

Link http://www.maisonblanche.co.uk/irvinelm.html

Along with three very squiffy mates, we accosted Eddie after the podium bits and he was more than happy to chat at length with us about this right after the event! I know many people are not too fond of Irv the Swerve but the fact that he was more than happy to talk b*llocks and have photies taken with us so soon after such a massive disappointment speaks volumes of the chap!

Cheers

Rick
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: