Club Arnage
April 28, 2024, 12:31:05 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: … welcome to the Club Arnage Le Mans forum …

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thanks guys!  (Read 2379 times)
MikeH
CA Veteran

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« on: June 16, 2003, 06:48:13 pm »

Thanks for all your info about Le Mans leading up to the race, it was my first time there and it was amazing!

I didn't get there till Saturday, as I went on a coach trip via Paris leaving Thursday, but stil I got enough racing in... watched the start and first hour or so, then went back to tent for dinner, came back at 7PM-ish to the track, watched till about 11PM, went back to the tent for soup and coffee, and then some of us went back to the track at midnight. We watched some of the pitlane action, then made our way out of the circuit via the Tetre Rouge exit, and through the back lanes to the Mulsanne straight...which was an awesome experience (thanks to the guys who gave me the info!). Then back through the fields and into the track, where we got suspicious looks from the guys on the gate (I fell into a marshy bit of ground up to my shins - lucky I had my army style boots on - and my mate was wearing shorts as we went through this field full of tall grass and prickly things), but fortunately we weren't stopped. We then watched the race till 5.30 AM, then went back to the tent for 3.5 hours sleep, after which it got too hot in the tent, so back to the track around 11AM and to the s/f line to watch the finish (which was great, as the cars pulled into the pits after the finish right in front of us!).

Then sadly it was time to get back on the coach and drive home, getting home at 4.30AM Monday morning. Still, just a year till the next one!

mdh-photography.co.uk
mgmark
CA Veteran
Club Arnage God

Fun is not a straight line.....

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 01:33:34 pm »

Great - glad you enjoyed it and found the advice useful - hope you can go in a car next year and enjoy the build up tio the event as well.

"If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." Mario Andretti
Bobblehat
CA Veteran
Club Arnage Demi God

A racing we do go....

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 02:05:51 pm »

I would like to add my thanks to all of the people who put all the info, maps etc together. Aftre a 7 year break it was most helpfull. Also thanks to the TWATS for the directions from Calise. (All-though some of you look a little lost in Carrfour when I saw you)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: