Club Arnage
June 17, 2024, 01:50:27 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: light amusing read for Wednesday  (Read 2219 times)
vqdave
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

world humbering

View Profile WWW
« on: July 12, 2006, 11:52:20 am »

A magazine recently ran a "Dilbert Quotes" contest. They were looking for people to submit quotes from their real-life Dilbert-type managers.  These were voted the top ten quotes for in corporate te America, circa 2004:

"As of tomorrow, employees will only be able to access the building using individual security cards. Pictures will be taken next Wednesday, and employees will receive their cards in two weeks."
(This was the winning quote from Fred Dales, Microsoft Corp. in Redmond WA)

"What I need is an exact list of specific unknown problems we might encounter."
(Lykes Lines Shipping)

"E-mail is not to be used to pass on information or data. It should be used only for company business." (Accounting manager, Electric Boat Company)

"This project is so important we can't let things that are more important interfere with it."
(Advertising/Marketing manager, United Parcel Service)

"Doing it right is no excuse for not meeting the schedule."
(Plant Manager, Delco Corporation)

"No one will believe you solved this problem in one day! We've been working on it for months. Now go act busy for a few weeks and I'll let you know when it's time to tell them."
(R&D supervisor, Minnesota Mining and Manufacturing/3M Corp.)

Quote from the Boss: "Teamwork is a lot of people doing what I say."
(Marketing executive, Citrix Corporation)

My sister passed away and her funeral was scheduled for Monday. When I told my Boss, he said she died on purpose so that I would have to miss work on the busiest day of the year. He then asked if we could change her burial to Friday. He said, "That would be better for me."
(Shipping executive, FTD Florists)

"We know that communication is a problem, but the company is not going to discuss it with the employees."
(Switching supervisor, AT&T Long Lines Division

Matt Harper
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2006, 07:48:39 pm »

The really sad thing about all this Dave, is that the 'managers' who spout all this bollocks, don't have a clue what utter arseholes they are.
From my own personal experience, an ex-boss of mine told me, "Of course, you know where you've gone wrong - you've employed smart people".
His side-kick once screamed at me before slamming the phone down, "I refuse to argue about this anymore - you're always right!"

If it\'s good and fast, it won\'t be cheap. If it\'s fast and cheap, it won\'t be good. If it\'s good and cheap, it won\'t be fast.
hgb
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

You don't win Le Mans - you outlast it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 08:58:01 pm »

This... is not new to me !!!

I don't care - I'm a racing driver and I'm here to win, not to finish third.
nickliv
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 10:58:31 pm »

Editor of the daily mirror the day cap'm bob went for a bit of a swim, was interviewed on the evening news, and said (I'm NOT making this up)

'I don't think he would have thrown himself off the boat, I spoke to him yesterday afternoon, and he was in a very buoyant mood'
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 12:46:57 am »

I missed that one  Grin Grin Grin

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: