Club Arnage
April 25, 2024, 12:53:40 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone going to Twickenham this Sunday?  (Read 11533 times)
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« on: October 31, 2006, 11:13:55 am »

Sorry, haven't posted for a while, new job, moving house and all that!

Just checking if anyone is there for the match, should be there from about 11.30 with Gazza.

Pitbull is going the week after for the Argentina game.

Anyone going and fancy meeting for a pint or two?

Any married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people
remembering the same thing
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2006, 11:33:35 am »

I wish. The only tickets I can find for sale are £350 for a hospitality package.

Unless you want to sell me your's. That journey up the M3 can be a real bastard on Sundays. I suggest that you watch it in the comfort of your own home. Just think of the warmth and comfort, cold beer, food and you won't have to pay 15 quid to park in a field at Richmond College. Don't worry about the unused tickets I'll make sure they go to a good home.

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Stu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2006, 12:18:47 pm »

I also wish as a few of my mates are going. I'll be putting big f**k*ng xmas decorations up in a large shopping centre at Sheffield. Keeps the wolves from the door though. Have a good time.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2006, 02:21:31 pm »

Not much point in you Poms going to the game to watch the mighty All Blacks kick English butt.  I think you should give the tickets to me.  At least I'll be supporting the winning team.   Grin Grin Grin

Live imperfectly and with great delight.
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2006, 02:25:09 pm »

I wish. The only tickets I can find for sale are £350 for a hospitality package.

And being an HA camper you can't afford those I suppose?

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Robspot
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2006, 02:25:55 pm »

Not much point in you Poms going to the game to watch the mighty All Blacks kick English butt.  I think you should give the tickets to me.  At least I'll be supporting the winning team.   Grin Grin Grin

Typical bloody Kiwis. Turn up as soon as rugby is mentioned!  Grin

I always stay too long. Long enough for something to go wrong
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2006, 02:29:51 pm »

Typical bloody Kiwis. Turn up as soon as rugby is mentioned!  Grin

And Beer...   Grin

BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2006, 03:13:10 pm »

Rugby! Rugby??
What's the point of that then, it's not even a proper game, and it's certainly not played by proper men. It is, as I'm sure you'll agree, a badly patched up ball game designed to boost Barbour sales and provide a cover for latent (and blatent) homosexuality, bad dress sense and BO. Just the call alone "anyone going to Twickenham this weekend?" has deviants all over Surrey and Middlesex diving into public conveniences, stretching to the limit our already threadbare public services and marriage guidance facilities. No, the beautiful game is football I'm afraid.
I mean, have you been in the foyer at Twickenham lately, right there, in the middle, bold as brass, is a sculpture depicting two men wearing indecently short shorts, in very close contact, - and there's no easy way to say this, one of them actually has his head up the other ones arse! Christ alone only knows what goes on in the dressing rooms.
No, I'll be staying home and arranging my collection of victorian clay pipes, thank you.
H

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2006, 03:32:47 pm »

It's not a matter of being able to afford them or not. I've picked up tickets for the Argentina game a week later for 46 quid each. What would I get for the extra £304?

I'd get to see The All Blacks, a buffet that will probably be no better than the average wedding fare and a few glasses of warm cheap Champagne.  Call it supply and demand if you like but it is the same at any big sporting event the true fan is always ripped off.
If the RFU had got any bollocks they would tell the agencies and hostpitality companys to go f**k themselves and sell the tickets to the real fans.

The same thing is starting to happen at Le Mans, how long before we all have to camp in Alencon or beyond whilst all our campsites are turned into suites full of chinless wonders who wouldn't know an Audi R10 from Rugby XV.

I won't pay their overinflated prices f**k em

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
BigH
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

They've lumps of it round the back.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2006, 03:35:59 pm »

If the RFU had got any bollocks

Bob mate, you want to see that statue I'm on about...

Always with the negative waves Moriarty, always with the negative waves...
Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2006, 04:36:18 pm »

Call it supply and demand if you like but it is the same at any big sporting event the true fan is always ripped off.
If the RFU had got any bollocks they would tell the agencies and hostpitality companys to go f**ck themselves and sell the tickets to the real fans.

Trouble is Bob using the old tickets to local clubs to be entered into a ballot still doesn't work, unfortunately there are clubs and certain individuals that will still sell their ticket allocation on the quiet to make (1) extra cash for the club (2) more likely - extra cash for themselves....

At the end of the day I agree the real fan does suffer, but show me a way of making ticket allocation fair, I've not seen one yet.

Anyway I'll have a beer or two for you on Sunday the M3 won't be touched as I shall be partaking in a few more than is wise... you could always meet with Pitbull for the Argentina game he is in the West Stand up with the gods!!

Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2006, 04:41:14 pm »

The only tickets I can find for sale are £350 for a hospitality package.

Look harder Bob.  I've found tickets for £70.20 inc booking fee.  No dodgy buffet and warm champers.  Just lots of beer in the Orange Tree beforehand.  Grin

Abs
CA Veteran

Boys at TVR do it again!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2006, 04:57:04 pm »

The only tickets I can find for sale are £350 for a hospitality package.

Look harder Bob.  I've found tickets for £70.20 inc booking fee.  No dodgy buffet and warm champers.  Just lots of beer in the Orange Tree beforehand.  Grin

Sh1t, mine were direct with the ERSC and they had a face value of £55 so £70 ain't bad at all... go on Bob do it you know you want to...

Nobby Diesel
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2006, 05:02:20 pm »

Not going this week, but yes to all the other Autumn fixtures and the 6 Nations. Grin

Take a look here:-

http://www.gumtree.com/london/2521_1.html

Quite a few on there at sensible prices. Some posts say they are still available from Ticketmaster.

Good luck.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
Doris
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Eating's Cheating!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2006, 05:06:59 pm »

Some posts say they are still available from Ticketmaster.

Indeed they are.  That's where I looked.   Wink

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: