Club Arnage
April 29, 2024, 03:20:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Le Mans Classic 2008  (Read 5437 times)
lynxd67

View Profile
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:06:58 pm »

Since everyone seems to be waiting for the news, I phoned Petersport today and lo and behold the date will be announced officially at the end of the week. Hmm. There is an embargo on the date. I know it but dare I tell you? Dare I lose my press passes for breaking the embargo?

What the hell...............

11/12/13 July 2008. Now get on and book your accomodation!

But you didn't get it from me, now did you?
Andy Zarse
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 11:54:20 am »

Nope, never heard it here.  Wink

Must say I thought it was better when they did the first Classic in Sept 02. July is too close to June! Anyway, I've been to all the previous three, so will probably wander along to number four.

I wouldn't sit there if I were you, it's still a bit wet.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 09:04:04 pm »

It's in our calendar for next year  Grin
rcutler
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2007, 09:07:59 pm »

Like Andy I agree that the event should be run in September as the weather was just as hot then. I have also been to the last three and hope never to miss one! However it looks like I will be going back to Sebring again next year so funds will be tighter then ever before.
lynxd67

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2007, 11:11:47 pm »

There are several reasons why it won't be run again in September and both are to do with money. Firstly Goodwood is the first weekend in September and the majority of spectators can't do both so they have to choose, but the main reason is because of the shops on the Hunaudieres straight who created merry hell because of lost trade. Having gone through the lean months of July and August they then were closed yet again at the beginning of September. On the down side (for the drivers) is the lack of available marshals in July. It takes 1,400 to run the 24 hour race in June but if my figures are correct they had only 450 for the Classic last year. However. some enjoyed it so much they are thinking of changing to the Classic since there is a waiting list to be a marshal for the 24 hour in June (like the Goodwood Revival) and many enjoyed the laid back relaxed atmosphere. It is after all their own free time they are giving. Last year there were 220,000 at Le Mans (55% from the UK) but the Classic was over 80% british cars and around 70% british spectators, so they can't afford to lose people. Petersport reckon they break even at 50,000. The first two editions in 2002 & 2004 lost money.
Piglet
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

I'm a llama!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2007, 09:46:41 am »

That's interesting that they reckon the Classic was 70% British spectators, it always seems to me that the Classic is much more French and that more of the spectators were French than British.     

a62andrew

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2007, 01:59:01 pm »

Any wispers on the camp sites, is it to be Mason Balnc only again, or do you think they will open up Houx or Houx Annex?

Barry
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Master

Kick out the jams, motherf*ckers!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2007, 05:50:17 pm »

When they sold out MB in 2006 for the Classic, they started selling tickets for Karting Nord.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: