Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 11:33:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ice - Help please Gilles  (Read 7361 times)
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2003, 01:20:43 pm »

As many of us are going to be looking for an ice suply at Le Mans, I was wondering if someone local (Gilles perhaps) who has a freezer could help us out. A campsite I stayed on in Southern Brittany a couple of years ago had the novel idea of freezing three quarter full bottles of water. Place them stood upright in the freezer for half a day and they set nice and hard. You can then either use them as a large ice block or cut the plastic away and break the ice up over your beers.  Smiley

So, the question is, would anyone local have space in their freezer to be able to help us with this??  Smiley
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 02:38:15 pm »

Nice idea, but I won't have neough room available in my freezer to provide all of you ice.

I gonna try to do my best however as I've got several fridges...
... call me when you'll need ice, the delivery could not be so fast as I won't be able to leave my job at every time.

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
mstreet
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 02:49:23 pm »

Gilles, do any local supermarche sell bags of ice...?
TonyT
CA Veteran

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 02:55:43 pm »

We got some in a garage last year on the way into town.
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 03:09:20 pm »

We got solid blocks of ice in the Super U two years ago but they were something like £2 a block and not that big!!
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2003, 03:20:36 pm »

How much are freezers in France?  The other alternative is we club together, buy Gilles a freezer, he can then freeze the ice, or refreeze our ice packs, and at the end of the weekend throw the freezer awway, or sell it!

Bearing in mind how many people have headed down there already might be best left to next year!

The other alternative is for Gilles to sell the ice from the stand he is manning.  One way of attracting potential purchasers!
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2003, 03:42:43 pm »

Found a local company today called Just Ice. They are teh ones who provide the ice selling freezers to petrol stations etc here in the UK.

I aksed them about taking a chiller unit iwth ice down to Le Mans but was told that they have 40 Tonnes of ice to supply to Ascot next week so couldn't do it  Sad

Next year though........watch this space!!
Kpy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a Le Manster

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2003, 03:44:38 pm »

You may be amused to know that I approached the Marketing Department of the ACO last year, asking for a concession to sell ice. I was quite happy to drive around all the campsites selling the stuff off a refrigerated van.

The stroppy cow in charge told me there was no call for it!

I'm afraid I was rude enough to her to make it impossible for me to go back there. Gave me great saisfaction all the same.
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2003, 03:58:03 pm »

the reason the ACO don't want anyone selling ice, is so you go to the village/circuit and buy their expensive low alcahol COLD beer!
you must learn to take your own, we have over 100litres frozen, depart thursday and it's still frozen on sunday. want to know how? then you will have to bribe us!

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2003, 04:06:25 pm »

And what would it take to bribe you?? I've already posted you some CA Window Stickers today   Cheesy
president
CA Veteran

I'm a T.W.A.T. and proud of it

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2003, 04:22:05 pm »

I can't give away our secrets to full members only junior members until I become one! Roll Eyes

not long now...I'm p!ss!ng myself with excitement
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2003, 04:25:59 pm »

I'd better slow down then otherwise I'll be a senior member by then  Grin
nopanic - neil
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2003, 05:00:23 pm »

[][/ Tongue]

Last year the guys next to us took a small freezer, which they ran off a small generator. So they use to run it for a few hours & chill the beers - great system.

And if you left the beer in the freezer to long , then you got a beer slush puppy.
 Grin                 Grin                    Grin

If you're going through hell, keep going.
Chrisgr31
CA Veteran

Who wants a beer?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2003, 05:12:59 pm »

[][/ Tongue]

And if you left the beer in the freezer to long , then you got a beer slush puppy.
 Grin                 Grin                    Grin

I had one of those from my gas fridge when I went to Hovercraft racing in Southampton.  The problem was getting the beer slush puppy out of the bottle!
Gilles
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2003, 05:18:20 pm »

I really don't know if my boss will be happy I sell ice on his stand !!!! I'm here to sell magazines not ice !!!

KPy, do you really need ACO agreement to sell ice ? Just try to be discret!!! You're really too honest !!!!  Wink

Tomorrow, I gonna book maybe 6 to 10 MB pitch, as a global CA booking seems being impossible to satisfy. If I obtain only 2 or 3 I gonna run CA hospitality with ice factory. People from other campsittes will just have to walk !!!!!

But for 2003, I can produce some ice, but I hardly can't deliver it !!! And I can't wait at home for your visit. I only will try to have fresh bottles of champagne.

Kpy you gonna have a freezer in your romm and an extra one on an other room if yuou need it, but ice delivery is not a job for an official journalist  Wink !!!!

Le Mans is life, anything before and after is just waiting...

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: