Club Arnage
April 27, 2024, 07:00:03 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Question about Friday?  (Read 2531 times)
BSE rob
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« on: June 10, 2003, 10:00:29 pm »

Have i missed something, is the track not open on friday afternoon this year?  i picked up a thread below that the road is being closed on friday at 2pm.  Can somebody throw some light on this please?

many thanks Grin
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2003, 11:13:09 pm »

That's certainly what they seem to be saying. It sounds like the new government in France is clamping down big time on road traffic offences so beware. Apparently they are all kitted out with new speed guns and the fines now are huge compared to before. Also, I've heard that if you are caught doing 40kmh over the speed limit, you will be banned from driving for 30 days and your license confiscated.

Lets be careful!!
BSE rob
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2003, 11:40:29 pm »

Thanks for that, looks like we had better get there a bit earlier this year then, shame because the friday has always been the one of the best bits.

As far as I was aware the top fine was about £500 so if they now get you for more than that it starting to get ever so slightly on the stiff side for us poor old suffolk boys.  Better check the batteries in the detector again otherwise I might as well leave the 993 at home and take something a little less tempting on the right foot like a JCB, now that would be something different, what a vantage point you would get in the bucket!  Stands, who needs em!

BryanC
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2003, 11:46:06 pm »

Thats bad - very bad !

It looks like a drive to Chartres for the 'pose' in the town square before coming back for the Friday pit lane walk.

For those that remember the Mad Friday Ferrari crash 2 years ago, will commiserate (?) with my mate who was on the receiving end and never came back after his first ever visit to Le Mans was spoilt by that twit.

We were there last year and plod was getting pretty miffed at the normal motoring exhibitions before closing the road from mid afternoon. Tsst - I suppose it was expected to happen sometime - pity we did not have a suitable substitute venue planned.

Stay cool

Bryan C

And you know what they call a... a... a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2003, 11:46:45 pm »

I think £500/£600 is about right. I'm thinking back a few years to when you could do 150mph on the Autoroute and get a £30 fine and waved on your way!!

Also, don't forget, radar detectors in your car are illegal in France!! If they catch you with one, you are liable to a similar size fine and they will confiscate it (often stamping on it in the road in front of you  Angry)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: