Club Arnage
April 18, 2024, 02:05:14 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bus Lane Bollards  (Read 9143 times)
SteveB
CA Veteran

I'm a llamanser

View Profile
« on: November 17, 2006, 08:17:31 pm »

The council in Manchester ( I believe )installed some retractable bollards to stop people using bus lanes. 

It's causing a bit of uproar with the public. Click on the link to find out why...

NB Keep an eye on the windscreen of the white van...

http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/flvplayer.swf?file=http://media.biertijd.com/movies/200610/onderen.flv&autostart=true&fs=true

"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried." - David Brent
Bob U
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

You're either at Le Mans, or waiting for Le Mans!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 08:23:14 pm »

Grin Grin What sort of dozy twat would attempt to beat them Roll Eyes

There is a corner of a foreign field that will be forever England ------ Houx Annexe

And the bastards have built on it.
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 08:47:45 pm »

I feel rather disappointed that I havent seen this for myself!! I will head of to the appropriate place this weekend with a folding chair and picnic basket.  Grin

It is VERY clearly marked as not being access for Joe Public tho, so they are getting what they deserve really.   Roll Eyes

F
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 09:18:52 pm »

The guy in this pic (who ran across the gravel trap about 20 times to replace the bollards at the Dunlop chicane in the half hour we were sitting there) would have been very grateful if these had been installed at LM!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/97986095@N00/299599863/

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
SteveB
CA Veteran

I'm a llamanser

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 10:10:13 pm »

It does make you wonder how these people have driving licenses..and how would you claim on your insurance...?

"If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried." - David Brent
Perdu
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

llama's in the basement mixing up the medicine

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2006, 03:48:42 pm »

It's dead worrying knowing that wherever we are there is a prairierat like this in a car somewhere near me...

It is strangely reassuring though that it isn't only Belgian built Mondeos that collect half a gallon of water in the head lights.

Grin!

"Ha ha you can't a fool me, there ain't a no sanity clause!"
il Cavallino

Drinking for Holland

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2006, 08:18:48 pm »

Dumb fucks. You know that's gonna happen and it can complety ruin you car.

Drinking for Holland
MIKE C (Liverpool Boys)
CA Veteran

How f---ing fast was That!!! Time for a Low Flyer!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2006, 01:17:19 pm »

It is amazing how stupid some people can be. Put them in a car, and they leave their brains at home. I think I'll join Fran, it should be fun on the run up to Christmas.

Roll on June and the lush grass of BN!!!
ChrisConsidine
Club Arnage Administrator
CA Veteran

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 03:01:22 am »

That's hilarious.  We don't have those in the US but we do have speed bumps.  Check out what happens when a large speed bump is placed and the city tells no one... http://stadium.weblogsinc.com/autoblog/videos/autoblog_speedbump.mov

The Lamborghini is the best by far.

-Chris

Chris Considine
CXC Simulations
www.cxcsimulations.com
Andy
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

I'm not a llama! I'm a Le Mans'er

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 08:48:17 pm »

Fran, as a good friend please don't have a picnic there with mobile W******s like that out there.
one you can't run that fast, two we want you at LM,& three no one else passes arsy compliments. Grin

Andy
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 09:11:03 pm »

Fran, as a good friend please don't have a picnic there with mobile W******s like that out there.
one you can't run that fast, two we want you at LM,& three no one else passes arsy compliments. Grin

Dont worry Andy.... there is a rather handy viewing balcony just in front of M&S which is as good as any Tribune and safely out of the way!

As regards the ar*e -   Wink  - what happens in Bleu stays in Bleu - unless of course you have defected to MB next year!!

F
Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 09:24:08 pm »

As regards the ar*e -   Wink  - what happens in Bleu stays in Bleu - unless of course you have defected to MB next year!!

F

Can't remember that, was I conscious at the time? Have to check the photos Wink
keithk
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 07:17:54 am »

They installed the same things in Harrow were I used to live and they provided endless amusement there good at "capturing" bikes also.....
Fran
The Wise One
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

I'm a CA Goddess!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 10:42:18 pm »

Wel I can vouch on first hand witness evidence , these thing can really break your car, and people havent wised up yet!!!

I saw the (sad) demise of a Renault Clio this evening and the spontaneous discharge of several pints of oil over the road.    There is a sort of little lake of oil around the bollards (there is actually a big wad of absorbent paper no doubt to soak up the oil from several previously damaged sumps) which you might have thought would give a hint to any other drivers wishing to chance their luck......

Its the first time i have wished I had a cameral phone, if only to let you good people have the proof of the pudding so to speak.

F
alibongo
Club Arnage Demi God

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2006, 12:02:34 am »

This does not suprise me at all, as a truck driver out on the road all day long I see no end of brainless dip-sticks doing really stupid things that just makes me shake my head in dispair , worst time of day has got to be the morning skool run and the pillock who is late for work and thinks its ok to overtake a truck on a blind bend etc they should all be shown a video of their driving and then get them to re-take a driving test !!!! its just not funny.....check out your local paper and see the deaths caused by idiots, speed does not kill.............idiot drivers do, I expect the sill cow in the 4x4 in the clip will try to sue the council for damage to her car, whiplash etc...........Rant over Angry

been there done that doing it again !
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: