Club Arnage
March 29, 2024, 08:51:48 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Who, where and when?  (Read 5590 times)
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

I'm already here. Where the fluck are you lot?

View Profile
« on: March 01, 2007, 07:34:18 pm »

I've moved this to a new topic.

Any ideas?

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 08:49:04 am »

GT 40 but thats the easy part.

The track, the rolling hills in the background remind me of Goodwood, but it does not look quite right.

The car seems to be road reg and has a radio ariel! so its not a 'serious' race car, so it could be a sprint or a gentleman's play thing, raced in low key club meetings.

All wrong I expect, so any clues termie?

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 10:31:36 am »

Go further West, young man!  Yes, it is a difficult one.  I finally got my slide scanner installed and running and dug out some old stuff.  Don't you just love the safety features back in those days!
This particular race was won by Denny Hulme.

"I couldn't sleep very well last night. Some noisy buggers going around in automobiles kept me awake." Ken Miles
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 01:30:56 pm »

I wondered about Combe with that banking?  Rolling hills figure as well and it's west of Goodwood I guess! 
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 04:50:25 pm »

Kodak Trophy Thruxton July 1969 maybe?

Its well west of Goodwood, the race was won by Denny Hulme driving a Lola T70 and there was a GT40 number 10 entered that was piloted by Piers Forrester/Andrew Hedges.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 04:52:47 pm by Nordic » Logged

Some people will tell you that slow is good - and it may be, on some days - but I am here to tell you that fast is better.
H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
termietermite
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 05:41:36 pm »

Voila, Nordic!   I've got some pics of Denny taken that day too. Must dig them out..
http://wspr-racing.com/wspr/results/bscc/bscc1969.html

jpchenet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 01:23:18 am »

Nordic, I so wish you were coming to Sebring! I would love to be at a meeting between you and Fax (in his various guises) and just listen to you both sharing your knowledge!!
Nordic
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 08:57:03 am »

I would love to be going to Sebring and meeting fax (Mk1 & 2) as well as the rest of the regulars it would be a pleasure I am sure.

However my bank balance and wife tell me otherwise, for this year at least.

btw, I just know where to look to find the answers, I don't know anymore than the rest of you do. The combined knowledge on here is amazing and would put most other fourms to shame.

H S Thompson 1937 - 2005
Boorish Grobian
Club Arnage God

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 07:23:48 pm »

Agreed Nordic, would be great to meet up and swap stories over a few cold ones.  I've enjoyed every second of hanging with the CA crowd and look forward to many more.  As Nordic very well put it, we don't know anymore than anyone else, we just know where to look up stuff. Wink
That, and we're getting to be a bunch of old gits.  When you've been around long enough, and been to enough races, your bound to have seen something that you can say in twenty or thirty years...I was there and remember that!
Fax
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: